LegacyGT.com

Soon supporting all Legacy years/models

Tide

We're going to be adding more forum support for all Legacy years and models. I'll have a rough version of the new structure up soon, so use this thread here to provide feedback on how we can better organize and make sure this is the most comprehensive Legacy site around. Also if you have a particular knowledge or understanding on all the years, go ahead and post your suggestions up now.

Thanks

This is going to take a lot of effort, hope the members utilize it properly.

Suggestion - at some point, it might be worthwhile to consolodate some of the vendor fora.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Excellent idea separating the generations and trims.

My only concern is with the "older legacy performance" sub-forum. Is there any way to just close it and archive all of the threads there?

I'm just afraid this will be confusing to new members, who are unsure about where to post about their vehicles. Keeping it generation specific will hopefully ease confusion of where to post questions.

^^ I think the change is good.

Unfortunately some of the threads may not have yet been transferred to the right sub-forum.

I would think that if you got a list of those threads and PMd a mod it would get fixed.

The forum "Subaru Legacy" was primarily about the 4th generation. However new members would often just post anything in there. This change at least is a big step into making sure people thing about what they post where. I don't have plans on re-doing the technical forums at this time, as we want to see how the topics get divided up.

I like it. I came from Acurazine where we have model-generation forums and it makes everything from searching to posting in the right section easier, especially for new people.

It might be too much but we also had model year specific sub forums e.g.:

4g legacy parent category contains:

4g legacy general (default forum)

4g legacy audio video

4g legacy performance

4g legacy problems & fixes

though it would be difficult to find all model specific threads in the tech forums because of shared engines etc.

Good work :)

Edited by timmahh

I like the new layout concept...I'm not used to it, but I'll get used to it. Looks much friendlier to owners of older/newer cars...assuming we can get enough posts built up in there that it's a useful resource :)
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I'm brand new to this forum, but I think this is definitely the way to set it up. Every other car forum I use has different sections for different generations.

One questions though, why did the post I guys made in the second generation forum tell me it has to be approved by a mod before it will show up?

Good idea and looks like it will work well.

Only suggestion I have is to group model specific forums on the main page cuz it almost seems cluttered. Maybe have like a Legacy Models & an Outback models forum link and then the year specific forums inside there.

One questions though, why did the post I guys made in the second generation forum tell me it has to be approved by a mod before it will show up?

Yeah, the pre-thread certification is annoying, I am on 3 other forums, this is the only one of them that does this.

Shouldn't "Third Generation Subaru Outback (2003 – 2009)"

be "Third Generation Subaru Outback (2005 – 2009)" at least for USDM?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Only if you post a link, 99.9% of the new member posts go through immediately.

Yeah, the pre-thread certification is annoying, I am on 3 other forums, this is the only one of them that does this.

• 4 weeks later...

good call tide, nice work.

twice I think.

Is there a minimum posts for new users to start new threads on their own? I was a new user.

if you keep posting your site issues in here i'm going to recommend that all your posts be moderated. there are threads for site specific issues.

• 12 years later...
Shouldn't "Third Generation Subaru Outback (2003 – 2009)"

be "Third Generation Subaru Outback (2005 – 2009)" at least for USDM?

In the USDM, the Outback models started with the 1995-99 2nd Gen Legacy BD/BG chassis as the 1st Gen Outback and that convention has continued to today.

The 2005-09 BL/BP platform had two model segments:

4th Gen Legacy, BL/BP

3rd Gen Outback, BL/BP

With the advent of the 2010-14 Legacy and Outback models, the BM chassis comprises the 5th Gen Legacy models while the 2010-14 BR chassis comprises the 4th Gen Outback models and so on to today.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -