LegacyGT.com

Front axles an hubs

Non OEM hubs tend to have problems on the gt's. If you search around it's a well known issue. Worse on automatics, not always an issue on manuals.

For hubs, don't go OEM. Get something off rockauto. There's a good post in the jpm idea-web links sticky. But basically just get a reputable brand. Moog and SKF and I think some other good options. They will last longer than OEM likely.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

in that sticky you'll find the answers and more.

Agree to rebuild your OEM axles if possible.

Moogs hubs work on the rear the fronts are more picky, there are a few that will work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There are companies that sell only rebuilt OEM axles, but will only take OEM as cores and still under $100 if I recall after core charge.

CVJ axles did mine in 2017:

"We currently have that CVJ Remanufactured CV Axle in stock.

CVJ part number 8101.

Your cost is 94.00 plus a core charge of $35 each. Plus freight (UPS ground) which is about $20.00 within the US."

Edited by BoozeRS05

I replaced my RF bearing with a Timken from RockAuto yesterday. I knew the axle boots were starting to fling some grease but the RF was torn all the way around and dumping grease on the ground. I got one from Advance for $80 because it was already apart. I figured if it gives me a problem, I can return it. I hit 80mph with no vibration on acceleration so I'm calling it good...for now. The abs sensor bolt snapped off in the knuckle so I had to drill it out and re-tap the hole, something to keep in mind.

I used Raxles.com. Here is their reply from a few years back:

Thank you for you inquiry! The axles for your 2005 Outback are $199.95 per side. We have them in stock. Please keep in mind when comparing prices that at Raxles we use NEW outer joints on all of our axles. (An industry exclusive)(See our website

http://www.raxles.com/no_regrind.aspx for further elaboration on this important fact). We build these out of HD NEW components using Amsoil Polymeric synthetic grease, new nuts,roll pins, Harmonic Dampeners!, and the BEST CV boots. Shipping for the pair to NY is $49.85.We charge no core charge "up front" and we include a UPS ARS pre-paid return label with your order. Let me know if I can be of help!

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread