LegacyGT.com

What injectors are you running?

I’m confuzzled. I have an ej20x in my car right now. Bearing took a dump so it has knocking. I am going forged ej255.

Makes two of us. Well 3 if you could rwebb.

yer car, yer money.

a forged ej257 isn't going to prevent the bearing issue. More power doesn't come from forged engine parts just more warmup and lots more money. A factory RA short block is ~1800 from flatironstuning. More than enough for 400hp. DD'able 400hp in a legacy doesn't come cheaply.

If a $500 tow bill is a limiting factor, perhaps a shop closer to you is worth the money as they can build it and install it. In which case, they will warranty all work. Bringing a shortblock in means, oops you pay more money if something happens.

injector & turbo questions are usually best answered by the folks who are going to tune it. Which you'll need, which is probably a third shop unless doing online tuning.

Makes two of us. Well 3 if you could rwebb.

yer car, yer money.

a forged ej257 isn't going to prevent the bearing issue. More power doesn't come from forged engine parts just more warmup and lots more money. A factory RA short block is ~1800 from flatironstuning. More than enough for 400hp. DD'able 400hp in a legacy doesn't come cheaply.

If a $500 tow bill is a limiting factor, perhaps a shop closer to you is worth the money as they can build it and install it. In which case, they will warranty all work. Bringing a shortblock in means, oops you pay more money if something happens.

injector & turbo questions are usually best answered by the folks who are going to tune it. Which you'll need, which is probably a third shop unless doing online tuning.

Welp poop. I gave a deposit to the guy this morning to buy the parts. I mean honestly I will be happy pushing 300ishwhp with VF52 setup. Which I bought.. seller is ignoring me now. But anyways, I appreciate yours as well as everyone else's opinion.

Sorry. There's been alot of ppl coming through here with dd'able 400hp as their stated goals like its a chip you put on your mustang. Then they add a money factor in. On the subaru platform, 400hp is expensive. The lgt is more because oem transmission isnt a 6mt and it's a "gt" not "rally homologation" car.

8k is a typical "all done, fully installed, debugged, etc" price. If you get free labor, you save 1-2k. If you get used parts, you save a couple bucks but normally you pay that back in much higher maintenance costs.

10-12k has been a reasonable number for the 400awhp builds because all the ancillary components that get upgraded to handle the doubling of power.