LegacyGT.com

Crunchy Bushings - Whiteline noises (offset + RCK) - Installed wrong?

Rhitter

I had my Avo front rear LCA fail and I had whiteline offset LCAs (KCA334) and rck (KCA313) installed. Now my front end is super crunchy sounding. I crawled around and I couldn't find anything obvious wrong with the installation.

I also have the whiteline front front LCA bushings and the ebay musa endlinks. However, I had those with the Avo bushings and I wasn't getting this sound.

My plan is to try and grease up everything I can find, but I was curious if anyone else had had this experience with them or had a solution.

Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaLPqvPwPR8&list=UU3rcBJY1kwyGT_S9lA0zI7g

Hmm, that sounds like rubbing to me. It is possible that the extra caster has pushed the front wheels far enough forward to cause slight contact between your OBXT-sized tires and the wheel well on your lowered car. I would check for signs of rubbing in the wheel well and then assess.

Were your AVO bushings the offset type?

Any luck?

Nothing abnormal in the wheel wells. I get a tiny bit of rubbing on full lock on one of the sides, but that's been going on for a few years.

It almost sounds like somethings loose, I just can't find it. Ill spend more time this weekend under it looking around.

Braking hard makes slight sounds, accelerating is the same, hitting bumps in the road at slow speeds I get the same sound too. Speed bumps are just the most noticeable. It's mostly quiet at freeway speeds.

No one else has ever had these issues, the shop most have just installed something incorrectly.

Finally got around to crawling under the car while it was being jacked up. It was not the Whiteline bits. They aren't bringing in anymore noise than what's normal for poly LCAs.

The Energy suspension fsb bushings were dry and creaking like crazy. so it was just a coincidence that they started creaking exactly when I got the whiteline bits installed...or the shop did something that removed all the grease. The bushings are only a couple months old.

I had used marine grease ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007S1BGW0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Lucas Oil Marine Grease - 14oz. 10320-30: Automotive[/ame]) so I don't know if that was the issue. Loaded it with white lithium grease and hopefully it stays quiet for awhile longer.

Archived