LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Lighting Threads

Excited to post it! They look even better in person

Dealer Locator Tool

Thank you!

Nick C.

You know what would be really nice...?

If you guys at DD bought a couple sets of both halogen and HID oem lights, installed this new upgrade, then offered them for sale to forum members. You could have a "core charge" to ensure the stock lights are returned, with value determined by lens condition. Once received, you simply fit the system into the returned lights and repeat the cycle.

I bet this would significant increase sales, both here and on the Outback forum. Many of us would love these lights, but can't be without the car long enough to do the mod.

If you do it, I call dibs on the first set. :)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys at DD bought a couple sets of both halogen and HID oem lights, installed this new upgrade, then offered them for sale to forum members. You could have a "core charge" to ensure the stock lights are returned, with value determined by lens condition. Once received, you simply fit the system into the returned lights and repeat the cycle.

I bet this would significant increase sales, both here and on the Outback forum. Many of us would love these lights, but can't be without the car long enough to do the mod.

Wonderful Idea!!

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

We have authorized dealers all over the world who provide installation services and mail-in options: Dealer Locator Tool

Nick C.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

We have authorized dealers all over the world who provide installation services and mail-in options: Dealer Locator Tool

Nick C.

Not sure... But in my area the "Dealers" seem a bit sketchy... One of them hasn't updated their website since 2013. I'd be in but I'm not in a position to have the car down for a week or more.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

We are filming the 6th Gen Legacy C-Light video this afternoon

Here's a teaser from RetroShop: Instagram C-Light Post

They look incredible and we are excited to launch this product for 6th Gen Legacy owners

#USAmade

Nick C.

So these are going to be a full headlamp replacement? Any word on pricing yet?

Not sure... But in my area the "Dealers" seem a bit sketchy... One of them hasn't updated their website since 2013. I'd be in but I'm not in a position to have the car down for a week or more.

My buddy will be doing mine for me with the demon eyes at the same time. Total downtime will be 4-6 hours.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So these are going to be a full headlamp replacement? Any word on pricing yet?

The C-Light upgrade is a CAD-designed, custom-fit board specifically for the OEM headlights. Similar to what we offer for the 2015+ WRX/STI shown here: 2015-2017 Subaru WRX/STi C-Light Switchback LED Boards

Expect pricing to be similar to this listing as well

We will have a thread available with more information when the product is launched

Thank you!

Nick C.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

• 4 weeks later...

Just recently emailed them, timeline I was given was first half of 2017.

The more time it takes the more money I have to save up for other headlight mods to do while they're opened up. Like bi-xenon projectors. Because triple high beams (stock + Hellas + bi-xenons) is appealing to me:lol:

I've been talking to my local diode dynamics distributor and his experience has been that things always take longer than expected. I wouldn't be surprised if these C lights weren't released until second half 2017.

Although they'll probably sell 40-50 sets to members on here, there's probably a smaller market for these than say a kit for the new Miata or updated BRZ/86. So I'd expect the R&D effort on the Legacy to get bumped for higher volume sellers.

Though I'd like to be proven wrong :D

Hey at least they are coming out; id prefer a product that is flawless compared to one that is rushed. Install of these is gonna be a pretty penny so I'd rather them last.

Added bonus is that these are actually coming! Never though a company would invest the time and I am esthetic that DD took the time to actually do this.

Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^I too was surprised that they were actually doing it, given that the mod market for our cars is significantly less than that of the WRX.

Now we need to find somebody to actually make the front lip and maybe a spoiler too:lol: