LegacyGT.com

Help stuck in a lot with a dead battery. Hood wont open! Latch makes noise but

Doesnt open

EDIT: IT's Open thanks to (MOST) of your help.

If this happens to you, have someone hold the hood release in the open position and open the hood even though it doesn't pop up.

Next question...could someone direct me to a way to adjust the latch now that it's open?

The cable actuates the latch but it does not pop up.

Thanks!

Edited by Countchocula

If this happens to you, have someone hold the hood release in the open position and open the hood even though it doesn't pop up.

Next question...could someone direct me to a way to adjust the latch now that it's open?

The cable actuates the latch but it does not pop up.

Thanks!

With the hood open take some motor oil and drip it onto the hood spring locking mechanism. Lower the hood onto the safety latch, but don't close the hood fully. Then actuate the hood on the spring mechanism back and forth a half dozen times.

Close hood fully, go about your life. Lube your latch regularly! Just did my specB the other day.

With the hood open take some motor oil and drip it onto the hood spring locking mechanism. Lower the hood onto the safety latch, but don't close the hood fully. Then actuate the hood on the spring mechanism back and forth a half dozen times.

Close hood fully, go about your life. Lube your latch regularly! Just did my specB the other day.

i always just spray it down with some silicon spray when i'm lubing up the door weather seals every year. keeps it working pretty good in my books, but same general idea

If you're jammed up in a parking lot or gas station, and have limited supplies it works great. Idk if I keep silicone/penetrating spray with me on the road all the time, probably do have it in my trunk though.