LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Don’t know why they won’t warranty it longer.

10 years/100,000 miles isn't enough for you? A manufacturer can't warranty their products forever. The question is, where does normal wear and tear supersede early failure?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

It’s enough. I’m going to make sure mine is checked before 100k which will probably be around next year for me. To me if it is a known defect, they should honor it no matter the mileage. Honda fixed my 1981 gas cap issue when it was 17 years old.

Okay, this mod was such a PITA, next time I’ll just buy new lights and have it ship it out to a lightwerkz and have them do it, from the outside they look perfect but the driver side light has a little gap, can’t do much about it, I had to have them take it apart 3 times becaus the first time they forgot the plastic part of the turn signal, the 2nd time they scratched the chrome so I had them repaint both headlights black and the third time they didn’t align the c light on the driver side properly, sure is cost me $350 for the install but never again. The install with the LED is a pita since my lights cabling is all inside the stupid light. What a cluster****

I’ll have a friend make sure the driver side light is properly sealed so no moisture can get in, thankfully it’s summer.

Washed the car carefully.

With that said I’m in love with the mod, just not something I’d recommend anyone doing it, taking apart the lights and going back is a disaster, we used the heat gun method the first time, it didn’t turn out well at all, the 2nd time with oven it was much better but the damage was already done.

9ZsTQup.jpg

M2yTO7I.jpg

mhwuO3M.jpg

Qk4JtgP.jpg

pgF9kRy.jpg

Okay, this mod was such a PITA, next time I’ll just buy new lights and have it ship it out to a lightwerkz and have them do it, from the outside they look perfect but the driver side light has a little gap, can’t do much about it, I had to have them take it apart 3 times becaus the first time they forgot the plastic part of the turn signal, the 2nd time they scratched the chrome so I had them repaint both headlights black and the third time they didn’t align the c light on the driver side properly, sure is cost me $350 for the install but never again. The install with the LED is a pita since my lights cabling is all inside the stupid light. What a cluster****

I’ll have a friend make sure the driver side light is properly sealed so no moisture can get in, thankfully it’s summer.

Washed the car carefully.

With that said I’m in love with the mod, just not something I’d recommend anyone doing it, taking apart the lights and going back is a disaster, we used the heat gun method the first time, it didn’t turn out well at all, the 2nd time with oven it was much better but the damage was already done.

9ZsTQup.jpg

M2yTO7I.jpg

mhwuO3M.jpg

Qk4JtgP.jpg

pgF9kRy.jpg

Nice!!! I still gotta re-open mine and do a blackout.

I hate you,,LOL

but nice replacement..

Wanted wrx but too small for a family car.

I have kids too but that's what the wife's car is for lol. The legacy is staying in the family so it's more like I no longer drive it but I missed being in a wrx. This 2018 is so easy to drive after they made some clutch and suspension tweaks.

Yeah re-opening and closing is a pita...last time I get any shops do it unless it’s lightwerkz, plus they do it in a dust free environment, mine has some dust particles in it, can’t notice it but it’s there.

If anything in a year or so I might just get the headlights from them and modded.

Overall the turn signals are crazy bright lol.

I have kids too but that's what the wife's car is for lol. The legacy is staying in the family so it's more like I no longer drive it but I missed being in a wrx. This 2018 is so easy to drive after they made some clutch and suspension tweaks.

Both my cousins have a 2016 and 2017 wrx, they are nice, Fun little suckers, but for me I need a bigger car for activities and stuff so extra space for me is huge, especially since I don’t have two cars. If I had two cars I might have opted for a more sportier car like the wrx or even an sti.

It’s enough. I’m going to make sure mine is checked before 100k which will probably be around next year for me. To me if it is a known defect, they should honor it no matter the mileage. Honda fixed my 1981 gas cap issue when it was 17 years old.
They would honor it up to 100k, but after that the Cost of Service comes out of the Owners pocket which could be Expensive..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here is a video of the headlights.

First video is the driver side c-light not properly installed, the 2nd video is when they corrected it. This weekend I gotta clean up the wiring because they suck how they wired things up.

Had another Show yesterday got Awarded Best Intetior.. I know most of you aren't into this kinda thing but just like to share with the group.. Show Industry always favorites the WRX/STI but I do my Best to Represent the Legacy Owners which here in SoCal I'm the Only Legacy in the Show Scene.. 760445989f610a767d22330e7a9107fb.jpg816a704f55c167cd265e0388cf08a469.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lol. Yes. It is hooked up correctly. For now I took out the two horn fuses so I have no horn. Not that it bothers me since I have never used it. I made sure I didn’t break anything. I will have to take everything out and reinstall and check again.

It’s three quick horn chirps whenever I press the brake. Maybe it’s part of the immobilizer? Remote start (which hasn’t worked since my daughter shot the car), something else?

Well after driving around and running errands, I plugged the fuses back in and the horn no longer chirps when hitting the brakes. Whatever it was seems to have corrected itself and the horn works like normal.

Edited by chowser51

Had this rear fog installed today by Lightwerkz

Reverse housing was used and the reverse light still works.

447ba29959fcbba99dfff942345a53cd.jpg

923f6239b6e60976fe4b2c46196d49b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought new headlights and going to be shipping it out to lightwerkz for full customization since my local body shop sucked.

$1100 but price matched the only Subaru retailer...originally quoted $800 per light...

Lightwerkz posted your car pic on their Instagram and I had a feeling it was yours since you and me are the only ones with the 3.6RS badges lol.

Here is my badge, cleaned up the old glue and polished things up:

d5dyUgS.jpg

3QnqI5x.jpg