LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I been thoroughly scouring this fourm for the past 2 1/2 years and recently started making performance mods to my10 LGT....during my research I keep reading about racerX parts but can't find reference to it anywhere else on the web....

Ummmm......What happened to racerX?

Seemed like an option worth exploring but no products in sight....what did it miss?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

RacerX Engineering gave up producing products a few years back. Brian was done. He considered another run of charge pipes about 3 or 4 years ago and we never heard from him again.

RacerX Engineering gave up producing products a few years back. Brian was done. He considered another run of charge pipes about 3 or 4 years ago and we never heard from him again.
Sorry to hear....thanks for filling me in.

I tend to lean towards supporting the "little guys" when it comes to spending my money.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Since I got some nice comments on my lawn work I thought I would share this with you all..... Mothers day.....washed and waxed the car and then mowed the lawn.

I think they both look pretty good :)

5uGzcQL.jpg

Looks great! We're looking to add some hydrangeas, boxwoods and rhododendrons to our backyard. We're done at the moment with all the important house updates. Now it's for the fun stuff. Should be getting the vinyl floors done here in the next month or two.

Oh and I announced on FB but, paid off the Legacy last week :D

I'm still back and forth but may have decided on my original idea of getting a NA or NB Mazda Miata for a second car. (they're appreciating right now). Also have considered a GTI or a STI swapped 2.5RS (pre-2001).

I want to try and preserve my cars life. I have no intention of selling or getting rid of the thing. It's been such a great commuter and road tripper. Two cars would allow me to have a backup one if one of ours is immobile for a bit for some reason.

Also I've been getting some wacky thoughts lately of maybe turbo charging the poor thing in the next year or two.

We have 42 rhodos in our yard and about a half dozen azaleas along with 10 hydrangeas ....flowers all spring and summer !! At the moment, our truly huge lilac bush (18 ft tall) is in full bloom so the entire yard is lilac scented day and night.:wub:

I do the lawn and the shrubs....Scooby Too does all the flowers :cool:

Edited by Scooby Fan

I finally pealed the original "screen protector" off my Cobb AP, I left it on for 2 1/2 years but never liked the streaks in it. Now that it is off, I didn't realize how much glare it would have. I googled a screen protector and they are $20 for 2....ouch.

We have 42 rhodos in our yard and about a half dozen azaleas along with 10 hydrangeas ....flowers all spring and summer !! At the moment, our truly huge lilac bush (18 ft tall) is in full bloom so the entire yard is lilac scented day and night.:wub:

I do the lawn and the shrubs....Scooby Too does all the flowers :cool:

That's quite the amount of Rhodos. We still gotta plan out our backyard. There's lots of space to put, essentially a large English garden. You got more pics? I like stuff for ideas for later.

I forgot to mention but we also are refinancing our house after two years. Rates have dropped a lot. We're going from a 4.75% fixed 30 year to a 3.0% 15 year. The PMI is gonna drop off too so the amount extra I'll be paying is only half of what the Subaru payment was essentially.

I've done a bit of research and decided on an NB2 Miata for the second car. They're pretty cheap. They're holding value if not appreciating a bit. Easy to work on. RWD, roadster. What's not to like really. Figured I'd drive it for a bit and start modding it to give the poor Legacy a break.

I plan to do a quick one step polish on the Legacy next week on my week off. Detail the interior. Her VW Golf will get the works as well.

Crazy but, 4 1/2 years of driving it I haven't really found another car I'd love move for what I use it for. I've never thrown a CEL in 4 1/2 years other than when my dumbass didn't torque one of my coilpacks aha. It's been reliable. The XRT tune with the catback and the premium fuel made it lot more livable. Pulls really nice at low RPM which is great for a daily. Shifts quick. Pedals responsive. Comfy seats. H/K audio system does fine by me. My only gripe really is the interior rattles.

We are getting a maple removed from our front yard in a couple weeks. Now grass will finally grow there. And no more dead limbs falling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My truck that I bought back in mid October is now finally paid off.

I need to research for a good extenders to boost my WIFI since I need to relocate my router to the basement since that’s where my box is. I don’t feel like running about 50’ maybe more of Ethernet cable to my router.

My truck that I bought back in mid October is now finally paid off.

I need to research for a good extenders to boost my WIFI since I need to relocate my router to the basement since that’s where my box is. I don’t feel like running about 50’ maybe more of Ethernet cable to my router.

Wifi extenders tend to be crap... We've tried lots of different brands in my house and it was just terrible. You could try to use Powerline Adapters, they work a lot better.

Wifi extenders tend to be crap... We've tried lots of different brands in my house and it was just terrible. You could try to use Powerline Adapters, they work a lot better.

I look into that but was going to talk to my CIT (Network/server peeps) at work about it. Right now I'm not getting nowhere close to my 1g network that I'm paying for from Verizon (14.8 Mbps download; 34.3 Mbps upload). Since I have my router on coax cable from the main box. Verizon did not send me a long enough Ethernet cable. I'm putting my house on the market in couple of years. This is why I don't want to purchase and run a 50' Ethernet cable.

Edited by amusa

I have Google Fiber and have the same issue. The router is on one side of the house, but my computer and TV are on the other side. It would involve drilling a hole in the floor and running the cable down into the basement on the finished side.

We may be selling our place within the next year, so we are in the same boat.

I look into that but was going to talk to my CIT (Network/server peeps) at work about it. Right now I'm not getting nowhere close to my 1g network that I'm paying for from Verizon (14.8 Mbps download; 34.3 Mbps upload). Since I have my router on coax cable from the main box. Verizon did not send me a long enough Ethernet cable. I'm putting my house on the market in couple of years. This is why I don't want to purchase and run a 50' Ethernet cable.

Any chance you have unfinished ceilings between the underside of whatever room your router is in and the box in the basement? I'm lucky enough to have a drop ceiling on the lower (garden?) level and no ceilings in the basement (house is a quad-level), and I ran a couple cables to rooms upstairs by drilling through the floor in an area that's covered by an air vent and dragging them across the drop ceiling. The problem with wireless extenders is that unless you shell out a whole pile of money for one, you're still not going to get your advertised speeds, because they have to send and receive data between the main router and all attached devices. If you wanted to add a wireless access point that's connected to the router via an ethernet cable, or set up some sort of mesh network with a wired backhaul, that'd probably be the best of both worlds. I know my Asus router can be set up in a mesh with either wired or wireless links between routers, although I haven't done that myself.

Laundry room is unfinished that where my box is and the rest is all hard ceiling drywall in the basement and on the main level is wood floors that's where the router is. I have talked to my CIT guys at work. They told me you have 2 options run access point (still required to run hard wire) or it be easier to just run a CAT6 or CAT6A (better choice is the CAT6A) from the box to the router. This is the rout I'm going to take and run CAT6A. My guys gave me about a 100 feet of pull string and they told me how to fish the CAT6A through. I'm going to use the existing Verizon coax cable as my guide to fish the CAT6A through.

100 feet of CAT6A with terminal ends is already on order through Amazon Prime.

Edited by amusa

^^ are you running the newer Verizon router? https://www.verizon.com/home/MLP/router.html

It has improved our coverage and yes your speed is WebTV era. :rolleyes::)

I have this router the Fios G1100, AC1750 WiFi G-1100 Quantum Gateway Router

https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

Also on my custom built computer in the basement. I'm running a Asus USB-AC56 USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter. On the 3rd Floor in my wife office she has (2) laptops (Macbook Pro and HP). She always complaining about the internet.

Edited by amusa

I have this router the Fios G1100, AC1750 WiFi G-1100 Quantum Gateway Router

https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

Also on my custom built computer in the basement. I'm running a Asus USB-AC56 USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter. On the 3rd Floor in my wife office she has (2) laptops (Macbook Pro and HP). She always complaining about the internet.

I've got the same router in my house. It's been great, never really had any issues.

