LegacyGT.com

Front Windshield Trim needs replacement

My front windshield's trim is starting to curl up and off the lip of the windshield.

I have been researching and I think this is the part - COWL PANEL ASSEMBLY but it looks like this is the bottom part too. I just need the plastic strip.

Does anyone know what this part is called and where I can get it?

Is it as easy as popping it off and snapping the new one on?

• 3 years later...

Honestly, I'd probably just silicone / RTV it back in place too, if it were mine.

But I'm not all that picky about having factory-fresh fixes.

Have a look around here to find the right P/N, and then go order that for yourself:

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/

Probably it is on this page: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_7/body_equipment_exterior/cowl_panel/

• 1 month later...

OP, if you haven't already glued this, or if weights don't work, go ahead and take the cowl off, and use painter's tape to keep it in place overnight. I was shocked how easy it is to remove the cowl (just undo the wiper arms, and then a dozen plastic clips).

Ignore me if you've already glued it, LOL!

OP, if you haven't already glued this, or if weights don't work, go ahead and take the cowl off, and use painter's tape to keep it in place overnight. I was shocked how easy it is to remove the cowl (just undo the wiper arms, and then a dozen plastic clips).

Ignore me if you've already glued it, LOL!

Can you please clarify what your approach does?

It allows for an easy way to keep pressure on the strip while the glue sets up instead of trying to rest something on the windshield and hope it applies enough pressure and doesn't fall off or something. Either way should work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk