LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Where were you able to find black controls?

The part number is 72311AJ050. I think I searched the part number with the word "black" until I found one. Sometimes they are on ebay (like right now ->https://www.ebay.com/itm/72311AJ050-SUBARU-OUTBACK-2010-HEATER-AC-CONTROLS-5TH-GEN-09-09-11-1/333216120664).

I think I found mine on ebay.au (the Australia-centric version of eBay). I paid about $50.

Also, the Dual/Mode buttons are swapped with the Fan+/Fan- buttons (I presume for right hand drive vehicles). Frankly, I like the controls better on the RHD version but it is a minor difference.

If it's a 9/16" / 5/8" (or 14mm / 16mm) combo, I'd be willing to count it as both, but only if it comes with a tutorial on how to hook an open-end wrench through it for extra leverage.
It mostly gets used as a hammer. It's a multi-tool, lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oil change, front strut tower brace and 19mm rear sway bar.

oh my god what a difference. pretty sure 99% of the difference is from the rear sway bar, but holy crap is the car tightened up. really highlighted the issues with the rest of the worn suspension.

oil change, front strut tower brace and 19mm rear sway bar.

oh my god what a difference. pretty sure 99% of the difference is from the rear sway bar, but holy crap is the car tightened up. really highlighted the issues with the rest of the worn suspension.

Does your front strut brace have an Sti sticker? It was probably that you were feeling. :lol:

But seriously, yeah, upgraded rear sways are something else, I was grinning ear to ear after putting that on. :)

oh the little pink sticker and my very fake, very counterfeit STi oil cap are why the car makes 400 hp now. but yeah, i went around a couple off ramps that i normally go around, and the car felt much more planted and stable. i'm kicking myself i didn't do the sway bar sooner. game changer.

Changed oil, trans fluid and rear diff (Motul Gear 300). I decided to hold off on the coolant flush and brake fluid since it will need brakes in the spring anyway and it will need the timing belt service in just under 13k miles.

I also installed the replacement under engine cover. It is more flimsy than factory, but it works.

Went to move the Legacy and I notice the steering was very tight. Not sure if it was me since I did not drive the Legacy in 3+ month. Since now we use the SUV as a family vehicle. When I take it in to do the oil change I will check the Power steering fluid. I may end up flushing it.

Went to move the Legacy and I notice the steering was very tight. Not sure if it was me since I did not drive the Legacy in 3+ month. Since now we use the SUV as a family vehicle. When I take it in to do the oil change I will check the Power steering fluid. I may end up flushing it.

A bottle of ATF/Power Steering fluid is like 6 bucks from Subaru. I just filled my power steering up the other day cause it was a tad bit low.

taking over the maintenance of my brother's 2011 Legacy 2.5i. 141k miles of cheapest service available every time.

Needs

shock absorbers replaced,

all control arm bushings are torn,

timing belt needs replacing,

accessories drive belt needs replacing,

CVT transmission is acting up when warmed up,

driver's seat has no lumbar support (has 4 of those mesh things on it)

Any idea on fixing any of these?

found the seat fixes but not much else?

taking over the maintenance of my brother's 2011 Legacy 2.5i. 141k miles of cheapest service available every time.

Needs

The struts/shocks are pretty much standard fare. I would replace the front LCA. The suspension probably isn't much different than a 4th Gen.

Same goes for the timing belt. The 2.5i looks to be pretty easy and should be very similar to 4th Gen 2.5i.

The serpentine belt should just be a 14mm socket with breaker bar to remove the belt.

CVT, I am not sure. Perhaps try changing the fluid.

Needs

KYB Excel-G shocks and Mevotech complete LCA's from RockAuto will be the cheapest, but solid replacements. I would also recommend that you pick up a full set of new 13-14 Legacy OEM springs, the 10-12 springs are way too soft and the 13-14 are a solid upgrade while retaining stock ride height.

Timing belt is straight up standard EJ253 SOHC fare, easy. Replace the tensioner too. Do the water pump and thermostat at the same time, OEM, the aftermarket companies have been going cheaper and cheaper on the water pump bearings and they have been known to fail early at 40k miles.

Accessory drive belt is easy as mentioned above.