LegacyGT.com

Wheels That Fit The '05-'08 Legacy and Outback

axis008

• 6 months later...

Enkei Raijin R18 8.5J ET45 235/40 Dunlop tires :) Stock Spec.B struts (Bilstein) with STI Pink springs from a JDM S402 Legacy. Had to roll rear fenders.

http://i.imgur.com/nJf2TJo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ukHO59M.jpg

• 3 months later...
Stupid question probably, heard it discussed but no definitive answers or pics:

Will the BBS RC wheel from a VW fit out cars? The bore is 1mm off (larger i believe) and the offset makes the wheel stick towards the fender a bit more but I am liking the look and the price.

Anyone? Would love to see a pic, saw some on a WRX but not a legacy. Would love to know if they work

Anyone have any more info on this? I really like that wheel, but I'm hesitant to buy them with out knowing.

• 1 year later...
Considering 18" options but looking for the right width and offset to go with 245/45/18 on a OBXT stock height. 8 or 8.5" +42 or +48? Not sure why I'm looking at wheel options cause I was just looking into AOS options, now I'm here... Need to get back to the AOS reading.

Considering 18" options but looking for the right width and offset to go with 245/45/18 on a OBXT stock height. 8 or 8.5" +42 or +48? Not sure why I'm looking at wheel options cause I was just looking into AOS options, now I'm here... Need to get back to the AOS reading.

I would recommend going with a 8.5" wide wheel if you want to run a 245. Offset wise on stock suspension, you can run the +42 with no issues assuming that those are your only two options.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2007 WRX wheels (17x7 +55 offset, with 215/45 tires) on 2005 Outback (factory wheels are 17x7 +48 offset, with 225/55 tires). Rear wheels slightly rubbing on springs during bumps/acceleration/turns. Will probably need to install spacers if I want to install 225/55 tires. However not sure how safe lugnuts will be after installing spacer?

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/gen-3-2005-2009/422801d1524546781-what-did-you-do-your-3rd-gen-ob-today-20180423_211906.jpg

Edited by armageddon528

2007 WRX wheels (17x7 +55 offset, with 215/45 tires) on 2005 Outback (factory wheels are 17x7 +48 offset, with 225/55 tires). Rear wheels slightly rubbing on springs during bumps/acceleration/turns. Will probably need to install spacers if I want to install 225/55 tires. However not sure how safe lugnuts will be after installing spacer?

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/gen-3-2005-2009/422801d1524546781-what-did-you-do-your-3rd-gen-ob-today-20180423_211906.jpg

A small slip on spacer such as a 5mm should be okay. Anything thicker, I would get extended wheel studs or bolt on spacers instead. Sounds like you only need a small slip on though

A small slip on spacer such as a 5mm should be okay. Anything thicker, I would get extended wheel studs or bolt on spacers instead. Sounds like you only need a small slip on though

Yep! Just measured "number of lugnut turns" until fully tighten - 10 full turns with WRX wheels.

As thread is 1.25mm pitch, 5mm spacer will take away 4 turns. That should leave me 6 full turns to secure lugnuts. Ordered these spacers, will report back/edit post once installed

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
WORK XT-7 18x8.5 +46mm MGS w/ Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 245/45-18 on an '05 OBXT lowered 1.5" on Megan Racing Outback Specific Coilovers. No rolling required. Probably won't fit stock setup due to larger front suspension diameter. My vBGarage.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/New%20gear/DSC_7460.jpg

Anyone out there modestly lowered their OB like Scooby is or know of anyone lowered like him? With no rub issues and no rolling or trimming?

Seeing if LGT height shocks/struts and 245 or 235 /45/18x8 et45 wheels would work on my OB without any issues? Im thinking these tires/rim combo would be almost like Scoobys 8.5in wheels with et46. Thinking about getting gramlights 57transcends

And even if it works, im usually rolling with a full car load of kids and gear. Might have to get stiffer shocks too so that I dont sag as much to induce rub

Edited by kaitanium

• 1 month later...
I recently bought a set of Konig Lace 17x7 48mm offset for $300. Found a new set of Kumho 225 45 17. Pretty much stock size, so no fitment issues. Like the look. Will try to post pics soon.

• 3 months later...

Ahhh but you can start picking up some good parts as they go back to stock... Wheels as well. 06 XT is not going anywhere as long as I can keep justifying it. :)

Still keep wanting a 245/45/18 setup with stock XT struts. Just don't know if a +45 8.5x18 rim is going to work. Need to go hit up wheeldude in Fremont to see how far they ave pushed the limits.

Ahhh but you can start picking up some good parts as they go back to stock... Wheels as well. 06 XT is not going anywhere as long as I can keep justifying it. :)

Still keep wanting a 245/45/18 setup with stock XT struts. Just don't know if a +45 8.5x18 rim is going to work. Need to go hit up wheeldude in Fremont to see how far they ave pushed the limits.

whoa didnt even know wheeldude was that close to us in fremont. We should both pull up to him at the same time and pick his brain haha. Only thing im not sure about are Rota wheels he seems to be popular for. Hoping they start flow forming their lineup otherwise Id always question the reliability of the car when i drive.

Looks like a few have done it with the 245/45/18 setup which is what im aiming for. See ScoobySTi07's post above as one example, there are others also who run that size. I've probably asked hundreds of people myself already too and that size is totally doable as long as you dont slam your car. If you dont lower your car, that tire fits with no probs also. The more popular size is the 245/40/18 on coils or LGT struts from my research. Stock sized 225/50 or 235/50 tires you could probably slam your car more.

Anyone feel free to correct me but this is what ive found out after asking tons of people on instagram and here on the forums too.

Far as I can tell yeah. I stab at comparison searches sporadically.

You touch on a small concern of the Rota construction. I found them base on looking for a shop that had a good relation ship with Rota. Of course higher level of construction comes at a cost. These Rota's look to be my choice preference so far... Also like the fact there are a couple of options for offset. +42 and +44 are both options it seems.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and confirming what I'm reading. :)

Far as I can tell yeah. I stab at comparison searches sporadically.

You touch on a small concern of the Rota construction. I found them base on looking for a shop that had a good relation ship with Rota. Of course higher level of construction comes at a cost. These Rota's look to be my choice preference so far... Also like the fact there are a couple of options for offset. +42 and +44 are both options it seems.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and confirming what I'm reading. :)

i might just stick with the stock tire size and go 18in rims. Likely no rub issues. The tires cant poke out much beyond stock before hitting the fender (if lowered and you compress fully) if you dont roll/cut.

ive always looked at the rota g-force or tarmac 3 as my idea wheels but i always keep coming back to quality issues. Better wheels do cost about 2x more. Case and point SSR GTV02 vs Rota Tarmac. These wheels mostly knock off most expensive Volks though. But then again, a billion people have rotas. I would love to pick wheeldudes mind to see how many issues hes had or hasnt had with his customers and rotas. Im hoping at some point enkei releases a wheel thats like the tarmac or gforce :p. Enkei TS9 might be an option for me.

Edited by kaitanium

• 6 months later...
Anyone actually test fit a 16” RS wheel yet?? Saw a couple people talking about but never verified

May depend on the break package. Possibly on an OB that was not converted to LGT calipers and rotors.

• 1 month later...

Braid Fullrace A 16x7 et32.

Probably should have gone et30 for a tad more flush. Wheels are tucked just a tad. Not bad though. Although if you don't run -2.1 camber it would probably be perfect at et32.

16" wheel that clears Brembos, so should clear Legacy GT brakes just fine.21f838ec472bccbd632135370ba8e912.jpg6e15ef10188bf95c7491981d2e500f9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...