LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Wideband O2 still reading dangerously lean under boost. Car pulling as hard and smoothly as ever despite the WBO2 reading with no unexpected knock. Must be a borked sensor or exhaust leak :iam:

Also still have a persistent smell of something burning when the car's warm and comes to a stop with HVAC set to vent. Doesn't smell like (engine) oil, coolant, or PS fluid/ATF. Also doesn't smell like the burning plastic from the wheel well plastics (from the short period of time when the pop-its broke and it was rubbing against the tire). Nothing obvious sniffing around under the hood after parking. So at a loss for what it could be, since all the fluids aren't depleting and there's no smoke. Maybe something residual in the cabin filter? Or is it just a lingering "new motor smell?" :lol:

Small leak from passenger side inner CV boot?

Partsouq just added a couple JDM wagon window visors to their inventory. Grabbed a set for myself, should be two left for a nice nice discount - ~$190 shipped. Been keeping an eye on these for months now.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=E3610AG010

Yeah I rarely let people even eat in my car let alone smoke, but my windows are cracked pretty much anytime it's over 60°

I only drink water or let people have water in my car. Also it not my daily so it's very clean in a garage. You lean on it and you will slide right off since i detail it each week. lol

Also still have a persistent smell of something burning when the car's warm and comes to a stop with HVAC set to vent. Doesn't smell like (engine) oil, coolant, or PS fluid/ATF.

Had similar experience when OEM TMIC tabs opened up on pass side and was slowly dripping oil on the exhaust manifold. Could be source of your other issue too...

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I only drink water or let people have water in my car. Also it not my daily so it's very clean in a garage. You lean on it and you will slide right off since i detail it each week. lol

I get anxious when people go near my cars.

Lean on them and I'll probably have something to say

I get my alarm button on the fob ready if I sense someone may contact my car.

There got to be some counseling for that.

If all fails, autocross.

I didn't do it but there's been progress on the wagon. Who knew going into full "Karen" mode would yield results.

Rear brake lines replaced and new gas tank installed.

[ATTACH]293474[/ATTACH]

What's the story there?

Also still have a persistent smell of something burning when the car's warm and comes to a stop with HVAC set to vent. Doesn't smell like (engine) oil, coolant, or PS fluid/ATF.

How does the boot on your passenger side axle look? Is it slinging grease onto the DP?

I hit a new milestone with my wagon recently, 10 years of ownership, and also 10 years on the forum now.

I parked and covered the car in April and finally got back home and uncovered it yesterday. This cover has really been worth it. Besides some dust, she is looking great! I'm hoping this outdoor storage will be coming to an end though, we have plans for building a garage soon.

My 8-year-old Farm and Fleet battery is very dead, like won't except a change any more dead. Any battery recommendations? Right now I'm leaning towards a Die hard Gold for about $170.

I have to-do list going now:

-Passenger side axle

-Install Whiteline front LCA bushings

-Resurface front rotors

-New front pads

I also need to start thinking about a new timing belt. Pretty much all the belts and pulleys are due for replacement.

IMG_9678.jpg.7b15ea9df2d79498db826c0a45b1d4d6.jpg

I like Odyssey but that's overkill for many. It helps me run my QuickJack and can handle being revived from deep discharge a few times. In the meantime, if you hook up your bad battery in parallel with a good one sometimes it will still accept a charge. Beautiful wagon.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

What's the story there?

They've been dragging ass on the work for way to long. I came to a breaking point after a combination of the finding out the shop manager leaving for another job (he's the only reason I've kept going there, dude defines customer service and righting wrongs) and the shop owner asking a really dumb question about the car and I went off on him. Typical Karen type crap, "I've been coming here for years, have spent $$$$$, blah blah". Ended by saying I'm not bringing any more business until this car is done.

They've had the car since December 2nd, every part for the build since March (95% of the parts were in hand when I dropped the car off). The only parts they were waiting on that didn't arrive until March was some SuperPro rear suspension bushings. They haven't touched the car since April/May and it's just been sitting on a lift, with the windows down collecting all the shop dust for months. And it's a long list of work to go.

When I originally dropped it off in December they said it would be done by April 15th at the absolute latest. That's basic the gist of it.

I didn't do it but there's been progress on the wagon. Who knew going into full "Karen" mode would yield results.

Rear brake lines replaced and new gas tank installed.

[ATTACH]293474[/ATTACH]

I gather your filler tube was ok ? While they have the tank area open make sure they check all the lines for the evap system, may be zip tie them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I hit a new milestone with my wagon recently, 10 years of ownership, and also 10 years on the forum now.

