LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Wow, HKS still makes an exhaust for AE86? I had an 1985 Supra and I bought one of the last remaining HKS catback exhausts for it back in 1996 or so.

We got it about 4-5 years ago from Japan, from one of my suppliers that I deal with. We kept it inside the original box all this time and stored it safe.

Edited by amusa

Ran across these eyebrows today. I have a set of the CF eyebrows that I never installed (they have the smooth swoop). Of course, after all the work I did to the headlights I'm never covering them up now.

CF-LEGACY5-EBT_AE498CAD-600x400.jpg

https://www.extremespoiler.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=491

I'm kinda digging these!

Seriously. The black and red I have going on. This would look nice I think. I've never seen a legacy with lids, so I'm not sure if this would look tacky.

Some cars and designs can pull it off, then others can leave it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh shit, you're right. I hadn't noticed them.

Anyone with lids can you answer if they just stop at the hood line or have a downward curve to go under the hood to help mold to the headlights?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was on vacation last week in FL and ended up with a 2020 Legacy 2.5i Limited car rental. I ended up liking the car a lot. I put about 200 miles on it. The 1st thing that stuck out was the large center screen, but I quickly got used to it. The CVT was much better than I expected and I liked it a lot better than OB 2.5i 4EAT. I was a little surprised that 2.5i was noticeably faster than my 2.5i Outback and 2.5i Legacy 6MT (except for launching). The engine has 182 hp and only a little more torque. I looked up the 0-60 and 1/4 miles magazine times, they were about 1 sec quick for both and with higher trap speeds than the 4th, 5th, 6th gens, which explains why it felt faster. The adaptive cruise was really nice.

I am not going to run out to buy one and likely I would buy a OBXT when that time comes (My son wants me to trade my '11 LGT in towards one lol) The 7th Gen is a nice car even in 2.5i form.

I received notification that my 2020 Crosstrek arrives Friday. :D

I changed the oil in the LGT over the weekend and had a somber thought that is is the last time I'll be doing that. Not I have to figure out what parts I want to remove and sell and which ones to leave on the car.

I received notification that my 2020 Crosstrek arrives Friday. :D

I changed the oil in the LGT over the weekend and had a somber thought that is is the last time I'll be doing that. Not I have to figure out what parts I want to remove and sell and which ones to leave on the car.

I didn't realize that you were moving on from your LGT. I looked through your old posts and I found your post about the Crosstrek you made earlier this month.

My enabling advice. At 205k miles, it probably isn't worth much; it might be worth it to keep it as 2nd fun vehicle. At 205k miles, I understand why you may want to move on though. Personally when I decide to move on to make room for another vehicle, I am done with it.

For selling mods, they really don't add value to the car. Sometimes I have remove mods from a car and realized while I am doing it, it wasn't worth my time to save a few hundred dollars. I don't know what mods you have. Add up what each is realistically worth and see if it is worth your time removing. If you have Downpipe and Full Catback exhaust (ie it is loud), a loud exhaust could be a turnoff to a buyer. Cobb AP v2 aren't worth much, the v3 are.

Edited by dgoodhue

I didn't realize that you were moving on from your LGT. I looked through your old posts and I found your post about the Crosstrek you made earlier this month.

My enabling advice. At 205k miles, it probably isn't worth much it might be worth it to keep it as 2nd fun vehicle. At 205k miles, I understand why you may want to move on though. Personally when I decide to move on to make room for another vehicle, I am done with it.

For selling mods, they really don't add value to the car. Sometimes I have remove mods from a car and realized while I am doing it, it wasn't worth my time to save a few hundred dollars. I don't know what mods you have. Add up what each is realistically worth and see if its worth your time removing. If you have Downpipe and Full Catback exhaust (ie it is loud), a loud exhaust could be a turnoff to buy. Cobb AP v2, aren't worth much, the v3 are.

I would also try to keep it, as long as it doesn't destroy the wallet because of insurance and maintaining it :redface:

Some days I wish it was replaced with something else, then other days like this morning I walk up to it and think "this car does look pretty slick - i like it".

I'm used to having Jeeps and always modifying them. I told my wife as long as I can keep modifying the GT I'll be good. That and I made a promise to keep it for 5 years. 2 years and 9 months left. :)