LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

I like the whole exhaust, I’m hoping they make something bigger to fill in he gap more, other than that it was a direct fit I take?

I do out decent amount of miles on the highway, I’m hoping the droning is not too bad. I do however listen to xm when I drive, I just don’t want it to be overpowering when I’m cruising and listening to music.

Yes it was a simple bolt on. Took 15 minutes literally lol. And on the highway you wont even notice it cruising. I was driving last night with the windows up and no music cruising in the 70s and I could barely tell a difference. Youd be good to go ice. I cant get over tolhe tone it makes a wot and even just a slow acceleration it sounds great. Check your PM icewolf. I messaged you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by Lego3.6R

Moved my LED BAR from roof rack and mounted it in the bumper,I have both brackets for roof rack and bumper so I can move the LED bar to & from either roof or bumper with ease:)

I still have to run another power wire tom morning,so I have power wire on bumper and roof bar so it’s basicly unplug n plug.

IMG_4691.thumb.JPG.44c5a40caf4d66b20137510e7408c183.JPG

Until Resale.. (Dang- I did not even know some of that existed).. "Trunk Garnish"?? That does not sound right..
I'll have her til she dies.. In Japan they call ut the Trunk Garnish Sorry if it sounds funny.. I only put the heavy hitter mods on the board.. Didnt include Full Dyna Mat Trunk and Door, Light Overlays little things like that... I've been building since I bought her.. Still have a few more things to do.. Hobbies are Fun So I never track how much I spend or it wouldn't be fun.. [emoji45][emoji45]

I'll have her til she dies

Hi GL, I've viewed your posts over a long time, and I may be wrong, but I can't recall where you have been too critical of your vehicle. Maybe due to the various steering mods you have done, you have overcome the sort of complaints that some owners on the forum have of the Legacy's handling ..... or maybe you didn't have too many complaints to begin with, and all your steering mods were just "hobby related." The reason I ask is because of your comment "I'll have her til she dies" and I would like to hear if you make that statement just because you have "modded" your car to the level to enable you to say that .... or would you have still said that if you had left it as stock standard. I ask this as a satisfied 3.6 owner "non modder" who often thinks about also making mine "a lifer." I could afford a new vehicle in a couple of years, but I sometimes wonder why bother if the current one has everything I want.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Hi GL, I've viewed your posts over a long time, and I may be wrong, but I can't recall where you have been too critical of your vehicle. Maybe due to the various steering mods you have done, you have overcome the sort of complaints that some owners on the forum have of the Legacy's handling ..... or maybe you didn't have too many complaints to begin with, and all your steering mods were just "hobby related." The reason I ask is because of your comment "I'll have her til she dies" and I would like to hear if you make that statement just because you have "modded" your car to the level to enable you to say that .... or would you have still said that if you had left it as stock standard. I ask this as a satisfied 3.6 owner "non modder" who often thinks about also making mine "a lifer." I could afford a new vehicle in a couple of years, but I sometimes wonder why bother if the current one has everything I want.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

This is my 4th Subie.. I bought a 98rs in 2000 and still have it.. I've done plenty of research and shopping around with different makes of cars and for the money the Legacy too me was well worth it.. Yeah it's not Neck Snapping Fast of the line but I wasn't looking for a race car just a good reliable Subaru.. I don't turn around vehicles much that's why I say I'll have her til she can't drive anymore.. The money i invest for my shows i know i would never get it back in return.. I do have plans to step away from Subaru in the next couple years to get something faster but still be a sedan.. I hope this answers your questions.. I'll be in Vegas in November for Subie Invasion so stop by and say hi..

So my car is still at Subaru. They haven’t done anything to it, I haven’t gotten it because I basically don’t want to. Here’s the situation. I think Subaru is trying to screw me over for their mistake and trying to blame it on me. I don’t know everything but I know a pretty good amount when it comes to modified cars and modifying them. Subaru is trying to blame the weird/abnormal/out of wack alignment wear of the tires on me. They are trying to tell me that because the car is lowered (I am on H&R lowering springs) I’ve had them on the car for 30,000+ miles, now have 59,000 on the car. Replaced the first set of tires at 42,000 miles. Never had any issues with the suspension. Now less than 20,000 miles on the new tires and the chording has happened... they’re trying to tell me that the springs are causing the suspension to be pushed out and that’s why the tires wore like they did. If that’s the case then why didn’t this happen to the last tires. I’ve never liked this dealer but I don’t really have a choice. They are telling me I HAVE TO put the stock springs back on in order to fix the problem... that’s my opinion based on my knowledge. Whether you agree or disagree with my opinion I want to hear what you think and why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a warranty perspective I don't think you have much of an argument especially since you have aftermarket springs. They can't void your warranty but because you changed suspension parts they can argue you changed the suspension geometry, which you did.they can deny the suspension related claim. It's going to be an uphill battle. Have you tried getting the alignment checked by a local shop? I mean the alignment is like $75 or so at a local place and not worth the headache dealing with subaru. My car has 14k miles and I have h and r springs as well. I fully accept Subaru will give me the run around if I have an issue because I swapped out parts.

