LegacyGT.com

Low fuel pressure

As long as you buy a reputable brand there should be no issue. Denso is the OEM for subaru, try not to go rebuilt as they are hit and miss if you are not installing it yourself.

Napa sells quality parts, my other GT had an alternator from Napa.

I think im going to test the voltage regulator on the alternator if its good, im going to through some new brushes and bearings if needed from subaru. If that doesn't work ill only be out a few bucks. If the voltage regulator is bad ill just buy a new alternator

Sent from my SM-G770U1 using Tapatalk

So I got the fuel pump wiring done. Fuel pressure sensor is s not in yet, i had to buy a 90 degree adapter, so I'm waiting on that. I put the dw specs for latencies and scalar in and set the fuel pressure to 34psi, but it was way off. I was going to have to lower my scaler below 940cc which I know isn't right so I just set the pressure back to 43.5 at idle and went out driving. The car felt normal, it definitely seems like the fuel pump has more juice up top. Battery voltage was back to normal. 13.84 - 14.05 volts. I drove around a little bit and at one point my iam dropped to .875 which was odd because there was no knock correction or fine learning knock. Idk why the iam would drop in that case. So I went out and drove hard after doing 3rd gear wot to see if my afrs were correct and no knock was being recorded. I couldn't make the iam drop again which is weird because when it dropped i wasn't driving hard. Maybe it was just a fluke.

Im going to get the fuel pressure sensor installed when that fitting comes in. I have a feeling that my problem will resurface, I still suspect something to be wrong with the alternator.

If anyone knows what events tell the computer to trigger the IAM to drop, I would love to know. I get the knock event part of it, but I have a feeling there is more to it than that

Thanks

**update**

So I installed my fuel pressure sensor and all seems good except the readout in my romraider logger. The sensor i bought was from Amazon, because i didn't want to drop $100 on an aem sensor. The specs on thes sensor are the same as aem so I used there equation in my definition files, but the readout at idle says 2887.5 psi. I think that the cheap sensor i bought might be outputting the incorrect voltage to the computer. I wired it correctly unless they switched a power and analog wire.

*<parameter id="P40" name="Fuel Pressure" desc="P40" ecubyteindex="13" ecubit="7" target="1">

* * * * * * * * * * <address>0x000034</address>

* * * * * * * * * * <conversions>

* * * * * * * * * * * * <conversion units="PSI" expr="(25*x)-12.50" format="0.00" />

* * * * * * * * * * </conversions>

Here is the code I used, let me know if something is wrong. I had my egt sensor hooked up to this tgv before and it worked fine.

I did some math and it seems that the sensor is outputting 115v at idle.

I also used my peak value to calculate the actual psi, and peak pressure is 63.5 psi at 18 pounds of boost. Which is plus 20 psi from base fuel pressure, so it seems like the fpr is doing its job. I haven't had the lean issue occur yet since the re wire.

**update**

So I installed my fuel pressure sensor and all seems good except the readout in my romraider logger. The sensor i bought was from Amazon, because i didn't want to drop $100 on an aem sensor. The specs on thes sensor are the same as aem so I used there equation in my definition files, but the readout at idle says 2887.5 psi. I think that the cheap sensor i bought might be outputting the incorrect voltage to the computer. I wired it correctly unless they switched a power and analog wire.

*<parameter id="P40" name="Fuel Pressure" desc="P40" ecubyteindex="13" ecubit="7" target="1">

* * * * * * * * * * <address>0x000034</address>

* * * * * * * * * * <conversions>

* * * * * * * * * * * * <conversion units="PSI" expr="(25*x)-12.50" format="0.00" />

* * * * * * * * * * </conversions>

Here is the code I used, let me know if something is wrong. I had my egt sensor hooked up to this tgv before and it worked fine.

I did some math and it seems that the sensor is outputting 115v at idle.

I also used my peak value to calculate the actual psi, and peak pressure is 63.5 psi at 18 pounds of boost. Which is plus 20 psi from base fuel pressure, so it seems like the fpr is doing its job. I haven't had the lean issue occur yet since the re wire.

I think you need to use "x/50" for the tgv locations. So your formula would end up as 0.5x-12.5.