LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

90d2d9dc91ac42174c7b6cddcca7d328.jpg

Mr postman brought be something [emoji1].

Question, is it better to use the supplied washer, or a new Subaru crush washer?

I've used the supplied washer with every one I've installed, and even swapped one to a different Subaru reusing the original washer, and no leaking issues at all.

Also be sure to cut a pair of crossed slots in the threaded end (think GTEASER has a guide somewhere) in order to let all the oil out- the threaded end sticks up a little higher than the bottom of the inside of the oil pan, so it'll trap the last bit of oil and any chunks or glitter or whatever else may want to come out with it.

Also be sure to cut a pair of crossed slots in the threaded end (think GTEASER has a guide somewhere) in order to let all the oil out- the threaded end sticks up a little higher than the bottom of the inside of the oil pan, so it'll trap the last bit of oil and any chunks or glitter or whatever else may want to come out with it.

I was thinking of doing that. We have a machine shop at work that could knock that out.

I was thinking of doing that. We have a machine shop at work that could knock that out.
My post in at the beginning of the Performance Mods Sticky. You don't need a machine shop, just a cutoff wheel, a triangle file and 10 minutes of your time. Edited by GTEASER

If you can find a manual 4G Outback or 5G Legacy at a salvage yard there is one easily accessible in the engine room along the firewall. Can probably get it for $10.

Finding one of those in KC is going to be pretty hard. I may just have to bite the bullet and get a new one.

Edit: Went ahead and ordered the part. Olathe Subaru said there were only 14 available in the whole country.

Also, there is a 2013 Outback at the Truman Rd. Pick-n-Pull for any of the KC guys.

Edited by Falcor

Yes sir, its an AVO DP!

The rest is a GS 3" to 2.5" adapter to connect to the OE exhaust, a GS EBCS and adapter, a GFB bypass valve, a Mishimoto adapter plate so I can hook up sensors for oil temp and pressure of the Reveltronics UTComp Pro multiguage, OE Tokyo Roki oil filter, and an STI thermostat and thermostat housing gasket.

Nice to hear the AVO dp will give faster spool too!

Yes sir, its an AVO DP!

The rest is a GS 3" to 2.5" adapter to connect to the OE exhaust, a GS EBCS and adapter, a GFB bypass valve, a Mishimoto adapter plate so I can hook up sensors for oil temp and pressure of the Reveltronics UTComp Pro multiguage, OE Tokyo Roki oil filter, and an STI thermostat and thermostat housing gasket.

Nice to hear the AVO dp will give faster spool too!

Relevant -> https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/avo-dp-install-fitment-233597.html