LegacyGT.com

Strange reading on my odometer

I was driving two days ago in the rain and after about an hour I notice my odometer swtiching to "ill.3"

Yes it was at its normal reading of 42,312 and than would randomly switch to "ill.3" I think the "3" was actually a backwards "E". Does anyone know what this was? The LGT was driving perfect, no problems before during or after. It switched at least 3 or 4 times. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

05' LGT Wagon with 5 Spd The Coolest Mod ! :dm:

Ill3 stands for Illumination 3. It is the reading of the brightness of your factory gauge lights. The brightness goes from 1-6...6 being the brightest. There is a dial adjustment to the left of the steering column....if you move the dial, you'll see Ill3 appear and change as you dim or brighten the lights.

My 05 LGT sometimes does the samething. From time to time I see this appear. And I forget to mention it when I bring it in. I don't think it is anything to worry about.

KevinH

I was driving two days ago in the rain and after about an hour I notice my odometer swtiching to "ill.3"

Yes it was at its normal reading of 42,312 and than would randomly switch to "ill.3" I think the "3" was actually a backwards "E". Does anyone know what this was? The LGT was driving perfect, no problems before during or after. It switched at least 3 or 4 times. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

First post and donating member already! Wow, welcome.

Archived