LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

The master cylinder brace can give you just as much if not more benefit than SS brake lines and with no risk of brake like failure. I am not sure is OEM or SS are more prone to failure but I assume people have had issues with SS because of improper installation.

But seriously, find the money for that brace because after this run you'll only be able to get them used or off a wrecked modded Legacy. :(

I still have the Goodridge lines sitting in my garage. I haven't messed with them yet because I'm kinda afraid. Whatever coating they spray underneath got up on at least one of the line connections. Don't really feel like messing with it atm. I do need to get my brake fluid flushed though.

I have that MCB too that AARon is talking about. I'm pretty content with my brake feel.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

I did actually contact Luis before the group buy started, and almost got one made, but logistics did not let the deal push through.

I was getting these to improve brakes till I got Brembos on. When it didnt push through, I got Brembos instead lol!

Then I thought I need to put some more power behind these brakes so I got stage 2 parts. An AVO downpipe, Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS, and GFB bypass valve.

Now with those mods I need to monitor the motor so I got a Utcomp Pro multi gauge with sensors for oil pressure and temperature and boost.

Then a good deal came up on a Racer X TMIC and I had to get that of course!

All within 3 months I think lol!

So I really can't get the brace now, but it's still on the list to look into and I may get something fabbed up later.

• 2 weeks later...
Scored the Cusco Front Member Braces, Rear Member Brace, and Rear Side Member Braces for 5000 Y on Yahoo.jp auctions (about $45). :D I'll need to get new hardware for the side braces, but even after shipping, all of those together will be less than one of them new, so I'm still in the green.

Scored the Cusco Front Member Braces, Rear Member Brace, and Rear Side Member Braces for 5000 Y on Yahoo.jp auctions (about $45). :D I'll need to get new hardware for the side braces, but even after shipping, all of those together will be less than one of them new, so I'm still in the green.

Ooooh, score!

The Ts stiffeners for our Legacies go for $$$, so I think thats a really good buy.

I've been drooling over stuff there for a while, thank god for google translate! How do you order from there?

...nothing yet, but after this weekend I'm in the market for a new clutch. I want to go w/the South Bend Stage 2 Daily, but the ACT SB5-HDSS is rated to hold more torque and should be available locally (my car isn't currently drivable). Guess I'll make a few calls today and see what's what.

Ooooh, score!

The Ts stiffeners for our Legacies go for $$$, so I think thats a really good buy.

I've been drooling over stuff there for a while, thank god for google translate! How do you order from there?

I used MyJapanBrand as a buying service for them. Makes it way easier, reasonably priced, and they handle shipping and everything for you. Check out their site for full detail on the process but AWESOME, NOW I'M GONNA HAVE ANOTHER 5TH GEN PERSON COMPETING FOR STUFF. :mad::lol:

I used MyJapanBrand as a buying service for them. Makes it way easier, reasonably priced, and they handle shipping and everything for you. Check out their site for full detail on the process but AWESOME, NOW I'M GONNA HAVE ANOTHER 5TH GEN PERSON COMPETING FOR STUFF. :mad::lol:

If you had the money your car would be full on JDM at this point..lol

Thanks for the lead, Humble! I got to talking to someone here, he used Buyee for his stuff.

Dont worry, with so many things to fix on my car, I won't have money for anything else for a loooong time! :mad::lol: