LegacyGT.com

Bluetooth suggestions?

Hello all! This is my first post here. I bought a used 2009 Legacy limited in 2010 and I love it. It has everything except bluetoothv(B). I was wondering what others have done to have BT in your subaru? I know there are BT modules as well radios with integrated BT. I also know it's not easy to change out the stock stereo because the climate control system is part of it. I want it to do hands free for my iPhone but also stream music to the stock system.

Last option is to use the cubby up top for something.

I have the 6 disc in dash stock stereo and it has a SAT option on the source button that does nothing right now when pushed

I did search around for about 15 minutes on here for this info, but didnt see a lot - or it wasn't necessarily for 2005-2009

Thanks!

I haven't personally used any grom audio products, but they seemed like the best option when I was seriously considering adding bluetooth to my car last year.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/all-sub08.html

Yes. I love mine. I have the GROM-USB.

thanks... My car has the in dash 6 CD changer...so not sure if I can use those..

They come with either CD emulation, or SAT emulation. I believe the Sat emulation is a little "easier" and "cleaner" as it plugs into the SAT port. I'm not sure how the CD one works.

After re-reading the product info you're right, I forgot the grom products aren't compatible with cd changers, my mistake.

not sure what you mean. Why wouldn't it be?

Do you have to pay a monthly subscription fee to parrot?

I have a parrot mki system in my upper cubby. I really enjoy it. Sounds great and the streaming blue tooth audio is awesome. No cords to get tangled.

Yes. I love mine. I have the GROM-USB.

They come with either CD emulation, or SAT emulation. I believe the Sat emulation is a little "easier" and "cleaner" as it plugs into the SAT port. I'm not sure how the CD one works.

not sure what you mean. Why wouldn't it be?

When you go to a product page, like the one shown below..

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapters/subaru_usb_ipod_adapter_direct_digital_interface.html

It says "Double-DIN Non-Navigation radios that are equipped with an in dash six-disc CD Changer and Single-DIN radios are not compatible."

So that made me think he couldn't use it with his in dash cd changer. I could be mistaken though, maybe things have changed and it now is compatible.

On the grom site, it does say the p-206UNB is compatible though. I would call grom and see what they say, I don't understand why you couldn't use it using SAT.

I too use parrot product with OE head unit and oem navi.

all you need are the adapter cables to plug into your head unit the parrot then speakers.

can use it for blue tooth audio, phone and plug in iPod, USB and jack to numerous devices.

kids love watching movies on the ipad played through the car speakers via Bluetooth.

Yep saw it and just reread... So your phone connects automatically when u get in the car? What do you put your radio on to use it - SAT? I have an iphone and im concerned that the voice dial wont work with my password protect - like ur BB. Have u ever tried it with an iphone?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CLYJ2I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Belkin Bluetooth Car Hands-Free Kit for Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, BlackBerry,and Android Smartphones, US Version: MP3 Players & Accessories[/ame]

^ Works perfectly.

:yeahthat:

Yep saw it and just reread... So your phone connects automatically when u get in the car? What do you put your radio on to use it - SAT? I have an iphone and im concerned that the voice dial wont work with my password protect - like ur BB. Have u ever tried it with an iphone?

If you install it as I did it works in any mode you are in. Radio, CD, whatever. It mutes whatever is playing, you don't need to change modes. Yes, it connects automatically presuming you have your phone set to automatically pair and announces the connection a few seconds after starting up. If you connect a second device like an ipad or ipod it beeps to announce the second connection. Most bt units are not multi point and only connect to one device, so this was very important for me - perhaps not for you. I don't have an iPhone but if you can't voice dial with it password locked, it is a phone issue and it won't matter what bt you are using. The reason it doesn't work is because your address book information shouldn't be accessible to anyone when locked. Incoming calls can still be answered.

Well I decided to go with the Kinivo BTC450. It's not a fully integrated system like Parrot, etc. but I think it will do what I need and got great reviews and is very affordable.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NLTW60/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack - 3.5 mm: MP3 Players & Accessories[/ame]

Okay got it. So far so good. It reconnects automatically very reliably and audio sounds great! I haven't mounted everything in it final location, but have the mic down low by the shifter and SIRI seems to have a little but of trouble understanding me... so maybe mic not in best location. Also SIRI sounds low when she talks, but might be volume i can change on phone. also, when phone rings, it doesnt let you know who is calling. However, its a very good design and works very well so far... i definitely recommend it

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed a Parrot MKI9200 system in my wife's CR-V...awesome...in my son's Forester XT, I have installed an Alpine 133bt (Parrot Bluetooth built in) and in my LGT, I have a Pioneer Double din...with bluetooth built in...

I would have gotten my wife an alpine double din with bluetooth if she wanted, but she liked her stock deck...

I really like Parrot products, especially those integrated in the decks like the new Alpines...so easy to use and I really like the mute/sound over the speakers function. I've had other Alpine decks with bluetooth built in and also with older decks that use the KCE-400bt (Parrot) as a separate unit. They have all worked flawlessly. I would be careful buying anything lower than the KCE-400bt...as the older ones such as the 350,300, 200, and 100bt were not made by Parrot and had serious echoing issues with them...

I ordered the Alpine from Crutchfield...simple, free shipping and wiring harness, very happy and would recommend.

Archived