LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah I'm not sure really, possibly due to the extra coding im guessing. Hopefully sales are very good with the mt and it gives them reason to keep looking into the development.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Cobb stated they were looking into how much interest there was for the auto cars. I'm guessing there's just a difference in the two and they decided the manual owners are more likely to be enthusiasts that buy it and didn't want to waste time on auto cars... which is kind of like the whole reason they never had a Legacy kit to begin with.

I am not sure on the pricing difference but obviously its $200 more for what appears to be the same thing, my guess is it required new tooling of new brackets and fittings thus the added cost....either way it is what it is and the flex fuel module itself is a BIG part of the deal, not just the flex fuel sensor and lines....

Getting a ton of emails but not nearly as many orders as one might expect given how much everyone was itching to go but we know a lot of peole dumped tons of money on preblack friday deals already :)....Please let me know if you have purchased a kit elsewhere so I can get a list going, I want to see the true response by making a "purchased" list.....

Obviously given that we started and maintained this thread for about 3 years, we really want to be the one to supply you guys with your kits either way and what better time than to jump on this 10% off special!

Thanks in advance for the orders so far!

1. 08 LGT - Mullen *purchased*

2. 08 LGT Spec B - Register *purchased*

3. 09 LGT Gkinslow

4. 08 Spec B - Bigley

Dave

Edited by gkinslow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Committed to purchase through TiC and Johnson tuning.

UPDATED and thank you!

Dave

1. 08 LGT - Mullen *purchased*

2. 08 LGT Spec B - Register *purchased*

3. 09 LGT Gkinslow *purchased*

4. 08 Spec B - Bigley *purchased*

Edited by gkinslow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just as an update for those wondering about if they should go with the fuel pressure sensor option for the $200 more - https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cobb-custom-features-and-you-even-without-flexfuel-enabled-276622.html

There are some details about the safety it can provide and what it can do as well as some of the software updates we get for our custom tune customers regardless of if we are running flex fuel hardware

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is a writeup on FAQ I've already gotten about the kit, its pricing and its abilities.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cobb-flex-fuel-and-you-why-and-much-276632.html

hope it helps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Called Cobb today. The reason the kit is $200 more than every other kit is because of the added FPR kit. This is due to the OEM FPR being too integrated with the fuel lines to add the flex fuel sensor. So their solution was to simply replace it. If running custom fuel lines with aftermarket FPR, the kit can be special ordered over the phone without the Cobb FPR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TheMonaLisa

Called Cobb today. The reason the kit is $200 more than every other kit is because of the added FPR kit. This is due to the OEM FPR being too integrated with the fuel lines to add the flex fuel sensor. So their solution was to simply replace it. If running custom fuel lines with aftermarket FPR, the kit can be special ordered over the phone without the Cobb FPR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who did you talk to? When I called them they told me I couldn't special order.

Somac- can you please move your post to its own thread, we dont want to try and undercut cobbs kit in the thread we have been asking them to produce it for the last 3 years.

Edit ( the info about how you were adapting things to your an lines is very helpful but the bottom of your post with pricing to cut out using any of their products is not what we want to do in this thread. I hope you understand)

-monalisa - thanks for getting that info.

Dave

Sorry about that. Deleted.

For anyone in a similar situation like me where there's a lot of the kit you can't use, just know that you'll be able to buy components individually should you need to. The value looks better just buying the whole kit though.

Cryo,

DW65c

ID1000 cc injectors

AVO380 (44lb/min)

Is that enough pump for e85/FF or should I drop some coin on a new AEM pump?

Yup, the 65c is adequate although i like the aem320. i can get you all set up if needed. Just let me know

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cryo,

DW65c

ID1000 cc injectors

AVO380 (44lb/min)

Is that enough pump for e85/FF or should I drop some coin on a new AEM pump?

Get the AEM.

I just dyno'd on E85 (~E70) with 1050s, a smaller turbo and my DW65c was the limiting factor. I'm getting the AEM with the FF kit and will go back to finish that tune.

Does this kit hijack the TGV input for the ethanol sensor signal? Also, with the new AP features, can I use a tgv input to log AFR? I do this with my current OS tune.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder