LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Yesterday I installed the Whiteline 22mm RSB and Kartboy Endlinks on my LGT. I had driven on the OEM sway bar for 5+ years and 82k miles.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Really happy to see the S2mobile alive again.

Yesterday I installed the Whiteline 22mm RSB and Kartboy Endlinks on my LGT. I had driven on the OEM sway bar for 5+ years and 82k miles.

Bet you notice a pretty huge difference huh.

Subaru Tribeca, episode 3 take 3 gen 3 aka Ascent:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5793816&postcount=701

Interesting, so chassis code is WM/WMA etc. And 20x7.5 seems so tall and skinny for this size vehicle, and so donut-y on 245/50/20, but I guess comfort is the aim of the ride here.

The vehicle shouts cost-savings and vanilla-ville.

Expected I guess, up until the time you see the sticker price, which has nothing to do with what you get for said price.

The lack of hood gas struts really put me off as soon as I lifted that heavy bonnet.

And on the inside - Bam! Bam! Flinstone fimur dash decor and a material and finish cluster#@&$ make for a busy and dated interior. Guess thats what people who might buy these like.

Edited by Perscitus

New spark plugs and reusable dry air filter to celebrate our one year anniversary! Haha. Also discovered the spark plug tube seal on cylinder 2 leaks a little bit, so cleaned it out and will take care of that soon.

Spent the weekend on the car - changed the oil, replaced the low beams, started on the front rotors and brakes. Did the drivers side - awesome. Got to the passenger side and while trying to compress my pistons to put the new pads in the Brembos.... oops, one piston popped out! crap. Brake fluid all over the place. Well, its in my truck and I'll take it to the dealership to have them put it back together. SO not all finished yet.

Spent the weekend on the car - changed the oil, replaced the low beams, started on the front rotors and brakes. Did the drivers side - awesome. Got to the passenger side and while trying to compress my pistons to put the new pads in the Brembos.... oops, one piston popped out! crap. Brake fluid all over the place. Well, its in my truck and I'll take it to the dealership to have them put it back together. SO not all finished yet.
Did you have the cap off the m/c reservoir to relieve pressure on the other pistons?

Did you have the cap off the m/c reservoir to relieve pressure on the other pistons?

yup. I read somewhere that this is sorta par for the course after so many years the little rubber seals sorta get weak - hence why you can buy the kits. Its no real biggie outside time - guy at the dealership will rebuild it for me for no charge. Friends with benefits!

Got my hard race engine mount in.... is this a "jack the front of the engine up a little via ?oil pan? to ease off the weight and swap?... or do I have to actually support the engine from the top(like service manual)

10. Engine Mounting.pdf

Edited by SpidermanMTL

Got my hard race engine mount in.... is this a "jack the front of the engine up a little via ?oil pan? to ease off the weight and swap?... or do I have to actually support the engine from the top(like service manual)
Just a little pressure under the oil pan to hold the front of the motor up, or rather to keep it from sagging. It doesn't need much, just hold it in place while you remove the old and install the new.

Just a little pressure under the oil pan to hold the front of the motor up, or rather to keep it from sagging. It doesn't need much, just hold it in place while you remove the old and install the new.

Loosening the side mounts is pretty easy, if you need extra clearance.

Wife left the driver side window all the way open and we had a storm came thru. Lucky she parked it so close to the other vehicle and the only thing got damp (not soaked) was the driver front seat. T

his weekend I maybe shampooing the seat and carpet for the Legacy if I don't go out to the gun range with my friend and brother in-law's.

Today I got around to installing my kyb Excel G shocks and Eibach pro springs. 6 hrs well spent. This was my first time installing springs, the first one was a pain but I breezed through the last 2.

I must say, the performance is much improved. Granted I had no idea my front shock we're leaking before I changed them so I'm not sure if the combo I installed is THAT much better than stock, but it's definitely world's better than what I had before.

Money and time well spent. I had such a fun time driving this afternoon.

Looks good too.

2abfbdb977f517ba0471c84f4afacc55.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Got front control arms with AVO lca bushings, SPC RCAs, Hardrace engine mount, and Perrin steering damper put in. Also got it aligned at Firestone, since I bought their lifetime alignment awhile back, just so she's driveable. Gonna take her to a recommended shop that does customized alignments later, but for now she handles nice and tight!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Rebuilt my ISC coilovers. AND! Got to have ebony and ivory together to get wrenched on at the same time (Zee)! Spent a good time talking shop and cars over Mexican food and a couple of Dos Equis while we waited.

IMG_5366.thumb.JPG.0bb083fac44541caa15e392350f07358.JPG

replaced cabin air filter. Was supposedly replaced by the dealer before I bought it in 5/2017, but I find it hard to believe that much crap got in there in a year...holy cow. It was gross.