LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...in the first pic the edge near right side of the wastegate exit has been smoothed out, it's normally a sharper edge. In the other pic the wastegate diameter has been slightly increased. Edited by Syndicate

...in the first pic the edge near right side of the wastegate exit has been smoothed out, it's normally a sharper edge. In the other pic the wastegate diameter has been slightly increased.
And you were able to use the stock flapper right ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
After the"dent" mod and ported hotside we made 326 tq & 282 hp. Mustang Dyno.

No over boost.

Edit: forgot to mention the clutch started to get slippy. Hence the early dip

a53dade219f179853e2c3247cec5883f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How do you like the tune overall? I really want to get mine done again. And now even more...just need a few more mods lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Aye, rev works! Scott is a cool dude. Who did the tune, Mikey?
Yeah, Scott is really nice. There's some pretty cool projects there too! Yup, Mikey door my tune.
Refresh my memory, the TBE is the only powermod?
Yeah, pretty much. AEM filter, nameless bpv and axel backs.
How do you like the tune overall? I really want to get mine done again. And now even more...just need a few more mods lol!

Honestly, I really couldn't get in it. Going home it was about lunch time, with major construction going on for the I-4 ultimate, and then heavy traffic on I-4.

But the little punches I did felt great. And it sounds so nice.

Edited by Starks

Yeah, Scott is really nice. There's some pretty cool projects there too! Yup, Mikey door my tune.Yeah, pretty much. AEM filter, nameless bpv and axel backs.Honestly, I really couldn't get in it. Going home it was about lunch time, with major construction going on for the I-4 ultimate, and then heavy traffic on I-4.

But the little punches I did felt great. And it sounds so nice.

What about just cruising, I'm most disappointed in the poor economy. I used to manage 25 to 27 mpg going to Tampa. Now I'm lucky to hit 22 with mostly cruise control.

What about just cruising, I'm most disappointed in the poor economy. I used to manage 25 to 27 mpg going to Tampa. Now I'm lucky to hit 22 with mostly cruise control.

Hmm, I didn't consider MPG. Give me a bit and I'll check back in.

Heh, I average 17, but I'm almost never on the highway and when I am, it's a short stretch and not really fast.

• 1 month later...

Mine is in use and functioning. I did port my wastegate.

I though about going catless, but I don't really want to buy another downpipe because you know I won't be able to sell my Nameless one...

I'd say the most cost effective option if you already own it is to port the wastegate when you install it and then get a pro tune.

There is also the option of befriending a local fabricator and having them make the DP into a non-divorced style and doing away with the pipe bypassing the cat. If I had a spare one that is what I would do. We know the bellmouth DPs work well enough on these cars.

There is also the option of befriending a local fabricator and having them make the DP into a non-divorced style and doing away with the pipe bypassing the cat. If I had a spare one that is what I would do. We know the bellmouth DPs work well enough on these cars.

I think I still have my nameless dp sitting in my garage, along with a catless TurboXS dp. If you or anyone is interested for a spare I'd probably sell it for next to nothing at this point since its doing nothing but taking up space and collecting dust.

I think I still have my nameless dp sitting in my garage, along with a catless TurboXS dp. If you or anyone is interested for a spare I'd probably sell it for next to nothing at this point since its doing nothing but taking up space and collecting dust.
Pm me a shipped price to 33823 if you have the nameless one still. I would just want the jpipe with cat.

Anyone new having any luck with the DP yet? Im debating keeping it for my next 5th gen, selling it, or turning it into a "Shrine of Stupid Purchases" at this point.

...yep, I have my wastegate ported though and I'm also running the Grimmspeed 3-port ebcs. I ran all winter in pretty cold temps and it never went any higher than mid 19+ psi. With the temps getting warmer it's doing fine as well and staying at a peak of 18.7psi.

...yep, I have my wastegate ported though and I'm also running the Grimmspeed 3-port ebcs. I ran all winter in pretty cold temps and it never went any higher than mid 19+ psi. With the temps getting warmer it's doing fine as well and staying at a peak of 18.7psi.
I can spike 21 PSI with the same setup, but I suspect my wastegate porting was done poorly.

• 6 months later...

Bumping this old thread to the top!

For the past couple years I've been running a tune I was never completely happy with...it got the job done for the most part but that car was pretty weak off boost and despite my desire to have peak boost around 18.5, the tuner wasn't able to get it down there.

I heard my original tuner was doing e-tunes on the side (I used to go to his dyno equipped shop until he closed and moved) so I decided to give that a shot. His old tunes on my car had amazing off-boost response that I really grew to miss. I had to get a wideband installed before he'd touch it (which I think says a lot about his commitment to a quality tune, others don't bother) and the end result is great. I was concerned he wouldn't be able to keep the boost down due to the known issues with this DP but so far so good.

Peak boost is set to 18 and with temps in the low 60s I stay right around there +/- .5 psi. I'm not sure what kind of magic he did but I'm pleased. Looking at the log, it's even using less WGDC than before. Now, I'm not saying my overboost is completely cured, but I do feel somewhat better. I'll keep an eye on things as it gets colder and update if anything noteworthy comes up.