I been working on it half of the day yesterday with Verizon on the call. I moved the router to the Basement because I could not fish the Ethernet cable due to the duct work in the way. Verizon had to reset the server on there end. I had to do a hard reset on my router and disconnect the coax because you can't run both the coax and Ethernet cable on the router. It's all done and I'm now getting 940Mbp.

I won't need the extender now.

Edited by amusa

Glad you sorted it out without adding equipment. I’ve got the same router too. Our issue was that we had no wifi in the yard, I suspect it’s because our house has the foil covered foam insulation board under the siding. I added a Verizon extender to my three season back porch and now I’ve got wifi in the whole back yard. Connects to the home coax/MoCA network. https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/fios-network-extender/

• 2 weeks later...
Putting down a paver patio today! I highly recommend stamped concrete, lol. It's going to be nice though.80e74f032ed735284abaa90f96579799.jpg71cf7bf7f3cdbc53b24dea5737d9fa0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you had to have all those blocks of concrete delivered to your house? My mother wanted to put them in our backyard around our area of soil, and we ended ended up having to take 2 cars to pick up 60 of them. My car was sagging to say the least lmao :lol:

I'm assuming you had to have all those blocks of concrete delivered to your house? My mother wanted to put them in our backyard around our area of soil, and we ended ended up having to take 2 cars to pick up 60 of them. My car was sagging to say the least lmao [emoji38]
$180 for delivery, 3 pallets at 3k lbs each. That was a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had a tree removed a couple weeks ago and decided to spend this morning before it got hot removing the mulch and old netting then lay down topsoil and seed. I underestimated the work it will take. Going to be a multi part project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

FLlegacy, I don't know why but I always pictured you being older. Lmao. Looks good so far. We did our share of landscaping already this year. Putting the boxwood, hydrangeas and rhododendrons in.

So...I did a not so Subaru thing the other day. I bought a 2003 VW Golf GTI 20 Anniversary Edition with 88k miles on it. It was $6250. Not a spot of rust on it. It's been well maintained except the last yobo that had it for two years. Took a perfectly good OEM bumper off and sold it for an R32 spec one. Didn't paint it and threw a camo wrap on it. Also took out the OEM seats and put some Corbeau racing seats in there. They're not terrible but they're not comfortable and lack height adjustment (my short ass is 5'5). Overall the cars in great shape. Only a few small paint chips around the car. No scuffs or dents. The front was in a minor collision years and years ago. There's a small color variation but you'd have to really look to tell. The interior the headliner is still holding up fine as its been garage kept most it's life or covered. Only interior bits that are worn really is the center console plastic is pretty worn and under the steering column.

It has an aftermarket FMIC (not really needed again Idk what he was thinking) and its straight piped from the cat back. Oddly it's not loud. The Legacy is actually louder in the cabin. I think outside the car though the GTI is louder, especially because he has a maniacal bang and pop tune. So if you shift at high RPM, it gunshots. It's a fun little car. It's been nice having a break from our 3500ish pound boat into a 2900lb, go kart hatchback. Also finally getting some gear rowing time and turbo enjoyment for once. It's great on gas. I've driven 200 miles and its not even at half tank yet. Tank size is 14.5 gallon. The 3.6R just chugs.

I've got a steering wheel wrap on the way just like the one on my Legacy because hands keep sticking to this. Perforation helps so much. I've had mine wrapped in the Legacy almost since I bought it.

I know, I know, it's not a Subaru but I'm a car guy and I need selection, haha. Honestly this is bad for me because now I kinda want to start collecting cars. The girlfriend isn't gonna be happy. I was originally looking at Miata's but seemed like a lot of work finding a good shell then spending money to make it quick. These easily do 300whp on stock internals with just exhaust, downpipe, SMIC, injectors and turbo. I actually found the previous previous owner on FB and we chatted awhile. He filled me in on all the details of the car. Wasn't happy with what the P.O. did to it. I told him it's in good hands now. I've got a good idea of it's history.

e9STBD4.jpg

MWy4YxH.jpg

j4E7bQi.jpg

7b0JAZ8.jpg