LegacyGT.com

A/c not working

Subaru Legacy 2015 limited

So I replace my battery the other day along with replacing my main fuse and today I got into the car and the a/c isn’t working. So I told myself I probably Have to recharge it with freeon. So I went to autozone and bought a 50 on with the reusable gauge. I recharge it and it didn’t work. Still no cold air.... anyone has a solution? The guy at autozone told me to check the clutch and it was still moving so he told me it can an electric issue with some type of sensor.... Can anyone help me out?

Subaru Legacy 2015 limited

So I replace my battery the other day along with replacing my main fuse and today I got into the car and the a/c isn’t working. So I told myself I probably Have to recharge it with freeon. So I went to autozone and bought a 50 on with the reusable gauge. I recharge it and it didn’t work. Still no cold air.... anyone has a solution? The guy at autozone told me to check the clutch and it was still moving so he told me it can an electric issue with some type of sensor.... Can anyone help me out?

Check ur A/C fuse.. That dead battery issue has caused u a headache. [emoji17][emoji17][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Poor car.

N.B.

1. Even if it were the problem ... which is almost certainly isn't ... you cannot properly charge any A/C system by measuring pressure alone.
  2. Gen 6 Legacy A/C compressors are variable displacement; they don't have a clutch.
  3. If you're going to undertake DIY jobs like this, investing $35 in a legal copy of the official Legacy/Outback Factory Service Manual is an essential first step.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Poor car.

N.B.

1. Even if it were the problem ... which is almost certainly isn't ... you cannot properly charge any A/C system by measuring pressure alone.
  2. Gen 6 Legacy A/C compressors are variable displacement; they don't have a clutch.
  3. If you're going to undertake DIY jobs like this, investing $35 in a legal copy of the official Legacy/Outback Factory Service Manual is an essential first step.

Why do you say that about #1? Generally curious, as Subaru has charts in their service manual for exactly this thing (at least they did for my ‘12 Impreza)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For basic physics and HVAC operating principles, I'll refer you to just about every Refrigeration and Air Conditioning textbook ever written.

In the case of the 2015 Legacy/Outback, the only procedure in the the Factory Service Manual specifies system evacuation for at least 5 minutes. followed by refrigerant charging by weight (0.83 +/-0.06 lbs R-134a).

After charging, pressure and temperature can be used to confirm proper system operation. Perhaps more important, pressure and temperature provide important diagnostic information for a malfunctioning system.

Most likely, the A/C system in the OP's Legacy is now grossly overcharged, which can damage the compressor and other system components. The only way to know for sure is to find a competent shop and have them perform a full evacuate/recharge.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I tried one of those cans on an old maxima that wasn’t blowing cold air. Needless to say it didn’t work. Took it to the shop they said it needs to be properly drained and re filled in order to work right so did it and worked for years after. Of course that is if the issue isn’t electric for u.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...