LegacyGT.com

Invidia Q300 exhaust/rear sway bar problem

NP. :) It's something that many of us are still trying to work out - myself included. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Currently still on stock bar, stock endlinks, and stock mounts.

I'm slowly piecing together my update, which will consist of Perrin 25mm bar, both the Perrin and AVO reinforcements, Energy Suspension "beefier" U-bracket, and Rallitek HD endlinks.

I'm dropped via iON Sport Spec (MT) springs, on stock struts. Updating to Konis.

My current setup sees a section of the passenger side of the bar rubbing against the cross-pipe of the exhaust.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Im running the Q300, 22mm Perrin sways with Perrin endlinks and mounts and lowered on Tein H Techs. The exhaust was sitting on the sway bar at first but I added a 3/8 spacer in the rear and have better clearence. I also set my Konis to a slightly stiffer setting and no more issues so far. Plus the stance of the car looks better.

DSC00161.thumb.jpg.48c1dc331acc9db0ad2f8e1c45ca26ac.jpg

^ Where did you add the spacer? :confused:

Sorry, I'm kinda dense this evening (heavy meal! :lol:) :redface:.

Thanks in advance for the clarification. :)

----

thanks a lot sir! now i got to get a perrin rear sway :(

No need to thank me - just glad to help. :)

But before you jump, be careful in reading my post: yes, I've got my set of 25mm Perrin sways sitting around, but I haven't gotten to installing them, yet, due to my delayed endlink decision.

Currently, I'm clearing the factory bar - and I don't know if it's because of the Avo reinforcement bracket displacing the bar slightly more towards the rear of the vehicle, or if it is because of my now restored component geometry in that area.

Sorry I should have included that in my post. The spacer went on top of the rear struts. You can get them from FBP or direct from paranoid fabrications.

^ Ah! No problem. The "saggy butt spacers," got it!

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying! :)

yeah, I want to hear this new exhaust in person, mang!

if you end up getting a new rear sway, and the Cusco one isn't damaged, I may just have to take it off your hands...i've been meaning to get a rear sway bar for my car for as long as I can remember.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived