LegacyGT.com

05 LGT advice needed

I have an 05 LGT and I have a few parts meant for the 05 and 06 LGT but I’m thinking that if I get them installed, they will cancel each other’s performance improvements and the effect will just slow my turbocharged car down. I have a Cobb Accessport v3 currently installed, a Sick Speed 80mm throttle body, I’m getting a eBay FMIC installed and eventually I want to get an AWD and or with a RWD selection option installed. This where I need advice and help because I know what I want to do but I’m not exactly sure.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what??? aftermarket tb? awd rwd selection?

Looks like you are going way of the rails, in a bad way! You can't have both awd and rwd, its one or the other. Best option is some kind of dccd, but you would need a different tranny i believe.

What turbo are you using, stock? If you have the cash get the grimmspeed tmic.

Before any of that nonsense, you get an uncatted uppipe, and a 3" downpipe.

This thread should put things in perspective! Your changing things you don't need, and wasting your time and money basically. The stock system is very stout, and with minimal changes you can get the best bang for your buck.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turboi-wiki-twist-178684.html

Edited by Tehnation

You need to cover the basics before you install a throttle body. Is that throttle body plug and play with our engine harness? Does it work with our ecu? I rarely hear of people changing the throttle body, so I'm curious.

Careful of the ebay fmic kits, a lot of them require a bunch of modification, most aren't a direct bolt on kit.

Someone needs to set you straight!

Edited by Tehnation

I have a Sick Speed 80mm throttle body, it’s not plug and play, I just bought gasket material and I may need 4 long enough bolts to install it on my car, I read online about the Nissan Skyline r32 AWD with the RWD option but I just heard from a body repair guy I know that a 1990’s Dodge Durango has that same setup. I’m on a pretty strict budget which is why I have been buy most of the car accessories or car mods off eBay.

The only thing I have in my possession is the quick release steering wheel hub with the steering wheel, I just took the the piece for the fmic conversion and the TB to the body repair guy where he has the adjustable spoiler that I ordered for my car, I want to mod my car but I want to keep it street legal. I’ve had this steering on 2 other cars before they were damaged.

I plan on getting an up pipe and a down pipe, I’m trying to get as much as I can out of this car, performance, handling, braking, exterior and interior even though my life right now is on a fairly tight budget.

I wouldn't mess with the throttlebody on your setup, no point it just makes things complicated for no reason with no real gains.....

detachable steering wheel wtf?? I think your wasting your money on silly stuff, the side dishes. You need to focus on the meat and potatoes.

I dont think the throttle body on our cars is a real restrictor with your set up. I would also get a vf52 or 16g turbo before the fmic. Also make sure you get a tune after those mods, these cars are very picky. Also you said you are on a tight budget so why go for a extra stuff like a spoiler and detachable steering wheel?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Edited by dwmccauley01

Our drivetrain isn't like a fwd car with a 4 wheel drive option. You may be able to make some serious modification to make it possible but it would likely be time consuming and very expensive

Automatic or manual? There are dhift kits for the automatics which greatly increase durability and performance.

Edited by dwmccauley01

Op: I was a honduh owner for years, then I found an lgt for sale super cheap. I'm now using my honduh knowledge to class up this pos lgt. Ebay and randos I meet have been very helpful in parts selection. I'm posting here so you bad b!tches can see my awesomeness while fixing some small issues.

Forum: uh, you don't need any of those engine parts

Op: I built my honduh just fine and I figured out google search and I watched Tokyo Drift so many times. The detachable steering wheel is so someone doesn't steal my drift car...yanno the one with switchable rwd/awd I kludged from an early 90's dodge power wagon.

Forum: :spin: sigh another lgt is doomed for part out/crushing

Op: rage quit

CL: fir sale lgt parts cheap as insurance coming to get car soon because https://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-latest-tuner-fad-476127945

Forum: :bbq:

How long before "ynansb" ?

Really, slow down. If your on a tight budget, your in for a steep learning curve with the car.

You have already wasted a lot of money.

The Cobb AP is the only thing you need to start with.

The catless upipe and catted downpipe are the next step, once you've made sure the engine is in good shape and up to the added HP stress.

These cars will turn into a "money pit" quickly.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Only other upgrade I’m going to do is the cold air intake.

You don't need a cold air intake. It is not going to make your car faster and unless it is tuned for its going to cause issues. Larger throttle body cause drivability issue. Except for maybe an all race build, no 2.5 is going to move enough air for 80mm throttle body. You don't have a 1000hp car. Forget what you learned about Honda's. Go through your cars maintenance and follow what the staged mod path on the forum and what has been suggested above. While you doing the up pipe/ down pipe check the turbo for play.

If you want argue about a cold air intake, the current air intake or the oem air intake is restricted, use your common sense or your eyes and just look at. It goes in through all that BS plastic piping or tubing just visualize and try to think about it, aside from the Cobb v3 accessport, the exhaust and the intake are must do right away if you like tuning your car.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Flegacygt%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D121773&share_tid=121773&share_fid=5383&share_type=t&link_source=app

Its not about restriction and more about air density. Read post #18. The stock intake is pulling all its air from the grill which is the coldest it can be. Any other "CAI" will just be pulling in hot air from the engine.

Don't get me wrong, I've been running one for awhile now with a heat shield and the stock snorkel, but, in the end they are just noise makers and do not increase power by any significant amount. I just like turbo noises

Edited by dwmccauley01