LegacyGT.com

Cobb LF vs older XLE BPV

I'm feeling the need to unnecessarily throw money at the wagon and have been thinking about an aftermarket BPV. This would be a full recirculation setup with a Grimmspeed TMIC.

I see that Cobb has redesigned their XLE into a newer model called the LF. Has anyone tried the new LF?

I'm also thinking of the Forge BPV.

Edited by ashwinearl

Does the GS TMIC create clearance issues depending on the size of aftermarket BPVs?

The Cobb LF is tiny compared to the XLE that it replaced. When I had my car on the dyno my tuner (JR) commented on how much he liked the LF for its ability to hold under high psi.

I still have the xle on a shelf. I really need to put together some FS threads.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I'm really enjoying the Synchronic DV from Synapse Engineering. Response is really fast, I've run OEM, Turbosmart, and GFB; and this is my favorite of the group.

http://www.synapseengineering.com/v4/dv/

You want to look for the WRX 2008-2014 if interested.

SKU: DV001A.020

Never heard of Synapse before and their Synchronic DV. After doing some quick researching I may need to give this a try. There isn't a lot out there on these but I like the design of these and the fact you don't need to lube the piston ever seems like a nice plus. I've ran GFB in the past and currently a Turbosmart. No real complaints from either but I hate seeing more wear on the piston every time I go to lube.

Never heard of Synapse before and their Synchronic DV. After doing some quick researching I may need to give this a try. There isn't a lot out there on these but I like the design of these and the fact you don't need to lube the piston ever seems like a nice plus. I've ran GFB in the past and currently a Turbosmart. No real complaints from either but I hate seeing more wear on the piston every time I go to lube.

I went down a similar path, I saw one for sale in the classifieds with a few people saying they loved theirs. I missed it, but then did the research and ended up buying one. If you have a stock intake and it's plumbed back in, I could only hear it if I was running hard with the windows down. With a GS intake, the gush sound can be heard with the windows down, but is almost silent with them up.

I think they have solid engineering there, they are lacking marketing which is why it's harder to find stuff about them. I found more info on the Evo forums where it's pretty popular because of the high 20's/low 30's psi boost pressures they run.

Yea, most of things I found were on the Evo & BMW forums as well with most actual owners saying they loved it. Did you have the GS intake when you ran the other DVs/BOVs? If so how was the sound comparison? I've got the cobb intake and the Turbosmart Kompact full re-circ and the woosh sound is actually about the same loudness as when I ran the GFB at 50/50, although I like the sound the Turbosmart one makes more than GFB. Won't be able to try and find videos until after work today.

I didn't, sorry. Only got the GS intake recently.

The Syn DV is comparable volume as the GFB 70/30, but I like the sharper sound gish sound of the Syn DV when I'm on it.

If I am listening closely, I can hear the DV operating very quickly and quietly when I let off the gas (not heavy throttle).

I'm really enjoying the Synchronic DV from Synapse Engineering. Response is really fast, I've run OEM, Turbosmart, and GFB; and this is my favorite of the group.

thanks for pointing this one out.

Can you post of picture of it installed? What gasket did you use between it and your TMIC?

Any speculation on how it will with the Grimspeed TMIC as far as space goes fitting under the hood?

Can you post of picture of it installed? What gasket did you use between it and your TMIC?

Any speculation on how it will with the Grimspeed TMIC as far as space goes fitting under the hood?

I'll grab a pic for you tonight when I get home.

If I remember correctly, I'm using a gasket from felpro gasket material that I cut out.

Here are some pictures on my AVO TMIC.

It's slightly bigger than the GFB it was replacing, but looking at pictures of Grimmspeed intercoolers, I don't see anything that would indicate that the Synapsis DV wouldn't fit.

I hope it does because I would like to go to a GS TMIC one day.

Because of the design for push/pull, you can easily rotate the return nozzle as needed for fitment of the BPV hose.

IMG_7728.thumb.JPG.2cf05acda96b905d4267cdf2fb2dd1de.JPG

IMG_7729.thumb.JPG.c60527dd9487c0a51036745890f4c8b5.JPG

IMG_7730.thumb.JPG.e48a429a46af988fe23c1a7da100d595.JPG

IMG_7731.thumb.JPG.27953e1d57eb84aecdc4f3cf5588f83d.JPG

IMG_7732.thumb.JPG.e69dbee748d4cac4217d7aa2515b95c3.JPG