LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I'm curious why it matters to have the matching VIN sticker. My OCD understands why, but practically does it matter somehow?

If you changed out the sticker on the donor door with one that matches the rest of the car, isn't that cheating/deceitf/fraud?

Maybe in 50 years our cars will be worth enough $$$ for people to desire a "VIN matching" collector car, but not now.

got a call on my car getting built, They received my clutch, so I will have a Spec Stage 2 clutch for sale soon. I was alble to sell the TVG deletes I got that were wrong :lol: so it knocked a chunk off the bill (WINNING :spin:).

Heads are getting worked on and done right. I kept asking if they needed any parts shipped and they said all looks good and they are going to start back on the car soon.

Now I am looking at wheels, Thinking about going Enkie TS-10 in gold 225/40/18 on Tein coils. Cause I do not want to be that guy that plasti dips them. I really want to powder coat my wheels, Thats what I normally do. Nothing against it. Might just get another set next year once the kid in in school.

I did ask about a nice Raduim inline metal fuel filter, and he said no need. Love this place, instead of trying to sell me stuff he said nope.

Damn I want a 6 speed swap also :lol:

got a call on my car getting built, They received my clutch, so I will have a Spec Stage 2 clutch for sale soon. I was alble to sell the TVG deletes I got that were wrong [emoji38] so it knocked a chunk off the bill (WINNING :spin:).

Heads are getting worked on and done right. I kept asking if they needed any parts shipped and they said all looks good and they are going to start back on the car soon.

Now I am looking at wheels, Thinking about going Enkie TS-10 in gold 225/40/18 on Tein coils. Cause I do not want to be that guy that plasti dips them. I really want to powder coat my wheels, Thats what I normally do. Nothing against it. Might just get another set next year once the kid in in school.

I did ask about a nice Raduim inline metal fuel filter, and he said no need. Love this place, instead of trying to sell me stuff he said nope.

Damn I want a 6 speed swap also [emoji38]

Underdog has a set of PF01 for sale for a really good buy in the FS section. They're 17x8 +45. I have the same wheel for summer and really like them.

8 YEARS with my wagon today!

So much appreciation for what it's done for me during that time, but not without significant effort on my part either. Needless to say this forum and it's members are owed a big thank you too, and much love for the community

8 YEARS with my wagon today!

So much appreciation for what it's done for me during that time, but not without significant effort on my part either. Needless to say this forum and it's members are owed a big thank you too, and much love for the community

I totally know what our saying and fully agree. these wagons are pretty awesome. Someday I'm going to have a hard time letting it go...it's just so much fun to drive.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Considering SG9 JDM Forester STI 6 speed transmission. Looks like it has the taller gearing and front diff. I was going to try and purchase from a member here but shipping will definitely be a hassle. I been watching usdm spec b 6 speed like a hawk but the shipping becomes a headache. I would know because I just got my last 2 boxes for my spec B interior and waited nearly 3 months for everything to arrive.

Is that forester trans a wise decision to buy for my 08 legacy gt? IIRC there is 1 member on here that is really happy with that swap. I Pmd him but nothing as of yet since it was years ago. Thanks for your guys input. Seems that there are a couple jdm spec b trans for sale now.

I'm definitely keeping my leggy and next steps are a rallispec block and 6 speed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Considering SG9 JDM Forester STI 6 speed transmission. Looks like it has the taller gearing and front diff. I was going to try and purchase from a member here but shipping will definitely be a hassle. I been watching usdm spec b 6 speed like a hawk but the shipping becomes a headache. I would know because I just got my last 2 boxes for my spec B interior and waited nearly 3 months for everything to arrive.

Is that forester trans a wise decision to buy for my 08 legacy gt? IIRC there is 1 member on here that is really happy with that swap. I Pmd him but nothing as of yet since it was years ago. Thanks for your guys input. Seems that there are a couple jdm spec b trans for sale now.

I'm definitely keeping my leggy and next steps are a rallispec block and 6 speed.

IMO I would stay with one of the USDM 6mt's up for sale currently. If the owner can get a wood skid from Home Depot type place and strap the parts on it and call a fright company they can ship it anywhere in a reasonable time.

I have done that with a Honda engine years ago to a foreign country. Really not that hard if you have a willing seller.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

IMO I would stay with one of the USDM 6mt's up for sale currently. If the owner can get a wood skid from Home Depot type place and strap the parts on it and call a fright company they can ship it anywhere in a reasonable time.

I have done that with a Honda engine years ago to a foreign country. Really not that hard if you have a willing seller.

TY856WL7CC

That's what I was thinking...just so rare to see one pop up. At least I'm not in a rush. Definitely want to source the trans before proceeding with a built shortblock. Another scenario or last resort would be PPG gears lol.

I'm definitely late to the 6 speed swap game with car being 12 years old but definitely want to keep her and build her stronger.

Thanks for your input Max.

Edited by tocinoman25

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I totally know what our saying and fully agree. these wagons are pretty awesome. Someday I'm going to a hard time letting it go...it's just so much fun to drive.
When i first read this i thought you'd written "sunday", and not "someday". Just about shjt a brick.
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Ran replacement wire for the STi gauge pack. The old ones were abraided through so I sleeved the new ones. I can't get the firewall grommet to fit back on the firewall with the sleeves. Will try again when I replenish my patience. Also installed the Fluidampr, new upper radiator hose, tightened the pitch mount, and located my flubbering boost leak.

8be0910ec15133d4560ca95b28241d43.jpg

P.S. Got the grommet in right after finishing this post.

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Had a long day today, started the big detail of the spec b. Wash, claybar, iron decontamination of paint and polishing with my DA and a cutting solution. When I was done the polishing of course it just started to rain and with the parts car in the garage I was forced to watch it get wet. The work today was worth it! The water beaded off beautifully and didn't sit on the paint like it did earlier in the week. Next will be the waxing stage but with what happened today with the rain I wasn't able to get to it. So far about 5 hours in.

I haven't got to the interior yet for the spring cleaning and hopefully a few carbon pieces go on tomorrow.

This evening was spent with tysparks81 pulling the remainder of the parts car apart for what was needed.

95495159_10163602781870096_8647634539864129536_o.thumb.jpg.85fac12589d450efd3a87c9b91053d68.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

MAPWRCL.jpg

Ok, so how the hell do you get the wheel bearings out of the knuckes? I managed to get one of the rears off, but even after beating on the fronts for two hours they are still stuck hard. :spin:

Slide hammer works really well. If you don't have one, try to use a socket with extension on the rear hub bolts threaded in partially. Or, if you have an air chisel, it'll make short work of it.

I don't know if there's enough room, but I like this idea, never tried it though.

After removing the bolts, thread them back in a little bit. then put a socket on the bolt head, and hit it with a hammer

transmission of choice for race car. Sgt.Gator would totally approve as he's the one who tracked it down and got it installed. If you can get it, do so. The other option is buy a specb and send it out for upgrades. NSFW and shralp both did that. You can get ppg gears in any ratio you want as well as a flsd.

TY856WL7CC

That's what I was thinking...just so rare to see one pop up. At least I'm not in a rush. Definitely want to source the trans before proceeding with a built shortblock. Another scenario or last resort would be PPG gears lol.

I'm definitely late to the 6 speed swap game with car being 12 years old but definitely want to keep her and build her stronger.

Thanks for your input Max.

kred has a 6mt for sale in the classified ads section.

A built ppg gearbox is going to be a better option.

Ok, so how the hell do you get the wheel bearings out of the knuckes? I managed to get one of the rears off, but even after beating on the fronts for two hours they are still stuck hard. :spin:

Most Autozone-type auto parts stores have slide hammers on their list of Loan-A-Tool tools.

transmission of choice for race car. Sgt.Gator would totally approve as he's the one who tracked it down and got it installed. If you can get it, do so. The other option is buy a specb and send it out for upgrades. NSFW and shralp both did that. You can get ppg gears in any ratio you want as well as a flsd.

Who are people going to for upgrades - Rallispec?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

MAPWRCL.jpg

PB Blaster is your friend. spray it good, go have lunch. Try to get the hub out, if not, spray it with more PB, then go get a snack, then try it again. that worked for me years ago on the left rear.

The slide hammer did seem to work as well as the PB Blaster. Its just rust holding it in.

Having the knuckle removed from the strut, may not be helping either.

There are DYI's for this in that Forum, all the ideas are there.

Edited by Max Capacity

I've switched to aerokroil instead of pb blaster instead of wd40. I haven't had to resort to heat on any projects using it.

Looking at that pic I see there's no strut attached. I've never been in that situation, but I can't imagine that makes the wheel bearing removal any easier. Probably much more difficult that way.

Edited by seanyb505