LegacyGT.com

Warranty about to expire soon, what to do now?

The extended warranty I purchased on mine is about to expire in three thousand miles. What do you guys do for a check up to identify potential issues? I am thinking of doing an oil analysis. Maybe I will take the car to an auto shop for a thorough check?

How many miles on your car?

Have you had any issues/repairs/trouble with anything?

It's definitely worth it to bring it in and have the dealer take a look to verify there are no issues and nothing to claim under warranty.

if they don't find anything, you may have to pay them for their labor to inspect.

You should discuss and negotiate this up front, and maybe pay for an oil change/state inspection/tire rotation and perhaps they will then inspect for free if its up on the lift

I looked at all of the TSBs. One of them swapped out the radio from volume fluctuation, another fixed blue tooth, . I also had the rear trunk pistons replaced under extended warranty.

It's 50$ a visit, (from recollection) so stack as many up at one time.

Never had them paint the stopper rod TSB, but that may be good to do.

http://techinfo.subaru.com/search/listResults.html

• 2 months later...

Typicaly when it comes to warranty repair, non-wear items are either broken or they aren't. If they're broken, then the warranty will fix them. If something is "on its way out" then you'd have to convince the warranty company that it requires fixing. Check the wheel bearings, check for oil leaks, strange noises, etc., a multi-point inspection should catch those if the mechanic is thorough.

I'd be surprised if a repair would be authorized based on an oil analysis (unless it alerted you to coolant/oil mixing).

Archived