LegacyGT.com

90k Service

My car is due for it's 90k service. From what I've found, here is what needs done:

Coolant Flush/Inspect System - SUBARU Super Coolant

Front Diff/Trans - GL-5 (75W-90) [4qts]

Rear Diff - GL-5 (75W-90) [1qt] (T-Type) THREE BOND 1105 (Part No. 004403010) or equivalent for drain plug

Brake Fluid - DOT3 or DOT4

Inspect Fuel Lines

Inspect Turbo Coolant Lines

Is that everything? Also, I can't find which gasket goes on the front drain plug. I think it's either 803916100 or 803926090.

My car is due for it's 90k service. From what I've found, here is what needs done:

Coolant Flush/Inspect System - SUBARU Super Coolant

Front Diff/Trans - GL-5 (75W-90) [4qts]

Rear Diff - GL-5 (75W-90) [1qt] (T-Type) THREE BOND 1105 (Part No. 004403010) or equivalent for drain plug

Brake Fluid - DOT3 or DOT4

Inspect Fuel Lines

Inspect Turbo Coolant Lines

Is that everything? Also, I can't find which gasket goes on the front drain plug. I think it's either 803916100 or 803926090.

The coolant should just be an inspection. It has 135k mile interval, but I would just do it with the timing belt. Technically the driveline fluid are just inspections as well, but they are not a bad idea to do especially if they have never been done.

The front differential is part of the MT change. You just need the MT plug gasket 803926090

I'm doing it. From what I read on cars101.com, these were the things that need to be serviced. So, from what you are saying I don't need to do all this? What about the brake fluid flush?

Also, attached is the 60k service the PO had done at the dealer (they had everything done at the dealer). It looks like everything was replaced or flushed by the looks of it.

2016-11-11.pdf

Edited by Falcor

I'm doing it. From what I read on cars101.com, these were the things that need to be serviced. So, from what you are saying I don't need to do all this? What about the brake fluid flush?

Also, attached is the 60k service the PO had done at the dealer (they had everything done at the dealer). It looks like everything was replaced or flushed by the looks of it.

Wow, the prior owner did quite a bit a the 60k service. This schedule which matches the maintenance book I have.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/maintenance2.html

Brake fluid flush, yes every 30k miles and it is a good habit for all cars.

I am a fan of changing the MT fluid every 30k miles. I would use a better fluid like the Motul Gear300 75w90. I like the Subaru Extra MT even better but the last time I checked, Subaru only sold it in 5 gallon pails.

I did the rear end fluid on my 2.5i at 20k miles and it had the break in metal in that change. I did it again at 60k miles and the fluid still looked new. It is not that hard to do, but I am fine every 60k for the rear end. (I have similar experience, my Legacy GT and Outback in terms of rear end fluid looked)

If you're looking to do some additional maintenance, the fuel filter assembly is listed at 60k miles.

Just because I really don't know, doe the MT and front diff share the same fluid? Also, I need to check, but I think the PO had the fuel filter changed. If not, is it accessed below the rear seat? Never done it on something that was not a body on frame vehicle, so that meant dropping the tank.

Correct on both- the trans and front diff operate out of the same supply of fluid, so all you need there is the gasket dgoodhue mentioned, a Torx T50 (pretty sure) bit for the drain plg, and a piece of 5/16" or 3/8" vinyl tubing to stuff in the dipstick tube. Rear diff is just a 1/2" square for both fill and drain, just and you just need to slather a little RTV on the plugs (they're NPT or BSPT or some other tapered thread) before you reinstall them, no gaskets needed there. The fuel filter is attached to the pump assembly, and that's going to be accessible under the seat. If it's not causing you problems, I might just leave it, but if you're going to pull it, step 1 is the same as on a body-on-frame vehicle- get the tank as close to empty as you can before you start.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5294205&postcount=1636

The second part number is the filter itself the first is the assembly. I would just change the sock filter unless you have reason to believe you need the whole assembly. Now if I was going to add a new pump I might just go ahead and order the whole shebang and then just drop it right in.