LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

a different color on each corner?

Now I may be pretty flamboyant, with rainbow bike wheels and my road bike being sparkly pink with a leopard print fork.

But I fully support this idea... part of me likes having a nice, understated, silver outback. Part of me wants the loud, boy racer, giant wing, bov, gold wheeled wrx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replace the Pioneer nav microphone and relocated the GPS antenna which resulted in slightly better accuracy but still not good enough. Installed the Grimmspeed Pitch Stop mount along with a new transmission mounting bracket.

Oh boy! Mom, I made it :spin: I always wanted to be a part of club :lol:

L/R for the second! We gotta do the same thing - all two of us.

I made sure to dip my fingers in oil and prep the lens for these photos, since we love potatoes so much. I will post better photos at some point.

These were the last two in gunmetal, so I will be powder coating the two silver ones to match, eventually. Looks like I will need to lower it a little more to eliminate wheel gap. Ultimately, it's similar to Gex's setup. https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gexs-2005-rbp-wagon-218923.html The only difference is I have -10 offset on him and my tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. At some point this weekend I need to throw on the LGT rear LCAs I've been holding onto, knock out bushings, and then take the wagon to PIA for an alignment. Everyone seems to like that place.

I thought walking out with a set of quality, good looking, albeit mismatched, wheels for $1k was ideal? What happened?

Aren't MPS4S dedicated summers? Don't get much snow where you are in WA?

Replace the Pioneer nav microphone and relocated the GPS antenna which resulted in slightly better accuracy but still not good enough. Installed the Grimmspeed Pitch Stop mount along with a new transmission mounting bracket.

Noticeable increase in cabin noise after the pitch stop install?

That uses a urethane bushing instead of the stock rubber one right? (Along with aluminum body vs plastic)

I have long since thought the Beatrush pitch stop mount I have transfers a lot of noise from engine bay to cabin. The bushing is ridiculously stiff.

Noticeable increase in cabin noise after the pitch stop install?

That uses a urethane bushing instead of the stock rubber one right? (Along with aluminum body vs plastic)

I have long since thought the Beatrush pitch stop mount I have transfers a lot of noise from engine bay to cabin. The bushing is ridiculously stiff.

Compare to the Torque Solutions I used before, none. Compared to the Group N mount very little. I did notice an immediate shifting improvement compared to the Group N pitch stop.

It is an aluminum body with urethane bushing (rating of 80).

washington gets snow about every 7 years. Anyone who lives here takes the day off to watch yt videos of city buses driving up/down the hills. Imagine San Francisco with snow. On some hills, ppl literally setup viewing platforms to watch the festivities.

The rest of the time summer tires are the orders of the day being summer tires have way more wet grip than all-season. All-season uniformly suck in all weather. In actual summer, the fast kids drive on slicks.

Got this thing for my birthday and put it on, because my family is neat/beaten down into believing dumpster wagon parts are a good gift in my book. Definitely needs something stuffed between the top of the bumper beam and the top of the bumper cover to close up the gap to the bottom of the grille. Trying to decide if I should paint the mesh black, and paint the trim to match the car.

IMG_20200217_103012.thumb.jpg.e93d7d5f15434ffd4634f98ce04c376e.jpg

Got this thing for my birthday and put it on, because my family is neat/beaten down into believing dumpster wagon parts are a good gift in my book. Definitely needs something stuffed between the top of the bumper beam and the top of the bumper cover to close up the gap to the bottom of the grille. Trying to decide if I should paint the mesh black, and paint the trim to match the car.

FYI, the best way to really get it flush is to use a heat gun on the bumper.

not a fan. Seems like it's missing something. Maybe put the hella horns in the space for color? Otherwise its an unlikely eye draw

Color match some hella horns?

I was actually thinking maybe I'd color match the normally chrome trim on my outback in the future. That could be cool.

Also just painted me subaru emblem so the background is color matched. Could do stars and mesh in black?

I've only been up here since Thanksgiving, so and in that time it has snowed 3x. So far I've heard everything Boxita has said, he is a native after all.

If I drive my car any more than 10 miles, it is because I wanted to. Everything I need is within 10 miles of my residence, so on the off chance we do have a snow day, I think I could be safe enough to drive the couple miles to the grocery and back.

As for the MPS4S being dedicated summer tires, Boxita nailed it. They grip great in the rain, but even better in the dry. My OEM wheels have fresh Dunlop Signature HPs which lines up in Tire Racks Ultra High Performance All Season category: "Responsive handling, very good on dry and wet roads plus adequate winter traction. Reasonable comfort and tread life." And those jokers handled great in both wet and dry traction scenarios. I am still shocked by the tires abilities for an "all-season" tire. Highly recommended. I bought a set for my 3.0R first.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I ended up getting one too a while back. I never bothered to fix the my gap, but maybe I will some day with foam or something else. I really wanted to paint mine the factory grille grayish color with the flakes. I just really liked that color on the factory grill. The closest thing to that color is Onyx Gray Metallic, and it is pretty spot on. One of the FOZ guys did this to their XT, and it came out fantastic. Ultimately, the black grew on me, and ended up fitting well with the theme.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Color match some hella horns?

