LegacyGT.com

Stewdogg's 2010 GT

Hmm, I might be interested in that. What do you have left with it?

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer.

Looked like the black part that I would need goes through the floor board?

I will try and rig up a way to mount the cover back on and then if that doesn't work I will take you up on the offer if it's still available. I'll be dealing with it this weekend.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine didn't have a cover from the factory and it seems ok :iam:

I would imagine the design is the same on both, just minus the cover? Not that they upgraded the internals or anything.

I could see no adverse affect to leaving the cover off then.

I installed a new center diff, Kartboy short shifter, Perrin brass bushing and some Whiteline transmission cross member bushings today.

The hardest part of the whole day was the Kartboy short shifter. That fricking stock shift arm was seized on pretty good and put up a hell of a fight all the way off.

I forgot to go pick up my washer for the bushing at the dealer, but I had a washer at work that fit great with a little modifying.

The short shift is awesome! It took a couple of shifts to smooth out, but feels pretty good now... nice and tight.:)

I could tell the center diff was better as soon as I turned the car in the parking lot to leave. It was much smoother and less notchy than before. I noticed when it was up in the air that all the inside treads were a little funky and I imagine that was due to the bad center diff. It was pretty easy to do the center with all of the exhaust in place, I had no interest in fighting that today too

I'll get it out for a nice ride tomorrow to test the center diff on a longer drive.

So, I have this annoying old school phone line hanging down from my driver's side sun visor and stuffed up under the headliner. It's super annoying and I plan on either cutting it out or trying to stuff it somewhere out of sight. Does anyone know what this is for? I'm sure it's not stock to the car.

It looks like the old hands free kits they used to sell for cars, but this car has bluetooth...?

could be a hardwire for a radar detector or dashcam. Many have a phone line plug for power (beltronics and my new Uniden has one). Look in your fuse box to see if any fuses have been tapped. If so, you don't have to add it!

Ah, that makes sense... I have never had either of those things in a car. Although, I was thinking about getting a radar detector again recently.

I will look at the fuse box, find a good place to tuck the wire and make it less annoying for now.

Thanks islandborn!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was hand washing my car and the right side fog light just pushed right in with hardly any force. I pushed it back on the guides, but it fell off after the first ride or so. It looks like one or more of the mounts is oxidized and fell off.

I haven't given it a thorough look yet, but I'm thinking I can just buy a new housing with light and be all good?

Are the OEM like aftermarket sets just as good as the factory OEM ones? Any fun aftermarket sets or just the OEM look?

My searching turned up a lot of people adding the fog lights to the 3.6 or 2.5i and not much about replacing or upgrading the fog lights on a GT.

Thanks!

Inb4 you get enabled into buying the Mustang LED fogs...

...and if that's something you're interested in, GTEASER's your guy. I'm 99% sure he started a thread rather than piggy-backing off of something else.

Just for the record, the fog light assemblies and installation are identical fitment through all models. No difference between 2.51, 3.6R, and GT.

And the Mustang LED fogs are great, I have aftermarket clones of those and love them.

Thanks coco!! I will grab two of those and make the switch to LED.

I'll have to see if my plastic housing is still good or if I have to get a new one on the passenger side. I guess I don't know if it broke on the light side or the mount side... or both?

I hope it wasn't the mount, as they mount to the bumper, not the trim piece. I'm replacing mine because I hit a rock on the highway and mine got pushed in too. The rock never actually the light, but it flexed the bumper enough to break the mounting tabs off the light housing itself. Bumper-side mounting is unphased.

Oh man, I hope it isn't the mount now too.

I will pop the trim piece off tomorrow and get a better look at what's going on. Is the trim piece just held in by a couple of push down tabs?

Tabs yes, but not the kind you need to remove. Its super easy when the foglight isn't in there. I've been putting my fingers on the inside edge of the circular part, give a gentle tug, and the whole thing pops right out.

Just installed mine. I am very pleased with the light output, and the quality of the lamin-x sheets was much better than I expected.

I needed to aim mine like humble did. A filing-cabinet sized key worked great for me.

Nice, I ordered a set of the LED fogs off Ebay for $83 deilvered and got them yesterday. Now, I'm just waiting for my Lamin-x stickers to get here on Tuesday and I will put them in.

I will have to make sure they are aimed correctly right off the bat, thanks.

My check engine has been coming on quite often in the higher temps we have been having the last couple of days. I will install the O2 sensor tomorrow and see if that takes care of the P0420 code for good.

I got the O2 sensor installed last night.

I put the car up on the rack at work and realized that I can go through the top of the engine bay and have much easier time replacing the sensor.

Just pop out the coolant reservoir, get a long extension and it's easy peasy.

I hope the check engine light stays off now.

The O2 sensor seems to have taken care of my check engine light returning. I took the GT on a 400+ mile trip this weekend and not a peep from the check engine light.

I got the fog lights installed and aimed nicely. I really like the tint color on the Lamin-X fog light covers. I think it looks great with the black car.

I also ordered some AVO front LCA bushings to install while I do my Koni install this weekend.

For some reason the birds keep pooping on my car and leaving my wife's black Forester XT completely alone and it is parked right next to the GT...?:p

So, I will be installing my Koni's and Eibach's tomorrow night. That and the front LCA bushings should take care of the suspension. I want to move on to a little power upgrade.

I'm just looking for a little more pull and maybe a little more boost sooner...? Not looking for anything crazy and want reliability because this is my daily.

I have about $1,000-1,200 to drop on this upgrade now. Is that enough or should I wait and bank a little more cash? What would you do with the cash?

Wow, it takes me way too long to figure out acronyms.:)

I guess I forgot to mention that I bought the car with a Cobb tuner V3 with a 91 base tune. I imagine that changes the recommendations a bit, sorry.

I'm going to have to go do some reading on wideband, which I imagine relates to a wideband 02 sensor...?

Thanks for the reply FLlegacy!

My downpipe and custom tune made a very big difference in spool. I would suggest downpipe, AP, and e-tune. That'll get you to 1000-1200 easily. The bpv would be good too if you can wing it.

But the custom tune is the single biggest improvement.

You've read this I hope: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-gt-power-roadblocks-and-solutions-259192.html

Thanks Sarang!

I have read that post a couple of times. I know that the basics at this point is down pipe and a tune, but I was wondering about those other little things that make a difference.

My current set up:

Cobb AP tuner w/91 tune

Perrin shift bushing

kartboy short shifter

Eibach springs

Koni shocks

Possible Power upgrades:

Invidia DP ~$600

Custom tune ~?

BPV ~$170

EBCS ~$150

Total ~$900 without cost of tune.

Just a rough estimate of things at this point. I have to figure out how much a custom tune costs and the classic, do I find someone around here or someone online that has more experience with the 5th gen Legacy to perform the tune...?