LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Decided to drop the well liners and see how the back side looks, and found a bunch of small spots there. This wagon's worth saving.

*twitch*

Oh jeez. I should probably do that before winter. There's a lot more rusty cars out here than I saw in Salt Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soooo, who would that person sell the metals to once they've refined it in their own garage?

Same place, in theory you’d just get more money for refined or partially refined material vs. handing them your whole cat or even just the honeycomb, in practice you might actually get less since a recycler can’t actual tell what you are handing them unless they can visually identify that it came from a cat.

Edit: if you can prove what you are giving them, they should give you a better price. Like give them the refining process and after they have had some shipments tested well (recyclers just resell this stuff too), and you establish a relationship with them, they will trust what they are getting from you.

Edited by lagwagon

They friggin fit TL projectors in there!! Maybe I won't do the mini h1 easy kit. I didn't figure they'd fit. That looks really good. Interested in what you think of the demon eyes. I'd like to do some but have seen mixed reviews of how brightly they appear irl.

Yup, they a made a custom bracket for the projectors and made it happen. We'll see on the demon eyes, I don't plan on using them when driving the car so if they're not that bright I won't really mind. I wanted them more for the stealthy custom touch that can be turned on to show the car off the little from time to time but overall fly under the radar.

Installed some Redline Goods - cover for extended armrest and e-brake boot. Their black leather with dark-red stitching matches the DAMD wheel perfectly. Very happy with the quality of these pieces and it was a lot easier to do than expected. I used 3M Hi-Strength 90 spray adhesive for reference. It isn't too forgiving once contact is made but it is very easy to clean off the leather from any overspray once complete. Seems to work well for this application

IMG_5861.thumb.jpg.4b187537867d2790292e178fc717622c.jpg

IMG_5866.thumb.jpg.a3782f73f184839198860fc1164f12bd.jpg

I also have a DAMD wheel I need to cover - did you remove the old leather? I've been looking up upholstery shops in Mexico to have mine done.

DAMD wheel still has the original leather. It's less than 2 years old and holding up well. I left the old cover on the center console lid.

Booze my bracket was also broken in two pieces but the new adhesive coupled with the thicker leather stiffened everything up and locked it in pretty good. I was looking on eBay for replacement boots w/brackets but they're running $40-$70. Decided to take a chance using the old bracket and it worked fine. Depending on how yours is broken it may still work. Mine was broken at the top "ring" portion where the 3 tabs are

Not what I did but I had my local shop install new upper control arms, just Mevotech from Rock Auto. They made a massive difference to ride quality and noise.

Also, quick question about the whiteline bushings for the upper arms - does the stock steel sleeve have to come out or is this just a burn out, wire wheel and push in the new bushings?

Also, quick question about the whiteline bushings for the upper arms - does the stock steel sleeve have to come out or is this just a burn out, wire wheel and push in the new bushings?

The "outer race" of the original bushing does need to come out. So you could do it with the burn out + saw-off method. You'll still want at least a bench vice to press in the new WL bushings.

After work today I plan to plug the hole in RE-71 with the hole in it, and replace the two small elbow lines from the water pump. Maybe take it out for a spin since it's been a while!

you dam right !

You're damn right, that he's damn right, about him being damn right

side note, I've gone down the rabbit hole while working on motorized side view mirrors, and my quest to have no basic blank buttons in the car

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Started the wagon today...for the first time since last Friday. This retirement thing is pretty relaxing.

Had to go get a haircut, that was a 1 mile drive. Then it was off to Lowe's to return things I didn't need from a home project. The drive to Lowe's is 10 miles highway. I'm still big on driving the cars for long distances when ever possible.

I did drive the Spec last weekend as it's mainly the Saturday night/weekend car.

Today was the first time I left the house since last Sunday.

Last week was a little different, was busy most day's.

I did pick up two can's of Berryman B-12 Chemtool FI cleaner at walmart, $2.97 a can. It's something I do once a year about this time of year lately.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Anyone ever see this video?

I feel I'm missing a lot without speaking Japanese.

- What tires were on the MT wagon?

- Was the MT driver going that much harder than the RS6?

- What happened to the BMW and Honda?

I have no idea how the Legacy stayed ahead. Just weighs less and the track not large enough for the Audi to pass on the straights? It seemed the Legacy was able to get out of the hairpin quicker too. Still, Audi has what, 200 more hp? An RS anything is not something I wish to line up against during a daily drive. Also I don't drive my wagon anywhere near that hard, like ever. :lol:

I have no idea how the Legacy stayed ahead. Just weighs less and the track not large enough for the Audi to pass on the straights? It seemed the Legacy was able to get out of the hairpin quicker too. Still, Audi has what, 200 more hp? An RS anything is not something I wish to line up against during a daily drive. Also I don't drive my wagon anywhere near that hard, like ever. :lol:

So many questions! I give massive credit to the driving style in the subies (full thrashing 4 wheel skids). The Audi does weigh 4000+ lbs, so IDK if the extra 200 horse is good for that plus the auto trans.

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

So many questions! I give massive credit to the driving style in the subies (full thrashing 4 wheel skids). The Audi does weigh 4000+ lbs, so IDK if the extra 200 horse is good for that plus the auto trans.

And if they're throwing the RS6 in there, why just the T5 V70? Why not the V70R?

A wagon on track takes alot to corner but once you get used to it, they are very good. Notice the body roll gets more consistent in later laps as the driver doesn't lift when the tail gets loose. Once the corner starts, you can can keep adding throttle all the way through the corner.

Passing a car on the straight is much harder than you think. The legacy was accelerating sooner and pulling the Audi on nearly every exit.

Once the legacy is heeled over on the bumpstops, its a go kart.

One of the original race wagon videos right after Phoenix built it -

Notice the wagon moving around.

2011 - slaughtering my snow tires at an autocross. Fully zoomed in, the passenger rear tire is off the ground.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=5621&d=1328695147

Edited by boxkita