LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Is there a dumb questions thread? I don't like detailing threads if it isn't needed.

Specifically a fs thread for jdm side mirrors. What are grampus lights? I keep seeing them mentioned here and there but can't find a straight answer. Brand? Style? What's it mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped the rusty wagon off to have the exhaust swapped to the less rusty sedan. :(

Anyone want a rusty 05 mt wagon? Runs great and was well-maintained but corrosion is winning the battle, sadly. Suitable for a part out primarily but running and inspected until march.

sadface

sadface

Seriously. Sad for the car which I loved and also sad I cant get much money for it now.

So if anyone wants a parts car PM me. Everything works except for the drivers seat heater.

At least I still have the LGT sedan and now a new forester.

Shop not optimistic about quality of repair for my rear bumper. Not bad enough to warrant replacement, so discussing cutting the check and running.

What's the average price/difficulty of sourcing jdm wagon conversion? Better off just waiting for perfect usdm wagon bumper cropping up for sale?

I'm guessing there aren't replacements available anymore then? I had that happen once and we paid the tech a ton to weld the plastic bumper back together (it was in 3 pieces) and it was flawless. Granted the guy was good and had 30 years experience or so.

If it's a case of mangled bumper and replacements no longer made, make sure they don't short you on that check. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions. It's been a few years but that was my job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick internet search brings up factory and aftermarket replacements are available. The shop noted some peeling paint from a previous respray (previous owner, I guess) and some clearly not accident related scuffs on the side of the bumper.

Previous respray peeling:

Peeling.thumb.jpg.27b91c54118d1e1103c11573993f005a.jpg

Side imperfections clearly unrelated to accident:

Side.thumb.jpg.4a74f4cb17a804483a8e6f5de375c753.jpg

Side view showing deformation caused by accident:

265327902_Rearbumper.thumb.jpg.39d97ecbcc8ff78dc56f67daeb62ad0c.jpg

There was no argument that the scratches caused by the accident necessitated some kind of repair, but the shop guy understood the car and how I felt about it as a Subaru person, and was honest he didn't think I'd be happy with the repair given the existing flaws. He floated a $500ish number for payout, and I'd be surprised if Geico doesn't reduce it further.

Wow started rambling TL;DR, as an extremely picky ex adjuster knowing that it is a difficult color match, I'd still repair it unless looking for an excuse to go JDM. I was expecting something quite bad initially. That's a cake walk.

Did you get rear ended? I worked for GEICO actually as an adjuster. That's honestly not that bad looking. It's a thing where they only owe for damage caused of course. Body shop people get trained for rough estimates at $500 a panel which isn't unfair.

But an hour of repair, bumper r&r labor, and a reduction to the paint labor would be what I would expect. The time of repair and paint reduction is sorta a local variance thing. In utah that'd be an hour repair and 0.5 hr paint reduction.

IMO any competent body shop should be able to repair the rest of the bumper for maybe an hour or two of labor on top of the estimate so you're looking at (utah rates) another $100 or less out of pocket for a fully refinished bumper. Pearl and metallic is a difficult color match but I bet if you look none of your plastic matches perfect anyway. Mine doesn't, the hood scoop being the most noticeable.

Unless you're looking to move to a jdm (I've thought about it cuz obxt) you're almost positively not going to find a used bumper in better shape, a recon bumper is no different than repairing yours. I'd call your body shop lazy. I repaired a bumper on an 04 911 that the dude was having a hissy fit about and he couldn't tell the difference.

Geico will do repair>aftermarket replace> OE replace. I'm picky enough I'm going to repaint my hood scoop and spoiler because the match isn't close enough and I still wouldn't replace that bumper. My $0.02, and I don't work in that field anymore so I'm not pushing for anyone specific here.

Side note, if it's a GEICO "authorized" repair shop like the ARX program, GEICO would guarantee fit and finish on a repair for life. Any good body shop should do the same on top of it, GEICO is just a nationwide one, but in Utah I could point you to 20 body shops that would jump on that repair. That is easy money.

Drove it today. Also got a glimpse of the upcoming holiday bonus and decided to take advantage of some of the holiday deals still going on and picked up the items below. This is all in preparation for the JMP custom BNR 18g that is currently in the works. Still need rails, injectors, fuel line & fittings, and headers.

AEM 340lph Fuel Pump

Aeromotive A1000 FPR

IAG Top Feed TGV Deletes

New Gaskets for the entire TGV & IM assembly

I'll be the one to say it - that wagon ain't red!

Haha! I've had that username since 2001 on NASIOC, since before NASIOC was NASIOC (it was still iClub at the time). Back then I had a red WRX wagon.

Thanks everyone! It's awesome, you guys are probably the only ones to appreciate it! When they came in and I was jumping around acting like I won the lottery, my fiance said, "Why do we need more magnets?!". I responded, "Look closer- it's the car you hate!"

Now other people can receive the wrong parts with MY car on the magnet in the box! Hahah!!!

Edited by lil'redwagon

It's funny...

I joined the Legacy GT Forum in August of 2005, when I got ABP 5 spd Limited wagon -- new. I owned it for 6 years, and 163k miles. It was my most favorite car ever. It's since been supplanted, but I liked it enough that I had an opportunity to pick up an '05 unlimited 5 spd sedan for my soon to be 16 year old son.

So like John Wick, I'm back.

No9BY0tHvAflNv-ugq9CJOw1bU4VUToUhSGkevv1RATwZkNhmaSUyoBA969Ufrmv6NaYN512kYmjyePZuvbzzuo0kLpw4iimxfUgEuR6oLpAPmjAx5njihw0tN9YPATnZ4F183gaujoUQoxpkUAE_y2wziYaiU1Co5F5BgONRubYGZOXeoOKa3InpfyyoievL9LaZ8y_dgyQ162nfQJleNugA0rIqNxodanhDlv7kfg5w7Zkfjw-FiOU-75eZW1c0VVbF2ysrqPoCep2EuxRkUFba2Cpuv3wqJlIuz6dVMh1-UOzgIhDI_eFVWxPD3LBStYbtVF97ola6ijos08leSbO_B6-Mg5y-qzVXwLNFVJ4WAGaz2zyjN2C7Bes7wR959OkKvLYuXLQzbox1NviX2m_gXRKCsKdNIPTJtdz2knmKbPYFOmTj1IRZ4zJdjX9v4eMQgdJP6joaNMJROyTQPsLVd5fl92T0iFtI5GonlUb_lVw3daVQHa2lSrgwdheg6xgnvvsH4Y_P7JdPkkvYisXHQCrlkwj0LBnW0yPD2Q5we910HZ4kU0pbafjt5IvFKrq-hkyu1jzcfPo4VJAT6MT7Clhe5Vgo9ebqwyBrDa-LM9-urAqckBVdj1Him85rXbXpzeulQ5y_0egwB8V2I2fgtlSFtLQaGFfH25LcQIIpnra4j_EiwA=w2625-h1969-no

And it's good to be back.

:)

^^Image not found & welcome back.

Must be just you... ;)

I could see it fine here at work...of all places.

Oh yeah, welcome back...hopefully you'll stick around more or may be your son can learn a thing or too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Did some more work on the spec b build this eve, I cut out the sensors for the secondary air pump removal, had to modify the intake to fit the cobb inlet, which took a bunch of cutting and grinding, then cleaning the S out of it so I didn't have any metal filings about to go into the intake. Oh and with my keen eyes I saw I didn't plug back in the oil pressure sensor, luckily I saw that.
08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy