LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Continuing our server optimization and archiving of older threads. Previous thread (V2) is now found in the Archive: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/did-you-do-your-6th-gen-today-thread-vol-2-256186.html Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

IcEWoLF,

RE: your reply in the vol. 2 of this thread:

That's perfect! I'm not sure if I'd go glossy, but it does look a lot better than the stock chrome.

//

I've had tint done at the same shop around here for the past 4-5 cars. The guy who has done it each time mentioned that he could cover the chrome bits with tint, and that it would look great. Has anyone tried this - have pictures to show?

I don't recall how much he said he would do it for, because I also asked for OTD cost for that, clear bra, rear bumper protector, as well as a couple of other things, all together.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

With tint film? I’d avoid tint film, go for vinyl wrap. You can go matte or whatever style you want. I went with Avery Dennison because of the warranty and the shop backs up their products 100%.

The key thing is the installer has to prep the trims, clean surface and they have to take time to tuck every edge in, they have to pay close attention and they need to make sure they don’t start cutting in your paint or window rubber seals. It’s very important that they don’t do that.

For me gloss works with the grille, but I think matte would look good as well, the gloss doesn’t stand out much on my car, so it’s not super obvious.

Key thing is, your installer should use decent brand vinyl wrap that won’t peel. They need to take time on the top edges because that’s where it takes the most time because it’s a pain. The bottom trim is easy. The front window visor area was a pita from what I heard from the installer.

I got off late from work so I didn’t get a chance to take close up shots, gonna try to take some pics tomorrow.

Absolutely love it, man. That was my 2nd color choice and you've really accented it nicely. If they made lower grill insert to match the JDM I'd have to jump on both.

I don’t think there is a jdm one yet, I might go for an aftermarket one when it’s available.

Btw here is a picture of the sports model grille, it was at the dealer detail shop, and it looks nice, it has a nice gloss finish, if the 3.6 model would have came with it I might not have upgraded my grille:

ora7i2a.jpg

nMB48SK.jpg

Very nice!

//

I ran out of time to work on the Legacy, but I was able to bleed and lube the brakes and then swapped to AS wheel/tire set for the FXT.

I'm hoping to have time to remove the winters and install the BBS/DWS tomorrow for the Leggy.

'15 FB25

I was in here looking for some info on the platform and lurking...

BBS & DWS here, along with the Sport Grille. Just on your bigger cousin..

908b5c10d070807acf9162418d79ef7b.jpg

a6beb954c0f191bd6b880aaed97fb6fa.jpg

Very nice!

//

I ran out of time to work on the Legacy, but I was able to bleed and lube the brakes and then swapped to AS wheel/tire set for the FXT.

I'm hoping to have time to remove the winters and install the BBS/DWS tomorrow for the Leggy.

Edited by OB_18

Yay received pretty much all the parts I need,except for the right rotor which won’t be here til Thursday,,I will test fit it tom morning and see if my 17”s will clear it,,also will install it either Friday or Saturday,,I will try to install it without drilling or tapping the knuckle by replacing the threaded washer insert on calipers from 14mm to 12mm inserts

IMG_4519.thumb.JPG.af8b5365029cebe121d478a3da3a11f8.JPG

That looks amazing.

+1! :cool:

//

While swapping out the winters for AS setup, I bled the brake fluid and lubed the front brakes yesterday.

This is the first time installing my recently-purchased STI take-offs (BBS), and I have to say they look way better than I thought they would. I'm also glad to say that they're balanced and drove well (always a worry when purchasing used).

'15 FB25

Ordered the STI Pedals, should arrive by Friday. Gonna install them next week.

When I went to the dealership, 3 salesmen where checking out the car because the grille is something they haven’t seen. Their look was like, where the hell did he get that from.

Swapped out my High Beams with some PIAA Solar Yellow's.. Just something different not a fan of headlight mods.. I dont use High Beams much because I have upgraded fogs..20180409_183337.thumb.jpg.cc54032893229f9e76c8570bac02abe6.jpg[ATTACH]263976[/ATTACH][ATTACH]263974[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just finished test fitting ATS Calipers and went well, my 17x7.5 40 wheels cleared it,no grinding the caliper at all,also no need to remove dust shield just need to cut about and 1inch on top of it.going to my local hardware to find some 12mm washer inserts for caliper so don’t need to drill or tap knuckles..and gonna be painting calipers so it won’t be on till weekend:)

IMG_4521.thumb.JPG.b85277a10e1d9041aec63a3da5dc5ced.JPG

IMG_4523.thumb.JPG.8003e6506d74a462e56201b22fe16745.JPG

IMG_4520.thumb.JPG.adccb6c1bd04b65f515798f8805f3080.JPG

IMG_4525.thumb.JPG.caa0d25cae86bad143a7235c0e53d84d.JPG

Edited by PATS4LIFE