LegacyGT.com

Kinugawa Turbo Review

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess ill share my experiences. I have a 16g on myn with a 8cm hot side and the thing is great. My brother has a 20g on his sti and hes pushing close to 400 wtq and whp with full supporting mods.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

• 1 year later...
If it's an STI SD compressor, PW has a fitting for that.

On the LGTs, the banjo bolt orifice determines, pretty much, how much oil and pressure gets to the journal bearings, all else equal. There have been reports of issues with too large and orifice, causing blown seals, or too small an orifice, causing oil starvation. Banjo bolt filter screen is also a potential issue.

The picture and the description are confusing. TS LGTs have a different style TMIC.

This is the only post on all of the 17 pages that talks about the banjo bolt orifice size. I just got a Kinugawa 16g and wondering if I should use the stock banjo bolt or the one that comes with the IP&T lines. Talking to Mike from Infamous a while back,he stressed re-using the original banjo bolt (minus the screen)if I'm running the stock turbo and his lines. The banjo bolt hole that comes with his lines is substantially larger.

So, my question is: Do I use the stock or the larger orifice banjo bolt with the Kinugawa ??

Thanks, Zack K.

I would think to cover warranty, use the bolt that came with the turbo.

That's assuming your talking about the banjo at the turbo. Which does not have a screen.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You use the larger one with that came with the turbo. It has a larger shaft/bearings/etc over the stock one.

I opted to use one of the kinugawa AN fittings with a proper orifice built in rather than a banjo bolt.

Well,that's the thing....I DON'T have the banjo bolt that comes with the turbo,it was bought used. I do have the larger orifice banjo bolt that comes with the IP&T stainless line. I just don't want to over-oil this 16g if if uses the stock bearing and cartridge.

Thanks,Zack K.

Why not contact a kinugawa retailer directly and ask for the correct bolt instead of guessing ?!?

Well,that just makes TOO much sense,lol. Actually,that was my next move,I'm sure they sell those bolts by themselves,I just hate buying stuff I already have. It's not guessing if I get an actual answer,lol. If the center section is exactly like the VF 40,then I would use the small orifice bolt,I just can't get a straight answer.

Thanks,Zack K.

A TD05 needs a bit more oil flow than the little VF-40. Use the bigger banjo in Mike's kit.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I guess ill share my experiences. I have a 16g on myn with a 8cm hot side and the thing is great. My brother has a 20g on his sti and hes pushing close to 400 wtq and whp with full supporting mods.

Ditto, EVO3 Big 16g with an 8CM housing, been running it for over a year now, working great :)

About oil lines and restrictors.... My oil line setup looks like this (this is to show that I'm not using any stock lines which have built in restrictors).

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Turbo/Lines/Oil/Oil_LineV2_003.jpg~original

I installed it with the VF40 in place, at which point I used the stock bolt to not overoil the VF40.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Turbo/Lines/Oil/20151223_155559.jpg~original

When I installed the Big 16g from Kinugawa, I used a bolt that came with their VF39 line kit actually.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Turbo/Lines/Oil/20151223_155926.jpg~original

It has a big hole up top but the restrictor is in the exit hole of the banjo bolt

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Turbo/Lines/Oil/20151223_155504.jpg~original

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 4 years later...