LegacyGT.com

HELP (Please) Stuck on #2 Spark Plug

So I started changing out my spark plugs to try and figure out a miss on #1 cylinder. Started on Passenger side figuring these would be the easier ones and I'd get some experience for tackling the harder ones.

Passenger side was pretty easy (found a split coil pack on cylinder 1, so that mystery is solved).

Move on to Cylinder 2 (Driver front) and I can't get the spark plug socket to seat no matter what I do. Just can't get a bite on the plug. Tried different sockets and different combinations of extensions. Even tried a 17 mm deep impact socket to see if I could get that to bite.

I put that aside and moved on the the "really hard one", driver rear. Took me 10 minutes from start to finish.

So now I have 3 new plugs and one that I can't get out no matter what.

Please, somebody come up with a genius suggestion.

Thanks

Almost.

I broke out a mirror and finally got a look. A piece of the ceramic insulator from the plug had broken off and wedged itself down at the bottom of the plug.

Piece of wire, a lot of cursing et voila... the plug is out.

Now waiting for the new coil to arrive and maybe it'll stop running like shit...

Almost.

I broke out a mirror and finally got a look. A piece of the ceramic insulator from the plug had broken off and wedged itself down at the bottom of the plug.

Piece of wire, a lot of cursing et voila... the plug is out.

Now waiting for the new coil to arrive and maybe it'll stop running like shit...

I was just about to post this, happened to me once lol. Glad you got it out.

Archived