LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

According to the Service Bulletin 15-199-16R my CB624UL head unit for my 2017 Legacy is in need of an update. Does anyone have access to the following:

Reprogramming File Name: 86201AL82A

Subarunet Link Title: 2017MY Leg / Obk Clarion DA CB826UL Update File

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone has the files for the CM644UL update, I would appreciate it. It's for my MY2015 Impreza Sport. Specifically, the file will be called "2015MY Impreza / XV Crosstrek Clarion DA CM644UL Update File" or "86201FJ640.zip"

Thanks in advance!

Do not expect MirrorLink to work, regardless of the head unit firmware revision. The few people who have gotten it to work say it required a now-ancient version of Android on the phone, and even then the results weren't worth the effort.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
My MPG and stuff shows nothing.

Sounds like you may have problems beyond head unit firmware. If the two trip meters in the instrument cluster aren't working, then you have problems elsewhere. Those trip meters aren't driven by the head unit.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I've appreciated all the info on this thread that's gone cold but was wondering is anyone has info in regards to having to apply all prior updates.

For example I have NU90217 installed and NU9021 is the latest. Do i need to install NU9020 before NU9021? If so. where can I find NU9020? it's not listed on https://www.subarunet.com/snet/secure/business/service/forms/gen_2_fujitsu_denso.htm

For example I have NU90217 installed and NU9021 is the latest. Do i need to install NU9020 before NU9021?

No. Each update is comprehensive. The firmware numbers aren't always sequential.

spacer.png

Thanks to all the excellent help here I was able to successfully apply the latest updates with no issues. I am however at a dead-end as every time I connect Mirrorlink tries to download a certificate which fails. Seems like this platform is doomed. Has anyone tried to flash the HU and install another software platform that actually works?

Don't expect Mirrorlink to work ... ever. It was already an obsolete standard by the time the G6 Legacys were introduced in 2014. See my earlier posts in this thread.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2017 Legacy with NO Nav that is in serious need of some bluetooth help.

according to my research I need the following files:

LODAOU9507_1_USB_1st.zip FB856UM

LODAOU9507_1_USB_2nd.zip FB876UM

--

Ed Wilson ewilson248@gmail.com

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!

here is a Google shared drive to dump the files in:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Oy-3y3Oj_-kqKAvhFw9VoXMgo9BMMfTb?usp=sharing

• 4 weeks later...

My only mistake was not downloading all of the files, but you can access all of the updates by signing up here for $35 - https://techinfo.subaru.com/. You get linked to the TSB. The trick is you have to click the links in Internet Explorer or they won't work. it is very weird. I did the update myself on a USB drive using instructions found online. I used the instructions here:

Mine is a 2016 with NAV - NU9313. I kept the car running (outside of course) and didn't have an issue updating.

Ha! So, I get done updating my head unit (Thanks, protivakid!) and I'm browsing on STIS and I find that there's a new update. Dated 10/13/2020. So I bought a subscription and am in the middle of downloading all the updates for all the covered vehicles. I'll do my best to make them available the same way protivakid did, through Google drives. I'm also grabbing the Gracenote update for cover art.

Stay tuned for updates.

Here's the link to the head unit update: TSB 15-205-16R

And here's the link to the Gracenote update: TSB 115-208-17R

OK, so here you go. I make no claims about these files, other than I downloaded them directly from Subaru's STIS site. Use them at your own risk. The head unit update files are about 300MB~400MB each and the Gracenote update is 1GB.

Subaru Fujitsu-TEN 7" Display Head Unit Update Files and Gracenote 13207 Update

Edited by Outback_Jon
Updated Google Drive link