LegacyGT.com

Official: Colorado Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys I recently had someone hit my 2005 Legacy GT wagon and the Insurance Company is totaling it....

I have a bunch of parts if anyone knows of someone looking for parts?? Most of the Mods were done early on some most of the parts are a few years old BUT in excellent condition

Prodrive GC-010 British Black 18x7.5 wheels with Continental Control Contact 225/40 18 Tires --SOLD--

Cobb Accessport OG V.1

ZeroSports air intake --SOLD--

ZeroSports radiator schroud --SOLD--

ZeroSports air deflector --SOLD--

GFB blowoff valve --SOLD--

STi engine strut brace -legit straight from Japan- --SOLD--

ProSport turbo gauge with custom carbon mount for dash cubby

Stock wagon tail lights

Stock brake rotors front and rear -they have about 1,000 miles on them

Stock brake pads front and rear -they have about 1,000 miles on them

Stock exhaust -y pipe from downpipes to mufflers

Stock Intercooler

Stock floor mats front and rear -black -MINT- --SOLD--

Subaru all weather rubber mats front and rear -black --SOLD--

Rear cargo tray -MINT-

Stock engine cover -MINT-

Also have a set of 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx black 18x7.5 5x114.3 wheels with Yokohama tires that have 100 miles on them

Everything is in great shape and all the stock parts have about 2,800 miles on them. I did most of the mods to my car early on and even though it was 15 1/2 years old it only had 122,000 miles

Edited by Jonny Bradtmueller

Hey guys I recently had someone hit my 2005 Legacy GT wagon and the Insurance Company is totaling it....

I have a bunch of parts if anyone knows of someone looking for parts??

Prodrive GC-010 British Black 18x7.5 wheels with Continental Control Contact 225/40 18 Tires

Cobb Accessport

STi titanium shift knob

ZeroSports air intake

ZeroSports radiator schroud

ZerSports air deflector

GFB blowoff valve

STi engine strut

ProSport turbo gauge with custom carbon mount for dash cubby

Stock wagon tail lights

Stock rotors and stock pads front and rear -they have about 1,000 miles on them

Stock exhaust -y pipe from downpipes to mufflers

Stock Intercooler

Stock floor mats front and rear -MINT-

Subaru all weather rubber mats front and rear

Rear cargo mat -mint-

Also have a set of 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx black 18" wheels with Yokohama tires that have 100 miles on them

Everything is in great shape and all the stock parts have about 2,800 miles on them. I did most of the mods to my car early on and even though it was 15 1/2 years old it only had 122,000 miles

PM'ed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
For all you non-Facebookers there is a Legacy meet this Sunday 8/9/2020 at 11:00am. The location is the Wooley Mammoth Park n Ride in Morrison. 18560 US HWY 40 Golden, CO 80401. There will be a cruise afterwards which I will not attend but I'll be there for the meet. Hope to see you there.

• 1 year later...
Again, for all you non-Facebookers, there is a Legacy mini meet this Saturday (8-14-2021) at 10:00am at the Wooley Mammoth Park n Ride. 18560 US-40, Golden, CO 80401. Hope to see you there!

• 3 months later...

My 08 Spec B just blew its second turbo.

It's currently at the shop in Breckenridge. They quoted my $3900 for a new turbo, but I'm not sure how damaged the engine is. It was also down about 2 qts of oil.

The shop is offering $2k to buy it from me as-is. It's in decent shape, and I was planning to sell it in the next year or two anyway.

Any opinions?

The shop wants your Spec B...

You may likely need a new engine, but it depends how it "blew" the turbo.

I wouldn't sell it to the shop unless you just don't want to deal with it anymore and are ok with them manipulating the quote to try to buy the car.

They gave me the quote for the turbo before I asked about selling it to them. They seem like decent guys and I don't think they're trying to rip me off.

I believe the turbo died from oil starvation. That's what happened last time and it seems to be a common issue with these engines.

They also suggested a JDM 2.0 L engine swap as an option.

Mostly, I'm wondering if $2000 seems like a reasonable offer for a Spec B that doesn't run. I'm leaning towards unloading it one way or another rather than fixing it.

They gave me the quote for the turbo before I asked about selling it to them. They seem like decent guys and I don't think they're trying to rip me off.

I believe the turbo died from oil starvation. That's what happened last time and it seems to be a common issue with these engines.

They also suggested a JDM 2.0 L engine swap as an option.

Mostly, I'm wondering if $2000 seems like a reasonable offer for a Spec B that doesn't run. I'm leaning towards unloading it one way or another rather than fixing it.

Bro post pics and info(year, mileage, title status, rust status) please? May be interested with better than $2k offer

It's a 2008

Clean title

134000 miles

Interior is in good shape

Transmission (6 spd) is great

All stock

I've owned it since 2013/40,000 miles. It was in one very slow speed snow slide that cracked the front bumper. That was replaced. It was sideswiped in the parking lot at work several years ago. For that, they replaced the driver side door. I also hit a curb once and had to replace a wheel and lower control arm.

Rear shocks were recently replaced. One of them was blown.

Exterior is mostly good, but the paint on the roof is coming up a bit and there are some signs of rust there. There is also a chip around the windshield with some minor rust. That's all that I'm aware of.

Left mirror housing is cracked from backing into a garage. I have a replacement part for that, I just never got around to installing it.

It's currently sitting on a set of 17" Sparco Asseto Garas in gray with Blizzak WS80s. Those tires are still good.

I also have the stock wheels. They're in ok condition over all. I forget what tires are on there, but I think they're towards the end of their life.

New battery a year ago.

I don't have recent pictures. I'll try to get some tomorrow.

Trying to be as up-front as possible because I don't want to waste anybody's time including my own.

I’ll give you $3k for it…

I'll either come get it and trailer it to TN or have a shipping company pick it up.

I've got 6wks before I have to start teaching classes again... 6mt project (and a bunch of other stuff).

But someone on here can likely outbid me :-P

Edited by Infosecdad

Looks like they are somewhat thorough (oil cooler, pump, etc?) but the 2qts low and unknown engine wear/damage is the big ???? What did the turbo do when it failed? How much metal distribution occurred? This is the start of the money tree going bare to fix this right. If you love the car and are into it, go for it. If not, get some ching for it and let another enthusiast have their way with it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

At this point I'm pretty set on selling it. The shop upped their offer to $2500. With the $250 I would owe them if I sell to someone else, their offer is worth $2750 to me. They would also make it pretty convenient.

I took some pictures, but I can't get them it keeps saying "Upload of the file failed". I think they're within the allowed specs.

Am I allowed to post pictured somewhere else and link to them? Like a facebook ad or something?