LegacyGT.com

Cabin Noise and Squeakiness

Hey Guys & Gals,

Any of you have a cabin squeakiness, while driving over uneven road, possibly a combination of winter wonderland and the cold. It is not as pronounced in the summer time.

I thought I had read something around this in the forum but could not find the thread and if there was a simple fix.

Any suggestions .. I can't seem to pin point it

Thanks

Is it coming from your driver seat by chance? I definitely had an issue with that when I first got the car. I laid the seat all the way back and squirted some WD40 in the joints near my right hip and it seems to have quelled it. Might be something to check.

Is it coming from your driver seat by chance? I definitely had an issue with that when I first got the car. I laid the seat all the way back and squirted some WD40 in the joints near my right hip and it seems to have quelled it. Might be something to check.

Potentially, I will give it a go... thanks for sharing

My suspension gets creaky when it's single-digit temperatures or less.

thanks for the suggest lol I only lol because I had that issue too with the front struts but since I have been rolling on tarmac zeros issue gone, joking aside those shocks are pretty good even in the bitter cold

check for ice on your cowl, it likes to squeak and crack when it is cold outside. I also have a screech from my rear suspension when cold, I will address it in the spring time.

Exactly the issue I had this morning. I thought it was the dash that was creaking up by the windshield. Makes sense now because this morning it was 18 degrees and the hood and roof had a thin layer of ice.

• 4 weeks later...

When I swapped in my Nameless DP the bolt that holds the intermediate pipe cross threaded so i tightened it as best I could and left it. Months later I hear this chattering at random times from under my car. Already knowing I need to change my clutch I decide to push it up sooner than anticipated as this noise is getting worse and worse and I am assuming it is my throw out bearing (well known issue). So I change the clutch out on the weekend, install a TSK kit and on the test drive everything is great, no noise at all.

Day goes by and the noise comes right back full force...annoyed I get under the car and start investigating I just happen to grab the intermediate pipe and jiggle it, bam noise is being caused by the cross threaded bolt that didn't seat right...I replace it with a 1/4" bolt and nut and haven't had an issue since.

I found my sunglasses rattle and the passenger side slide out sun visor rattle unless its pulled out a bit. I can't hear much else as my youngest sons car seat rattles like chitty chitty bang bang. Speaking of car seats, if you have one with the strap that runs to the upper deck lid mount and the cover is resting on the latch it will rattle. We have studded snow tire pocked roads here that will make titties jiggle.

Archived