LegacyGT.com

Subaru 18" wheels that fit 05-09 OBXT?

Howdy folks.

I am pondering 18" wheels to go with my upcoming JDM SpecB Biltsteins w/ rear spacers suspension swap. It seems to me like any from a Forester or newer OB would fit, is that correct? What about Tribeca wheels? Not really considering aftermarket unless there is something decent that is cheap, and I might not do it at all since my tires are good and I'm cheap...

Thanks, Doug

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys. The problem is that 25 page threads are not very useful unless what you need is pinned on the first page. It appears to me that all of the newer factory 18” wheels have too much offset for an 05-09 OB. If I’m not mistaken, the place where clearances an issue is on the inside (at least with wheels that are 7-8” wide)... Doug

Thanks guys. The problem is that 25 page threads are not very useful unless what you need is pinned on the first page. It appears to me that all of the newer factory 18” wheels have too much offset for an 05-09 OB. If I’m not mistaken, the place where clearances an issue is on the inside (at least with wheels that are 7-8” wide)... Doug

I ran 255/40/18 18x9 et40. I ran into no issues on the inside with the suspension components. I did rub the rear inner fender liner. I was lowered to lower than a Legacy. Use those numbers on a site like willtheyfit.com to compare to the stock wheel / tire set-up. Then compare whatever set-up you are considering to that to understand where it might rub.

Alternatively, just go to tirerack.com plug in your car and buy the wheel / tire package that appeals to you the most.

Note: the above advice only applies if you aren't lowered. If you are lowered you will probably rub on the OEM set-up somewhere.

sorry. you read the first page and came up with that?

a 4th gen lgt and a 4th gen ob are same chassis

Yes, not reading through 25 pages of frequently not helpful comments. There is an Outback section on the first page, no 18 inch Forrester or newer Outback wheels are listed there (probably because they don’t fit). All of the 18 inch Forrester and outback wheels that I came across, 7 inch or 8 inch width, are 55mm offset which puts them much further inboard than the stock wheels. I really wasn’t considering aftermarket 18 inch wheels for a couple reasons, so it looks like it’s a no go for me, which is also much cheaper ;)