LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

I've only seen a handful of LGT sedans and just saw another wagon for the first time a few weeks ago in Willoughby. I'm in Cleveland Heights near Warrensville and Mayfield. Plan on keeping mine as long as it's feasible.. As rusty as she is

LOl I'm by Monticello Middle school and still don't spot you. there was a WRB WRX that used to take a shortcut by me to avoid the school traffic. I never knew who the guy was until I needed to diagnose the dead Legacy. It will be spring until that thing is spotted, but the bright red Honda you can't miss.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine'll be up for sale in the spring if anyone's looking... KW coils, tons of Whiteline and AVO suspension bits, custom Corsa exhaust, Accessport, and Advan wheels included...

You have a Corsa exhaust? I bet that sounds awesome! I had the opportunity to tour their factory back in 2002 and my brother had one on a Camaro SS. Sounded Mean on it!

You have a Corsa exhaust? I bet that sounds awesome! I had the opportunity to tour their factory back in 2002 and my brother had one on a Camaro SS. Sounded Mean on it!

I'm one of the exhaust engineers at Corsa... coming up on my five year anniversary in a couple months. It's actually an STI sedan prototype that I saved from the scrap bin and hack-n-wacked after hours to make it fit.

Shameless (very flexible on price) plug for the locals: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-cleveland-oh-2006-legacy-gt-limited-gauging-interesti-259866.html

Indeed. I've never been to the shops, but I've only ever heard good things about Moore Performance and meeting Ryan he seems like a solid owner. I don't know if they do the tuning there though, I thought they sent it out to Innovative in Buffalo.

In fact, lots of people around here are tuned at TPG in Blairsville, which is out my way 35 miles east of Pittsburgh.

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic, but I have a question for my fellow Ohioans: Anyone ever get pulled over/ticketed for having JDM tail lights and/or cleared headlights? Inspection issues?

Reason I ask is I just installed the JDM rev d-f tails (look AMAZING) and, even though I knew they didn't have the use of the third bulb, it wasn't till I tested them I realized I'd be invisible from the rear at night (dummy me). I'd planned on clearing the headlights soon but now I'm hesitant to have too many ticks against me if a cop pulls me over and knows what he's looking at. I'm also concerned about the safety of others driving at night. I guess it's just the risk you take and something always in the back of your head? Also gotta think about the upcoming inspection this summer.

In Heights, a looooooong time ago - c. 2004-ish. A classmate of mine (no, not young, young-ish, this was med school) was ticketed for his "clear tails."

One of my attendings was actually pulled over for the factory tail-lights on her '04 Lexus RX. Also in Cleveland Heights.

In Cleveland Heights, it's always a risk, particularly if your vehicle fits a certain profile.

I had oval-cutout smoked overlays on my '05 LGT, which did not have tinted windows (which they also love to bust you for, in Cleveland Heights - I can't count the number of my friends who have been harassed for it here, over the years), but was never bothered.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Yeah that's kinda why I asked. I live in the heart of the heights and can't drive anywhere without passing a handful of cops. I've never been bothered in the year I've had my muffler delete axle back (surprisingly) but I don't want to push my luck too much. I'm planning on getting tint this summer.. May rethink the 20% all around.. Luckily I doubt many cops think twice about my granny wagon being what it is

...JDM tails don't have parking lights for driving at night? Why would anyone want those?

It's like when people nightshade their tail lights to the point that they're opaque and say they're safe because they haven't been rear ended... yet. A risk I wouldn't want to take.

You sure there's no way to wire up so you have parking lights in the rear like the USDM lights?

I'm really hoping it's just user error and I messed something up on the install. I agree, I can't see myself keeping these if they don't having running lights. I have the JDM wire harnesses, just didn't have the patience to swap them as the sun was going down last night. Gonna reach out to some of the guys on here that have them and hopefully they can confirm they should have running lights. I'll just throw the USDM ones back on till then

In Heights, a looooooong time ago - c. 2004-ish. A classmate of mine (no, not young, young-ish, this was med school) was ticketed for his "clear tails."

One of my attendings was actually pulled over for the factory tail-lights on her '04 Lexus RX. Also in Cleveland Heights.

In Cleveland Heights, it's always a risk, particularly if your vehicle fits a certain profile.

I had oval-cutout smoked overlays on my '05 LGT, which did not have tinted windows (which they also love to bust you for, in Cleveland Heights - I can't count the number of my friends who have been harassed for it here, over the years), but was never bothered.

Yeah I live in the Heights, they are the same way still. Solon and Bentleyville are usually who I get pulled over by the most for random reasons. It literally seems like they pick the very day I have all my guns and lots of ammo for range day. I usually toss my gun in the glovebox and have my CHL card out with the other stuff in a generic auto wallet.

Yeah I live in the Heights, they are the same way still. Solon and Bentleyville are usually who I get pulled over by the most for random reasons. It literally seems like they pick the very day I have all my guns and lots of ammo for range day. I usually toss my gun in the glovebox and have my CHL card out with the other stuff in a generic auto wallet.

Good tip. My CHL is actually in the mail and I was going to start carrying when I get it.

[Edited] NVM - you've got a wagon, not a sedan! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

[Edited] NVM - you've got a wagon, not a sedan! :)

Anyone wanna buy an LGT Cobb SF intake without box? Would deliver for $100 to anyone Cleveland local

Wish I could help, I already got the GS one with the 3 port EBCS in the last Group Buy.

Good tip. My CHL is actually in the mail and I was going to start carrying when I get it.

A lot of people say you should openly say you have a gun/weapon, you are better off just handing over the card with your license the second they walk up. it should come up with your tags but having the card pretty much implies it's in the car right now. Both hands in plain sight is also something you want to do, CHPD body cameras are almost never on for those who carry them. For a traffic stop I'd asume you would think it's on. The last time I got pulled over the Bentleyville cop drove clear past their City Hall and almost into Chagrin Falls before pulling me over. Solon is kinda the same with forever follows before pulling you over.

Have you been to this thread yet?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-firearm-thread-v3-256237.html

Edited by Merc6