LegacyGT.com

Intermittent Lean/Stutter @ cruise

So this has been a new nuisance with the LGT, while cruising at 60-65 mph in the 2500-3000 rpm range it has been randomly stuttering and leaning out. AFR will go from 14.7 to the 16-17 range and it falls on its face. I should also mention that this will NOT happen with the cruise control engaged. This will only occur when I barely attempt to apply throttle over what's required to maintain speed. I'm talking like a 5-10% application of throttle, if I accelerate any harder the issue won't arise. Also this really only seems to happen in 5th gear, and only in the 2500-3000 range. I know I really need to get out and log some data while this is happening to help narrow down the issue, but it's also so intermittent that it could take a bit to replicate. I can't make it occur if that makes sense.

So far my thoughts are leaning to...

1. O2 sensor- I've just read the havoc they can cause and it's fairly aged

2. Fuel pump-dw65c but its not hardwired and I'm wondering if low voltage is an issue over time

3. FPR-I've read about the flutter some can cause

4. Coil pack- was having missing issues and they're all pretty corroded on the inside. I put some dielectric grease on them and ordered a couple to swap out and check but my gut would tell me that it would go rich if these were the issue

Anyway when I get a chance to log I will post the data, but I just wanted to get a thread started to some ideas flowin. I am leaning away from tune because this hasn't always been an issue. I'm also leaning away from vacuum boost leak cuz it recently checked out and wouldnt that cause an issue all across the rev band? Thanks in advance guys

Go ahead and shoot me a log when you get a chance. The fact that it sprung up long after the tune completion leads me to believe it's something due to slight wear like an 02 sensor or something along those lines rather than a tip in issue or anything.

A fuel pressure test during the event could show if it's pressure related.

Keep me updated as you know I'm always willing to help.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived