Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly like my first wagon. Hoping to get pictures out of the dealer.

If I can get it shipped to my house for that price or a little lower I may be back in the wagon game. And sleeping in the spare bedroom because my wife will want to murder me.

I could suck start a snow blower.

I have a friend selling his 05 GT wagon manual. Silver, black interior, ltd. Like 130k miles.

Although it does need a turbo soon, it has a BNR 16g with a little bit of shaft play, also has an accessport v2. Needs the airbag recall done too. He wants 6k for it.

It'd need a painted rear bumper if you care about a scuff on the rear end too.

Got pics from the dealer. It's modded. Looks like it was stancedarded pretty hard but I may still see about getting it. Has a dent in the rear bumper, fender looks like the lip got pulled out by tire rub, some scuffs and the interior is gross. Also has high miles.

However it is the exact color I'm looking for...

I'm waiting to hear back from him. I'm not sure if anything mechanically is wrong with it. BK is a very throughout shop and nitpicks things to get more money out of you so I'm sure there will be a handful of things that probably could be done on your own. I'll see what he says about the engine holding up since it sounds like the trans is still pretty fresh.

• 1 month later...
Rear wiper died today, praying it's not going to be the damn faulty wiring loom that feeds into the hatch... Anybody mess with this? Chad you had this issue with your wagons?

same issue I had on my wagon when I first bought it , I replaced the motor first , but still nothing , and I looked back into the records the car came with and apparently it was diagnosed as a bad harness some years before, but never replaced cause 3rd party warranty wouldn't pay for it. Replaced that and its right as rain

Either way , it was surprisingly easy to replace both items, although I couldn't tell ya how to figure out which one it is .

I'm waiting to hear back from him. I'm not sure if anything mechanically is wrong with it. BK is a very throughout shop and nitpicks things to get more money out of you so I'm sure there will be a handful of things that probably could be done on your own. I'll see what he says about the engine holding up since it sounds like the trans is still pretty fresh.

guessing that didn't go anywhere?

Rear wiper died today, praying it's not going to be the damn faulty wiring loom that feeds into the hatch... Anybody mess with this? Chad you had this issue with your wagons?

You probably have one or two wires that are pinched. I also had to fix that. Just pull the wiring boot between the hatch and body (upper right corner), and inspect each wire.

Haven’t had that problem yet. I do have a bunch of other problems, though: AC stopped working, driver side rear door won’t open, valve cover leaking oil.

I just replaced the struts and every exhaust gasket. Tired of fixing stuff so I dropped it off at the dealership for them to do since I had to take it down for the airbag recall anyway. I would like to keep this car forever.

Got me a Crosstrek with a six-speed manual for a loaner. I was hoping I’d like this car, but I don’t. It’s made entirely of plastic and can’t match the quality of my ‘98. And there’s absolutely no torque. But I do enjoy the Apple Carplay!

It’s begun, my inevitable search for another Spec.B. Willing to go all the way to NH for one if I have to. I was an idiot for selling. Haha.

I feel the sameway about the crosstrek Hops, really wanted to like it but it feels cheap and just not the rugged off road toy they try to market it as.

Haven’t had that problem yet. I do have a bunch of other problems, though: AC stopped working, driver side rear door won’t open, valve cover leaking oil.

I just replaced the struts and every exhaust gasket. Tired of fixing stuff so I dropped it off at the dealership for them to do since I had to take it down for the airbag recall anyway. I would like to keep this car forever.

Got me a Crosstrek with a six-speed manual for a loaner. I was hoping I’d like this car, but I don’t. It’s made entirely of plastic and can’t match the quality of my ‘98. And there’s absolutely no torque. But I do enjoy the Apple Carplay!

Lucky, I'm assuming it's pinched wires. I pulled the boot but couldn't see anything, I may have to cut it off. Next i'm going to check power to the wiper motor to see what's what before I really tear into that harness. My car has bad struts also, and my power steering is shot, and I have another wheel shake, bad exhaust leak. Too much stuff and not enough time to fix it doing full time school.

Lucky, I'm assuming it's pinched wires. I pulled the boot but couldn't see anything, I may have to cut it off. Next i'm going to check power to the wiper motor to see what's what before I really tear into that harness. My car has bad struts also, and my power steering is shot, and I have another wheel shake, bad exhaust leak. Too much stuff and not enough time to fix it doing full time school.

true that , I had a winter tire get a sidewall puncture and a brake line burst this winter, along with chasing a few high-mileage gremlins, its a love/hate relationship, but I "think" i'm making progress hah.