I parked and covered the car in April and finally got back home and uncovered it yesterday. This cover has really been worth it. Besides some dust, she is looking great! I'm hoping this outdoor storage will be coming to an end though, we have plans for building a garage soon.

My 8-year-old Farm and Fleet battery is very dead, like won't except a change any more dead. Any battery recommendations? Right now I'm leaning towards a Die hard Gold for about $170.

I have to-do list going now:

-Passenger side axle

-Install Whiteline front LCA bushings

-Resurface front rotors

-New front pads

I also need to start thinking about a new timing belt. Pretty much all the belts and pulleys are due for replacement.

I have been using Walmarts, MaxEverstart batteries for years, they got a good rating.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I gather your filler tube was ok ? While they have the tank area open make sure they check all the lines for the evap system, may be zip tie them.

Even if it was there is a brand new one for them to install. It looks like the original is still on in the pic though. I gave them permission to inspect and/or replace any misc/OEM parts they come across while doing all this that need it so they should be checking all of that.

Even if it was there is a brand new one for them to install. It looks like the original is still on in the pic though. I gave them permission to inspect and/or replace any misc/OEM parts they come across while doing all this that need it so they should be checking all of that.

I only asked because mind was in sad shape a few years back when my tank and filler tube were replaced.

Good Luck.

Gave the wagon a thorough wash and wax today. Love the way it looks all cleaned up. Can't decide if I'm going to park it for the winter towards the end of November/early December. The winters in Ct can be brutal and the crap they dump on the roads devours cars. Have an 08 Grand caravan that runs perfect so I may drive that until April or so.

No indoor storage so I keep going back and forth in my head. Thought about a cover but worry about it shifting in the wind and damaging the paint.

I only asked because mind was in sad shape a few years back when my tank and filler tube were replaced.

Good Luck.

No worries and thanks. I've seen others have issues with it and that was a peace of mind/while we're in there decision. Gas tank and rear brake lines were as well actually. Neither had issues but there are a lot of "while were in there" replacement parts to ensure they don't become issues in the near future. Short of a full underbody resto I wanted this to essentially be a ground up rebuild. Subframes were sandblasted and powder coated, every suspension and drivetrain bushings/mounts/bearings are all getting replaced or upgraded if there was a quality aftermarket option.

Installed a HeliCoil to one of the trailing arm mount points. I used a 12 point wrench (again) since I couldn't wait for the tap wrenches to come in the mail. Amazon delivered the Loctite just in time to install the new threads. Here's a picture of the install right before I removed the tang and also one of all the shavings I brushed out of my hair.

The yellow tint on the metal is Cosmoline. I like it much better than Fluid Film. It doesn't smell as bad, doesn't attract dirt, dries to a slight tack, and is more durable.

1.thumb.jpg.cca76179e4a7171d147139c9919d5131.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.cf096f3f9d7182655fd535febf3c74ca.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.ad9702c90711880b481b0dc7d81f0979.jpg

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Had a close look at my wagons rear subframe today, unfortunately.

I was able to change the rear diff oil easily, those bagged gear oil quarts are great, and prepped the rear lower control arms with plenty of PB blaster for KTA124 install. Waiting on new hardware at the dealership and alignment is scheduled.

**Always make sure you can remove the fill plug BEFORE the drain plug for the rear diff fluid.

I like Odyssey but that's overkill for many. It helps me run my QuickJack and can handle being revived from deep discharge a few times. In the meantime, if you hook up your bad battery in parallel with a good one sometimes it will still accept a charge. Beautiful wagon.

I’ve been debating if it’s worth it for the Odyssey or Optima batteries. I feel like I’m going to regret getting a cheap battery but buying a $300 battery isn’t the most appealing right now either.

I have been using Walmarts, MaxEverstart batteries for years, they got a good rating.

Ive owned a lot of Everstarts over the years but I’ve had bad luck with the latest Everstarts in my truck. I warrantied at least two of them in a year before I got a good one. Same with the ‘Interstates’ that Costco sells. I got two duds before I got one that has latest awhile now. I feel like there’s some really crappy batteries out there now.

I would stay away from Optima's as I've had two fail on me on two different vehicles (red and yellow top). Neither of them could be resuscitated with my trickle charger even with good batteries in parallel. I think you'll do fine with MaxCapacity's recommendation or the DieHard Gold. Simple trickle chargers can be cheap to maintain a good battery, or just take your car for a spin every two weeks. The lead acid batteries in our cars last the longest with a nice full charge, unlike the lithium batteries in our phones which like to be between 20-80%. Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread