LegacyGT.com

Is this going to be the end for Starlink in existing Subarus?

The Subaru telematics system(s) use 4G LTE on the AT&T network. 4G LTE is not going away any time soon. What happens after 2030 is anybody's guess, but change is inevitable, and our cars won't be able to adapt.

With regard to the Subaru infotainment systems: Some day USB is going to be obsolete. Some day Bluetooth is going to be obsolete. Some day WiFi is going to be obsolete. Some day SiriusXm will be gone. Some day CarPlay and Android Auto are going to be obsolete. Some day AM/FM/HD broadcast radio may all be obsolete. Etc., etc., etc.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

yeah, in my older bmws 3g is phased out. 4g lte is going to be around a long time.

i just bought my daughter a brand new impreza with starlink/carplay and i hope it works for a long time. that's the only car she's getting out of me. lol

Carriers will use 4g for a lot of connected extras while 5g will be used to high end like phones and tabs. Trackers and watches will most likely stay with 4g for many years. The carrier needs the extra lanes to handle traffic meaning both frequency’s will be needed to manage network congestion.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...