LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

In the case of the 3.0 the belt runs everything so she's a sitting duck. However I bought an 06 Chevy extended can today, 60k on it with 2 prior owners. Once the outback is fixed it's going up for sale anyways. I'm over it

Starting to make my outback's chritmas list:

- polyurethane exhaust hangers

- leather steering wheel wrap

- ?

Then start doing some work:

- splice back together my dash dim light

- remove window modules (previous owner)

- get comp./leak down test done

- finish fuel pump rewire (larger gauge + relay)

- leather conditioning + general interior clean

- install 20mm rubber rear sway bushing (quit the squeeks)

- etc.

Off next week, back to work for a week, then off till january. Plenty of house projects too.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Traded it in for a ‘19 Accord 2.0T Sport. So long Charlie, thanks for all the miles and smiles.

[ATTACH]281052[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Underdog! Wow it's been a while. I didn't even know you had an outback.

So are you going to mod that 2.0 engine :spin:?

Underdog! Wow it's been a while. I didn't even know you had an outback.

So are you going to mod that 2.0 engine :spin:?

Hey! Yes it has been a while. Glad to see you and other familiar names still here.

My OBXT (‘09 5MT) was a great car, once intended to get slowly upgraded over time, but over the years it absorbed the brunt of wear and tear from my young kids and I kinda lost interest. When I traded it in it had 107k on the odo and was due for a lot of service that I just didn’t want to sink the cash into. Got a fair enough price, so I really couldn’t be bothered to do a private sale instead.

I’m already looking at cosmetic mods for the Accord, so I’m sure performance mods won’t be too far behind. It’s kind of funny how similar the car is to the stock LGT I bought 13 years ago. (And of course I still have my LGT - prob will post up some pics of the two together in my old build thread eventually.)

Looking through all my PMs from while I was away - did you resolve your dash pad issue?

Eh, it had sways and dedicated rubber and I had a full spec.B suspension swap w/ aluminum components, stage 2 parts, etc. lined up but slowly sold off those parts to get more toys for the LGT and my other hobbies. The OBXT was a great car, but it never got its hooks in me as a project car. I guess having the LGT already probably contributed to that.

But I always appreciate the enabling from my fellow LGT/OBXT owners, as evidenced by the “are you going to mod the 2.0” question. [emoji38]

Hey! Yes it has been a while. Glad to see you and other familiar names still here.

My OBXT (‘09 5MT) was a great car, once intended to get slowly upgraded over time, but over the years it absorbed the brunt of wear and tear from my young kids and I kinda lost interest. When I traded it in it had 107k on the odo and was due for a lot of service that I just didn’t want to sink the cash into. Got a fair enough price, so I really couldn’t be bothered to do a private sale instead.

I’m already looking at cosmetic mods for the Accord, so I’m sure performance mods won’t be too far behind. It’s kind of funny how similar the car is to the stock LGT I bought 13 years ago. (And of course I still have my LGT - prob will post up some pics of the two together in my old build thread eventually.)

Looking through all my PMs from while I was away - did you resolve your dash pad issue?

Ah. good to hear you still own an LGT. You'll still be around then and not spending all of your time on the Honda forum :lol:

I had to check the message I sent you cause I couldn't remember... So no, I was not able to figure out the actual manufacturing date of that 'new' dash. And thanks for the reminder: I need to install it!

Spent about 3.5 hours on Saturday removing the transmission on the 06 in order to install new clutch, resurfaced flywheel, fork, and so on. I was afraid of breaking bolts and stuff. Almost broke one holding the driveshaft. It came off. Good. Still snapped one of the mid pipe bolts which is OK. Also snapped one of the bolts OP used to hold the brake hose onto the strut body. Still somewhat easy to fix I guess.

And then, when it was time to remove the flywheel, OP reused the torx+ bolts :mad:. And obviously, they were overtorqued and the last one did not come off and is now stripped. Freak!!

Any tips to remove that sucker are welcome.

I used a really long breaker bar and hammered in the Torx+. I also stopped when it was starting to strip and tried the long breaker bar so it wasn't completely gone.

also my backup lights are out so: ordered an OEM air fuel sensor for the downpipe and rear backup leds from Diode dynamics.

Edited by Rhitter

I did use a breaker bar too and was very careful not to strip the bolts. Unfortunately, still managed to mess up one of them. At least, I still have access to the bolt head since it is a LWFW. But I hate dealing with stripped bolts. Always a result of over-torquing or lack of antiseize.

I used a really long breaker bar and hammered in the Torx+. I also stopped when it was starting to strip and tried the long breaker bar so it wasn't completely gone.

also my backup lights are out so: ordered an OEM air fuel sensor for the downpipe and rear backup leds from Diode dynamics.

If both went out at the same time, check your hatch harness.

My reverse lights went out due to a break in the wiring within the harness. The break wasn't easily visible and I had to tug on each wire to find the culprit. Found about 3 others on their way out as well...

Edited by Fasemelta

There's a diy around here about those wires, that seems a common problem. I don't remember if it was you xtbonbon that told me about the gasket issues as well. I need to pull mine out still, but if you haven't replaced those gaskets, I would so you don't get water incursion in the next little while.

My gasket around my reverse lights are failing (fills with water). I wonder if it was a short from that. I have a gasket, just need to replace it. For some reason I waited until it has started raining to do it....

I have seen the warnings for the break in the hatch wiring. More stuff I don't want to investigate.