I think your logic is sound. However once you "mod" the car you are on your own. Suspension, ECU, LEDs whatever, you have veered from the basic engineering design / principles of the car and therefore left that support mechanism behind. Now maybe another dealer with more experience in this area or just very customer centric may try and help rectify the situation, but it does not surprise me at all that once they realized you altered the suspension and you had an alignment problem, they backed off. If you truly believe that springs/ lowering is not hurting the car/tires (something happened to cause that bad of an alignment issue) , buy a new set of tires and move on.

Subaru is trying to blame the weird/abnormal/out of wack alignment wear of the tires on me. They are trying to tell me that because the car is lowered (I am on H&R lowering springs) ...

Now you tell us!

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for you in this situation. In your original post you stated, "I haven’t touched the suspension ...," and in a later post repeated, "I haven’t touched the suspension." I even specifically asked, "What else is not original equipment?" but you never answered. Vehicle modifications always come with a big-boy warranty ... i.e. if it breaks something, it's your problem.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

They are trying to tell me that because the car is lowered (I am on H&R lowering springs) I’ve had them on the car for 30,000+ miles, now have 59,000 on the car.

Don't mean to be an ass, but in your post #320 and 327 you said that the suspension wasn't touched... I guess you tried to say that the suspension wasn't touched since you installed new suspension components and lowered.

Either way, I don't think you'll get much from the dealer in terms of warranty as you are running non-OE suspension components. The only way they would really be responsible is if you have the alignment sheet after they did the job and that was out of spec. Even then they would argue that you had non-OE components and they did the best they could.

Personally, I would not go to a dealer to do these things once you mod things. Its way easier to deal with a tire shop. And they probably see a lot more of the after market stuff than the dealer.

My comment from a few pages back still holds. Try to get a printout of what the alignment specs currently are. If something is off there (and it most likely will be), see what is out of spec and try to hunt down why that happened. If its just the nut job at the dealer that didn't know what s/he was doing and set things incorrect, you are probably out of luck.

I'm assuming Subaru has done this already but do you know if they checked the ball joint for any free play? I know you said you installed tires after you did the h and r springs. Are you sure the alignment wasn't touched when the tires were done? I could see it being possible an alignment machine being out of calibration resulting in a bad alignment. Used to happen at a shop I worked at. When we got a few come back for alignments we suspected the alignment rack was out of calibration. When the toe is off it's usually easier to tell by driving the car because it will pull. When the camber is off it's usually less noticible.

I've also seen guys doing alignments who have no idea how to do it properly and they screw it up. I've seen guys do alignments and as long as it doesn't pull they hand the keys back to the customer and never touch the alignment. I would say start with a print out of the current specs so you know how off it is. It's also possible you bent something from a nasty pothole..I've seen that too. Honestly I think Subaru is going down the road we expect them to. You changed parts so now you're responsible unless you can prove otherwise. Which is almost impossible.

Share the spec sheet and we can try to help you from there. Not sure where you're located but Pep boys offers a free alignment check..they will put the car on their tack and show you the specs.

Edited by fullah

In the future please make a separate thread for troubleshooting, this is not exactly the thread to post. This is more of what you did to your car, you would get more help on a stand alone thread about this specific issue.

With that said I share the sentiments just like other folks on this thread, you made it sound like you kept your car stock and you did not and tried to put this on Subaru. Which they are not liable once you start modding the car.

Either way cut your losses and visit a proper tire shop like les schwab or other reputable tire shops and they will be able to help you out.

Good luck.

Back to topic, I think imma black out the exhausts tips, this way they won’t show much through the faux tips.

Also I am thinking about wrapping the bottom plastic area in black or carbon fiber vinyl.

Gave the legacy a full spring detail few weeks back. Rained the other day and look at the beads [emoji98]

a6666334734b7982bc7aa0c7cedd811c.jpga1a287b26bfee586130f3069864983d8.jpg22766c73c858e7931093e0e8588bea1e.jpg636d21277d7fa142d9bc4753de2b65a2.jpg83ec53db7a16f11ef1c7ae340dca2d5d.jpgf66ef98a8bc521c3733a5cbf1a5bd433.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any issues fitting the STi wheels? On the fence about swapping those onto my 3.6r

Installed 245 45R18 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's this morning. Zero impact on ride quality, they're quieter than the stock Eagle LS2's and steering response is greatly improved. I look forward to punishing them at their limits once "break in" is done.