LegacyGT.com

05 lgt wagon Heat / AC Issues.

Hope everyone is well.

I am helping my brother in law with his Subaru and I am curious what could be wrong here. If he turns on the heat or AC the blower doesn't turn on and nothing happens. Cluster does light up and has adjustments however the blower doesn't run..

Any ideas is this could be a relay , a servo ? He just said it didn't work one day just like that. Prior the blower showed no signs of failure..

Check the blower motor, it's under the glove box. Give it a couple bumps with your fist and see if it starts working.

I will do that , he had a new blower motor but by all means isn't a car person. I just got the CEL off from one of the tumbler valves Being stuck closed and a it needed a gas cap. No CEL but still has a not so pleasant idle. Going to go over the vaccum line's , change the plugs , and clean Maf , Egr and check pvc valve to see if I can get it to idle as it should. Thanks

If a couple taps does nothing, check for power and ground at the motor. If you dont have power, check the fuses first. If you don't have ground, check the blower motor resistor.

Looking at fuel trims should give you a general idea of where to look for fixing the idle.

Edited by 08SpecB_DE