LegacyGT.com

dgoodhue's '12 SWP Legacy 2.5GT

My car was dyno tuned today at Brentuning. It happens to be my birthday, so this was my birthday present to myself. Dropping my car off for someone to tune it was a lot easier to tuning a vehicle myself. This is the 1st car that I have had on a dyno. I usually just get my results at the track.

I was a little surprised at the peak numbers, 290whp and 331ft-lbs. I ended up averaging gains of 22hp and 25 ft-lbs of torque. The peak number gains were 17hp and 56ft-lbs. The peak torque gain is a little overstated because I was using the Cobb 17psi OTS program with the low wastage, so my boost was not ramping up as quick as before. (I was seeing peaks of 18.5psi after adding an aftermarket BPV and Invidia Q300 catback exhaust). The car definitely pulls and feels quicker than before. From my 1st test drive of Legacy GT 2 summers ago in which I was disappointed in how fast the car felt, my Legacy has exceeded my expectations in what I was looking for.

IMG_2663.thumb.JPG.2dd8f97dddcf4e395c16c8bd4ddef140.JPG

I am running the same stop tech slotted rotor and street pad set up you. After about 6-7k, I noticed a discoloration on the rotors. A darker inner half towards the hat and a lighter normal metal color on the outside of the rotor face.

I am guess the coating has worn off the outer edge of the rotor. I would have expect to be even worn but it was eventually wear that way. My car already had the rotor on it when I bought my car and they have always appeared to be untreated metal.

I am guess the coating has worn off the outer edge of the rotor. I would have expect to be even worn but it was eventually wear that way. My car already had the rotor on it when I bought my car and they have always appeared to be untreated metal.

Thank you. Either way the braking doesn’t seem to be affected. I apologize for putting that picture where I did. I didn’t think it would pop up as a opening picture. I am not sure how to delete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car was dyno tuned today at Brentuning. It happens to be my birthday, so this was my birthday present to myself. Dropping my car off for someone to tune it was a lot easier to tuning a vehicle myself. This is the 1st car that I have had on a dyno. I usually just get my results at the track.

I was a little surprised at the peak numbers, 290whp and 331ft-lbs. I ended up averaging gains of 22hp and 25 ft-lbs of torque. The peak number gains were 17hp and 56ft-lbs. The peak torque gain is a little overstated because I was using the Cobb 17psi OTS program with the low wastage, so my boost was not ramping up as quick as before. (I was seeing peaks of 18.5psi after adding an aftermarket BPV and Invidia Q300 catback exhaust). The car definitely pulls and feels quicker than before. From my 1st test drive of Legacy GT 2 summers ago in which I was disappointed in how fast the car felt, my Legacy has exceeded my expectations in what I was looking for.

Happy birthday, 290whp is a neat present!

So, from your mod list you are running stock turbo, downpipe, and IC so you are pretty much at stage 1?

Nice gains, congrats!

• 4 weeks later...

This weekend I started detailing my car. I had small brown specs (I think rust from the brakes or pads) all down the passenger and driver-side doors of the car. This winter, I had gotten a couple minor parallel parking scratches on the front and rear bumpers and good sized dent on driver rear quarter from what I think was someone falling into my car. Most of that basketball sized popped out when I used my random orbital buffer. My car also had a good sized door ding on the drivers door plus 2 on the a pillar and small door ding on the passenger rear door from when I bought my car last June.

On Saturday, I washed, claybared and polished my car with random orbital buffer and Griot Garage medium and fine polishes. The scratches and dots easily came out. I ended up doing the entire car because I realize that someone previously had polished my car, but they only used an aggressive polish, so it had swirls all over it, which aren't that noticeable with white. My paint came out really nice.

On Sunday I touched up a few scratches, rewashed my car (fine polish makes a mess and pollen is still falling), sealed and waxed my car.

Yesterday afterwork, I vacuumed, leather conditioned and cleaned the windows.

Today, I went to PDR body shop and they took all dents out. Every though I know where the dent were, I can not find them. So I am impressed and pleased the way it came out. The driver door ding is no longer irritating me.

Here are few current pictures.

280839898_IMG_26912.thumb.jpg.b2ede55b1fbf84114fbf05f7ede0cf50.jpg

IMG_2690.thumb.JPG.d6bb1267f11d0ea27dfb14639104908d.JPG

1491270701_IMG_26932.thumb.jpg.a9d5dd1041fc6cb875d9ab913e5d93dd.jpg

1240881910_IMG_26862.thumb.jpg.a8ac76159ba0a4419b8646999c8479d0.jpg

• 2 months later...
I got another Blackstone oil sample, this one looks much better. My 1st oil sample was supposedly 4500 miles (It says 5500 on the report but that was typo) based on when the oil was last changed by the previous owner, which was supposed 91k miles with Motul 5w40 which is the same oil I am using. I am wondering if that oil change didn't happen or got mixed up with 88k miles maintenance when the transmission oil was changed. It would kind of make sense since 5250 looked better, 4900 looks good. I might goto the shorter 3750 oil changes that Subaru initially was recommending for a while with the EJ255.

IMG_2748.jpg.3ead91fd5240dafd55022fc89fc43b55.jpg

per your post #34, I had a bunch of brown/beige spots on my old wrx. I thought it was from the gyro rotors that got chewed up.

had to clay bar as you did... a big pita.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I have been feeling better and spent yesterday cleaning my GT and doing some light work. I remove the rain guards. Initially I got nervous, because I scratch the first chrome molding but a little metal polish cleaned it right up. I may end up using vinyl to black them out someday, but I wasn't planing on doing that today.

IMG_2754.thumb.JPG.e3cc160154b46b80c348cd850cebd89e.JPG

I debagded my Subaru & Legacy emblems from my trunk as well. I polished the area and sealed/waxed my car afterwards. I am not sure if I love they way it looks, but I am going to give it some time. I may move the AWD and 2.5GT emblem up to where the

I took measurements incase I decide add the emblems back at a later time. I taped the letters to maintain the factory spacing. Incase you can't read my writing, S is 1 3/8" from the Symmetical. Subaru is 1 5/8" from the Symmetical, Subaru is 1 1/2" from the AWD, and the U is 1/2" from the D. The L is 3/8" from the 2, Legacy is 1 7/16" from the 2.5GT and the Y is 7/8" from the 5.

IMG_2755.thumb.JPG.2cc58fd40f46db2e115af59ffc23f85e.JPG

IMG_2751.thumb.JPG.a17a551f04e95febbb478d42a6c388ac.JPG

IMG_2752.thumb.JPG.85a27d8aa0c6df0934902d88c11a1d7e.JPG

IMG_2753.thumb.JPG.395e9faf6ad304c2b13b78f75887b5a7.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 2009 4EAT 2.5i SE Outback today. [i didn't realize it until tonight when I looked back at my records, but it is exactly 1 year to the date when I sold my 5th gen 2.5i.]. This will offload some of the miles I am putting on my GT. I was on pace for 24k miles on GT until my accident in July and I didn't drive for 6 1/2 weeks. I still put 20,500 miles on it in the last year.

The plan is for no more winters for my GT [i kind of now regret the one winter I drove it]. I am not going full GTeaser garage queen though. If use the OB for my winter miles, long highway trips, and it should split the mileage 50-50.

Congrats! Pic of new whip please.

I just put a trickle charger on her this evening. I guess she's officially full garage queen status now.

I paid for, insurance and registered the OB yesterday. I am going away this weekend and will pick it up on Sunday on my way back. I will post a picture when I have it in my possession.

I have c-tek charger that I use and really like. It works well with my Optima Yellow top I have in my truck. I have one of the full size Diehard roll around charger, but it doesn't work will the Optima.

I used to have a Diehard trickle charger and put under my hood of my Corvette I had at the time. One day in the winter I was out in the garage and I smelled something funny, when I touched the trickle charger it was smoking hot. I place my c-tek charger outside my vehicle for that reason (it also has long leads like the trickle charger you have. [The old diehard one I had did not have long leads.]

• 1 year later...
I went to the track 2 weeks ago and blew my charge pipe. Here is the charge stock carnage from that trip. The pipe burst happen just before the finish line. I have attached my time slip. It was my 1st run of night and I took it easy on the run with he shifts so I would have a good baseline. I think the 13.5 ET was probably pretty accurate, the MPH would have been impacted because the trap speed is calculated 66 feet before and after the finish line. The track assigned 135 to my car that night which was a foreshadowing of my ET.

IMG_3033.thumb.jpg.3274da764c8093ff2e145abbe3e6ac81.jpg

IMG_3038.thumb.jpg.104db14618b7bb8432473c6e64120c0a.jpg

I purchased a Racer-X charge pipe and GFB BPV from GTEASER. I installed the charge pipe this weekend. I wasn't that happy with the fitment of the BPV tubing from the intake, I did the best I could and it fits. I must have had the pipes, tubing fan in and out half dozen times trying to find the best fitment. At least my car is back and running.

IMG_3032.thumb.jpg.3e47c3e8c048e2756d9277a874d0046f.jpg

IMG_3035.thumb.jpg.a0c6b300951eae3d25ad17437faff3f0.jpg

IMG_3036.thumb.jpg.814c8d2364b5bceca2165d9ad2014be2.jpg