I was actually thinking maybe I'd color match the normally chrome trim on my outback in the future. That could be cool.

Also just painted me subaru emblem so the background is color matched. Could do stars and mesh in black?

My best friend gifted me some Hella Sharptones for Christmas. I bought some years ago, but gave them to him for Christmas because there was a transmission cooling line, or some sort of line, in the way of where the mounting bracket would go (3.0R).

TLDR I might drop them off with the wheels to get powder coated in gunmetal.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

My best friend gifted me some Hella Sharptones for Christmas. I bought some years ago, but gave them to him for Christmas because there was a transmission cooling line, or some sort of line, in the way of where the mounting bracket would go (3.0R).

low-temp powder coating? like the aero (boeing) system? or bob's backyard bbq and powdercoat? There's some folklore about low-temp being better for wheels. ymmv.

Its snowed in tacompton 3x in last 5 months? I've been awol avoiding the clouds for awhile so don't know.

Not a bad thought. That was my thinking between color match and black mesh, though maybe that's not enough. Subaru logo?

its your car...

however the blue car, blacked out lights, and black pit of the grill give a grunge look to the car. Its not a great look drawing the eye to the least interesting feature (grill). putting the logo in there offset might help. You could go with a unique logo and do like the ford raptor grill bringing it flush to the hood line.

Dark red or burnt orange hella covers mounted in front of the grill gives eye something to see. Or use an eye-seering color to really zap it

I want to do my brake calipers with g2 purple. When I do that, I'll also be doing the stars on the emblem, and my hella horns. I might remake a better bracket for those....

It's not as noticeable on the face lift outback due to the grill but you'll see it if you know to look.

Replaced the driver's side actuator. What a pain in the ass. I am a petite flower (5' 110 lbs). I don't know how normal sized peeps can do it. I scraped up my knuckles, bleed on my new car, but finally got it done. Had to take out the window and the track. So thankful for the posted videos and instructions. Saved me $400, which is what the dealer wanted to do this.:spin:

For the future, any body shop can do the same job for less $$$ than the Dealership.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not a bad thought. That was my thinking between color match and black mesh, though maybe that's not enough. Subaru logo?

I went through this and for me the solution was to switch out to a honeycomb specB grill.

Conceptually, I liked the open grill; in reality, I found that I could do that with the Madrig hood scoop and that I liked the nose better with a grill that followed the body lines.

Replaced the driver's side actuator. What a pain in the ass. I am a petite flower (5' 110 lbs). I don't know how normal sized peeps can do it. I scraped up my knuckles, bleed on my new car, but finally got it done. Had to take out the window and the track. So thankful for the posted videos and instructions. Saved me $400, which is what the dealer wanted to do this.:spin:

I remember having to do this as well, though IIRC my cable just had to be reconnected. I also found out the hard way that the felt guides for the windows can catch sand that can scratch the windows.I washed them while I was at the actuator and was amazed at the amount of dirt that came off of them. My passenger is out now too so I'll have to get to that.

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Started up the wagon for the first time in a couple weeks. Gave it a chance to idle and took it for a nice 20 min drive, uninspected.

Noticed once I got it into the light that the dash has a white hazing on it, hard to describe, but not wet or sticky. Cleaned and polished it out, but didn't love seeing whatever it was. Garaged for months now.

Also, regarding shops not doing their job. That breath hose is still leaking oil on top of the motor and they had the manifold lifted for the turbo/inlet install. Pretty sure they never replaced the hose in fact, it was covered in oil :mad:

Noticed once I got it into the light that the dash has a white hazing on it, hard to describe, but not wet or sticky. Cleaned and polished it out, but didn't love seeing whatever it was. Garaged for months now.

I had the same white 'dust' on my dash last winter while it was garaged the whole time since I was working on it. I thought it was general dust from me working on the underside in a closed garage for months but now maybe not....at least 05 doesn't have sticky dash issues!

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Same here. I still have SEM plastic paint leftover from a previous project that I will use to recover this dash. I had an '08 sticky dash which I had fixed up but then the dash started cracking. I'll be sticking with the '05.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

low-temp powder coating? like the aero (boeing) system? or bob's backyard bbq and powdercoat? There's some folklore about low-temp being better for wheels. ymmv.

Its snowed in tacompton 3x in last 5 months? I've been awol avoiding the clouds for awhile so don't know.

Tacompton :lol: It was all with in about a week of each other. Two days, and the third it snowed heavy for 20mins - so I guess two and a half. I take for granted the clear, cloudless skies down south. This week has been absolutely beautiful up here. And Monday was my first day seeing a cloudless sky up here since I've been here. I wanna say it was about the 10th time I've seen the sun.

Hmmm. I'll need to look into it way more before I decide how and who is going to powder coat them. Thanks for the heads up.

MILKRUN  - Click Here