LegacyGT.com

ABS/CEL/CC lights on after suspension work

Recently replaced a majority of the front suspension on my new-to-me 06 LGT(Control arms, knuckles, hubs, ball joints, axles, tie rods) and brake pads/rotors, after re-assembly, I've got the ABS & Check Engine Light on and Cruise Control Light blinking, with 'Err 55 (SS)' on the odometer.

Using the built-in code reader, shows the following codes:

P0500 - Generic Speed Sensor code

C0108 - Front Left wheel speed sensor

C0107 - Front Right wheel speed sensor

C0115 - ABS Sensor

I assumed I must've been careless and cracked/ruined the speed sensors, so I went ahead and replaced them both, reset codes and went for a ~15km drive to see if they would re-learn and go away, lights still on.

The only two things I can think of that could be the issue:

1. Magnetic rings on both hubs are bad (what are the chances)

2. The non-OE knuckles I used were from a later model Crosstrek/Impreza/Forester/WRX, my few measurements/comparisons side-by-side with OEM seemed to match perfectly, but maybe the spacing on the speed sensors is different, as well as a forum post I saw previously said they were interchangable.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot further or next steps? I just want to drive my new project with no problems for the first time!

Well, the little bit more research in the technical forums may have pointed me in the right direction. Sounds like this is a common issue for moog front hubs.

Ordered a set of Timken hubs and will update once they’re swapped in.

• 2 years later...