LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Well, I’m at the point where I think I’m looking to trade/sell. Not that I really WANT to, but I think from a value proposition it makes the most sense to let it go this summer while values are still pretty good and before it turns into a rust bucket.

What are people getting on trade? I got a dealer a couple hours away offer me 6-7 sight unseen in trade for a WRX at invoice. KBB and Edmunds are saying around $5800 and NADA is saying $9,900 That’s a big difference.

I could go several ways. Private sale as is, dealer trade and remove/sell the small number of goodies I have, or just let it go as is to a dealer.

I’ve got the following:

-2010 LGT Limited w/ moonroof, @ 125,000 miles, Average to good condition

-Factory STS, Perin shifter bushing, Clutch damper delete

-SS Brake Lines, cryogenic rotors up front, Hawk HPS pads all around

-Mach 2 BPV, COBB Stage 1 OTS

-Koni yellow adjustable struts, Eibach 1” lowering springs, 20mm WRX rear sway bar

-A brand spanking new set of BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S tires

-A set of Cooper Weather Master 215/50-17 tires on cheap aluminum rims

Throw on the cheap Cooper's and take off your konies before trade in. Recoop some costs back right there. List it for 12 private party and see what happens before jumping straight to trading it in. Wrx's aren't going anywhere so don't feel that's the only one you can buy. Honestly though what's the point of going to a wrx though? You have more options and amenities.

I would say if you are going to trade it in, take it back to stock as much as possible, and sell the aftermarket parts here or on Craigslist. The dealer is not really going to care about that stuff (unfortunately). Unless you sell private party, which someone may appreciate all the mods.

Having sold my 2.5i and pulling the aftermarket parts off. Pull the Cobb, STS, and keep one of the set of wheel to sell. It was questionable on whether or not it was worth the effort of removing my Koni's/Eibach's (My stock struts were worn out, so I need new struts) It was a lot work R& R the suspension plus I needed spend money on an alignment.

Everything is up in the air, no decisions are made.

The problem with the Koni's is that I hacked apart my original struts so I'd have to sell them and basically do an exchange with the seller. Can be done but kind of a PITA.

The WRX is a performance per $ leader in AWD sedans, that's why it's on the list. It's just smaller than what I'd like.

The A4 is no larger than the WRX (back seat wise) at least on paper.

Going to test drive a Stinger GT tomorrow night. A bit more than I was hoping to spend there. So that will likely all come down to how much I can get out of my car.

A buddy saw this “GT” yesterday in the Olathe area. Kinda looks like Carp’s car with a rack on it.

118249bad8737ee7f958c32be3dba20b.jpg

Edit: Actually, I just checked out pics of his car, and it has the rack. I think it's his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Falcor

Talk to me about water/meth injection... Anyone running it?.. I'm looking into vs e85, which is not readily available, also it's winter (0 below) for about 6 months.

nevermind.. found several threads.. specifically

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/water-cooling-injection-methods-meth-256688p2.html

fahr_side's build thread (link in his sig) goes into a little more detail about how he wired up his setup, could be worth eyeballing that as well. I'm thinking pretty hard about going this route eventually, regardless of what turbo I decide I want to run (stock vs. upgraded), if I ever decide...

No offense intended but I miss the days when our little corner of the forum seemed to be more "happening." A couple years ago it seemed like a lot more folks were trying different mods and discovering different things but, it may just be me, it seems like we (including myself, of course) have gone a little stale. (note: GT's fog light discovery notwithstanding)

Most of the discovering has been done for what works from other(s) Subarus. Now we're at the point if you're not doing something extreme like a new turbo manifold, trans swap, wild show stopper like Ken's car or a custom conversion of some type, There's not a whole lot anyone can do if they aren't prepared to drop some coin.

I never posted a ton here because I never had the intention to go all in on the mods but I've been a member since early '10 when I bought the car. It was always fun to watch the activity and ingenuity of people finding parts that work, reaching out to manufacturers, etc.

Since the purchase of my Stinger I'm of course reviewing the Stinger forums and it very much reminds me of the earlier years here. Lots of discovery (good and bad) and vendors coming in with aftermarket parts. It's exciting.

Miss the MT though...

Now it's just new guys like me picking up the GT for a decent used turbo option and we are coming in asking the same questions you all had 8 years ago.

I search most everything I need to know, but sometimes it's nice to have a conversation with someone who has been through it before.

Thanks, I appreciate you all and your knowledge!:)

Now it's just new guys like me picking up the GT for a decent used turbo option and we are coming in asking the same questions you all had 8 years ago.

I search most everything I need to know, but sometimes it's nice to have a conversation with someone who has been through it before.

Thanks, I appreciate you all and your knowledge!:)

Yep, you guys are the ones keeping this interesting. Love hearing about folks starting to mod!

https://tougetuning.com/shop/iag-braided-fuel-line-fitting-kit-for-iag-top-feed-fuel-rails-oem-fpr-2007-2012-subaru-legacy-gt/

IAG Braided Fuel Line & Fitting Kit For IAG Top Feed Fuel Rails & OEM FPR – 2007-2012 Subaru Legacy GT

SKU: IAG-AFD-2200/IAG-AFD-2002

https://tougetuning.com/shop/iag-v2-top-feed-fuel-rails-2007-2012-subaru-legacy-gt/?attribute_pa_colour=gold&attribute_pa_fuel-pulse-dampers=no

IAG V2 Top Feed Fuel Rails – 2007-2012 Subaru Legacy GT

SKU: IAG-AFD-2101X

https://tougetuning.com/shop/iag-cnc-top-feed-tgv-deletes-2008-2012-subaru-legacy-gt/?attribute_pa_phenolic-spacers=no&attribute_pa_finish=gold

IAG CNC Top Feed TGV Deletes – 2008-2012 Subaru Legacy GT

SKU: IAG-AFD-3001X

does that look right? with 1000cc injectors?

if i'm going to be installing these, what would you guys suggest at the same time? Basically if I'm going to pay someone to go that deep, what else should I be thinking of? Headgasket?

Edited by SpidermanMTL
fixed links