LegacyGT.com

Little help please

Searched for quite a bit and can’t find the direct info or even a cross reference on the parts stores anywhere. Specifically Grimmspeed which is where I’ll be getting them from. I had a 4th gen that I sold. This is for my bro’s 5th gen LGT (2012).

So we’re doing an Invidia Downpipe/J-pipe, stock mid/Y and a set of SPT cans he got from another member here. Problem is I can’t find a guarantee on fitment for the life of me for some of the replacement hardware parts. Wanted to order the replacement studs and nuts and turbo to J-pipe gasket from Grimmspeed . My parts guy looked into it and is getting the gasket and stud kit for the 2015 WRX. I’m aware the setup is similar but not sure if it’s exactly the same. He got back to me with this

Grimmspeed part #020033 for the gasket and part #007008 for the stud kit. Lastly part #077044 for the Aftermarket J-Pipe to OEM midpipe adapter

I’m usually quite proficient in searching and finding this type of stuff but these 5th gens r a pita to find anything!!

Thanks in advance for any input

d66838366668f7c2bd42813cb9e6c795.jpg

Why not just use an OEM turbo to J pipe gasket? At least you know it will fit properly.

https://www.importimageracing.com/products/subaru-oem-turbo-to-downpipe-gasket-legacy-gt-2010-2012?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo4X3krbt6QIVzcDACh0mVAh_EAQYASABEgKcsvD_BwE

The Grimmspeed gasket you listed doesn't have the correct output shape.

The studs I went OEM as well. I just called the dealer and had them order the studs and nuts (can't remember the part number off hand). I found that most of the little things were cheaper from Subaru than aftermarket as well. I ordered aftermarket parts from all over for my 5th gen build and got a ton of wrong parts, but through Subaru I got all the correct parts... FWIW.

My Invidia J pipe came with a gasket and bolts, so I didn't need to source anything for those.

Thanks for the pic!

Why not just use an OEM turbo to J pipe gasket? At least you know it will fit properly.

https://www.importimageracing.com/products/subaru-oem-turbo-to-downpipe-gasket-legacy-gt-2010-2012?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo4X3krbt6QIVzcDACh0mVAh_EAQYASABEgKcsvD_BwE

The Grimmspeed gasket you listed doesn't have the correct output shape.

The studs I went OEM as well. I just called the dealer and had them order the studs and nuts (can't remember the part number off hand). I found that most of the little things were cheaper from Subaru than aftermarket as well. I ordered aftermarket parts from all over for my 5th gen build and got a ton of wrong parts, but through Subaru I got all the correct parts... FWIW.

My Invidia J pipe came with a gasket and bolts, so I didn't need to source anything for those.

Thanks for the pic!

Thanks for the input and I very much agree with it now that u put it into perspective. Everything I could use I always used OEM Subaru parts. For my Bug wagon, my 15 Rex and my 4th gen LGT Wagon I’ve done the same with all of my builds as far as nuts bolts studs etc go. I had my parts guy getting me all the stuff for my bro so was easier to order all together but maybe not if they’re the wrong parts Haha. I’ll prob just send him to his local Subaru and get the studs and nuts.

Thanks again for the clarity Stewdogg!!

Edited by Wooosh

Based on input here I got:

Grimmspeed adapter 077044

-and-

Grimmspeed hybrid gasket 020031

to mate my AVO DP to OE exhaust. But I havent installed it yet lol!

Search the adapter part number here, it will come up. I think I got it in _mcg's thread.